IGNORED

Norwich City (Away)

markjazzbassist

Unfortunately I think these past 3 games will make the difference this season - we got 3 points from what should have been 9. Liverpool, Man U and Tottenham also dropped points on the weekend so I think this round has to go down as a big missed opportunity. If you add on those 6 points that we dropped, we'd be in 4th place with an upcoming fixture against Leicester that could possibly hoist us into 3rd, but instead we are languishing in 10th.

We are playing really good football 70% of the time, but perhaps not having the experience to close out games is a negative side effect of having young talent in the spine of the team.

There's a lot of Premiership experience in that side, they should be able to hold on to a lead.

Definitely agree that we have missed a big opportunity the last few weeks.

We have missed Jags the last few weeks.

I think with him in the side we have that little bit of bravery needed to fight to hold onto a lead.

Jags has football marks on all parts of his body....he's like having an extra 30% of a keeper.

Really? We managed to keep 3 clean sheets in the league before his injury. Not saying he hasn't been missed at all but let's not overstate things!

Really? We managed to keep 3 clean sheets in the league before his injury. Not saying he hasn't been missed at all but let's not overstate things!

Not saying he is the big reason, just that I believe that having him on the pitch can sometimes inspire others to put that extra challenge in...or put your head in front of a shot etc.

That's what we have been needing when crosses have came into our box.

Let's face it, our keeper isn't going to change anytime soon.

This for me.

If we weren't creating chances and we're getting rolled over, then I would be worried.

I'm not sure. Playing shite and getting tonked, you just have to face up that you're not good enough. Playing teams off the park the way we have done in patches for the last three games, and still not getting the win, worries me far more. Bournemouth showed how criminally lax we are at the back, Palace and Norwich how wasteful we can be in front of goal. If you're playing at your best, but wins won't come, where is there to go?

Next two games are crucial. Leicester currently beating Chelsea, guaranteed to score against us, and even the frigging Toon have found some form ahead of Boxing Day. We've dug a hole for ourselves the last two weeks, anything less than four points from the next two and we can kiss Europe goodbye, and with it two or three of our best players.

Most ridiculous post of the year award. Well done.

Why? So we can finish 8-10 and we lose Stones, Lukaku and possibly more in the summer.

Patience is one thing but we only just kept Stones this year and there is a real possibility Lukaku will go if we can't offer him European football. Then our great looking youthful spine of the team is gone and we have wasted a real opportunity.

You're entitled to your opinion of course.

I'm not sure. Playing shite and getting tonked, you just have to face up that you're not good enough. Playing teams off the park the way we have done in patches for the last three games, and still not getting the win, worries me far more. Bournemouth showed how criminally lax we are at the back, Palace and Norwich how wasteful we can be in front of goal. If you're playing at your best, but wins won't come, where is there to go?

Next two games are crucial. Leicester currently beating Chelsea, guaranteed to score against us, and even the frigging Toon have found some form ahead of Boxing Day. We've dug a hole for ourselves the last two weeks, anything less than four points from the next two and we can kiss Europe goodbye, and with it two or three of our best players.

We are three points off fifth place. This knee-jerk reaction bemuses me, twenty-two games left. Get a grip people.

Why? So we can finish 8-10 and we lose Stones, Lukaku and possibly more in the summer.

Patience is one thing but we only just kept Stones this year and there is a real possibility Lukaku will go if we can't offer him European football. Then our great looking youthful spine of the team is gone and we have wasted a real opportunity.

My view is that getting rid of Martinez now would be just crazy! The reason for this is that I feel we are playing good / exciting football the way in my opinion it should be played. I think Martinez has generally bought well and is largely the reason why we've managed to secure players like Geri. I'm not a fan of the lack of subs but he's an absolutely football obsessed and I'm sure he'll adapt to what need. I still think we are going forward as a club currently and that is good enough for me. Maybe it's because I can still recall the bad times vividly and I think you have to be careful what you wish for!

My view is that getting rid of Martinez now would be just crazy! The reason for this is that I feel we are playing good / exciting football the way in my opinion it should be played. I think Martinez has generally bought well and is largely the reason why we've managed to secure players like Geri. I'm not a fan of the lack of subs but he's an absolutely football obsessed and I'm sure he'll adapt to what need. I still think we are going forward as a club currently and that is good enough for me. Maybe it's because I can still recall the bad times vividly and I think you have to be careful what you wish for!

