• Gareth Barry
    • Tom Cleverley
    • Aaron Lennon
    • Arouna Kone
    • Romelu Lukaku
    • Ross Barkley
    • Muhamed Be?ić
    • Gerard Deulofeu

Well I watched the game from beginning to end as well and I noticed while I was watching that one of the things going wrong were the amount of passes that didn't arrive for everton. So I looked at the stats to see if my impression was justified and yes, 24% of EFC passes didn't arrive, as opposed to 15% for Spurs. So why am I zooming in on Mori? Well, Mori and Lennon's passing stats were so bad that it pulled the whole average down. You can really pinpoint it down to those two, but Lennon wasn't massively involved in the game at all, I think Mori has over 3 times as many arrows. Plus I think Lennon can be excused for the fact that almost alll of his passes were directed at the heavily guarded Lukaku. So when you can pinpoint a problem like that, you got something to work with in my opinion.

I still don't get your point? He mislaid a few passes but was heavily heavily involved in the game from start to finish A game where we were penned in by a good footballing side in spurs. They were neat in and around the box and there wasn't much room for anything other than getting rid to relieve the pressure at times.

Well if you wanna talk about rock solid defensive work, I think Tottenham's centre backs were pretty much impeccable. Nothing came through, apart from the lennon goal, which i think is excusable, Lukaku was sucessfully tamed and everything. Now let's take a look at their combined passing map (4 = Alderweireld, 5 = Vertonghen, the blue arrow is Alderweireld's assist for the Spurs goal)

jNCKlYU.png

Now that's a pretty green map right there. So what's Mori's claim to the MOTM trophy exactly?

I see a lot of sideways passing in there mostly in the middle of the park. Take a look at Mori's.... Yep mostly defensive passes deep in his own half.

I still don't get your point? He mislaid a few passes but was heavily heavily involved in the game from start to finish A game where we were penned