I sincerely hope you're right mate.

We are three points off fifth place. This knee-jerk reaction bemuses me, twenty-two games left. Get a grip people.

Bang on for me here Mike. Believe it or not but this league is beginning to play into our hands. The fields are so much more even now with bottom teams capable of beating the top teams more frequently. I'll be the first to say we've dropped big points the last 3 weeks and missed a good chance to push up the table but stop stressing and keep supporting because come mid Jan we could be looking at the top 4 with a potential cup final.

Bang on for me here Mike. Believe it or not but this league is beginning to play into our hands. The fields are so much more even now with bottom teams capable of beating the top teams more frequently. I'll be the first to say we've dropped big points the last 3 weeks and missed a good chance to push up the table but stop stressing and keep supporting because come mid Jan we could be looking at the top 4 with a potential cup final.

I think the majority or 'proper' fans agree.

We're talking about the same issues over an 18 month period.

If that's knee jerk my reactions are slower than Howard coming off his line to clear a cross.

Same issues in last 18 months?!? You state losing Lukaku and Stones but neither of them were in the team 18 months ago we only bought Lukaku start of 2014/15 season (so wernt likely to lose him immediately). The reason they are here and playing exceptionally well is down to RM. I can't argue that the last 3 games results needed to be different as we dominated the games. Substitutions will always be an arguing point between fans and managers up and down the country and I personally think they could have been used earlier/differently. However I'm also an advocate of consistency and I believe in time that'll pay off. In fairness 18 months ago there was no complaints about RM after we finished 5th. In my opinion this is massively knee jerk and has happened as quick as a Mirralas hamstring tear on a cold January night! But you are obviously allowed your own opinion ?

Lukaku scored 15 odd goals for us in the 2013/14 season how is that not in the team 18 months ago?

Stones also made over 20 first team appearances that season.

That aside it really had no relevance to what I said. My initial post (that you quoted) was that Stones and Lukaku are likely to leave this summer if we can't offer them European football. It made no mention of 18 months.

The issues over 18 months I talk about are, our inconsistency, RM refusing to drop players out of form, consistently playing players out of position, failing to make any impact (or attempt there of) to influence games not going our way, a complete lack of (or perceived) man management and the ability to talk complete utter BS consistently.

Consistency can not be understated but there is a difference between that and wastefulness.

Marinez has been manager for 2 1/2 seasons now and he inherited a good squad.

He has made good use of that squad and made some very useful additions but nothing more. It's not like he's he done a miracle here.

Obviously we see things differently, as I said before I hope you are right.

Lukaku scored 15 odd goals for us in the 2013/14 season how is that not in the team 18 months ago?

Lukaku was on loan! How can you loose a player who you've not bought. He was obviously that impressed by RM that he decided to leave a team in the Champions League! As for Stones in the 13/14 season he played a handful of games most as sub! Hence why I said knee jerk! You put the 18 month time frame on it not me! 18 months ago you wouldn't of been calling for RM to be sacked. That was my point.

We should be in top four now ahead of Spurs, the last four games have been ridiculous and when we finish mid table I can see several players wanting to leave. We won't have a better chance of finishing top four than this season, we won't have such a good squad again.

We should be in top four now ahead of Spurs, the last four games have been ridiculous and when we finish mid table I can see several players wanting to leave. We won't have a better chance of finishing top four than this season, we won't have such a good squad again.

The players who (may) want to leave should pull their figures out of their arses and get us top four then. I agree with what you're saying but guys wanting to leave because they haven't been good enough is a bit absurd.

You want to finish top four? Play like it.

BJ, seeing as you keep replying to my posts I have to assume you can read.

Given that your replies have no relevance to my posts, you either have an over active imagination or are just plain simple.

Either way I choose "ignore".

Edited by Deacs

BJ, seeing as you keep replying to my posts I have to assume you can read.

Given that your replies have no relevance to my posts, you either have an over active imagination or are just plain simple.

Either way I choose "ignore".

You're responses were to my posts and therefore I replied ?. Difference being I didn't resort to insults, but that probably just shows the difference in maturity.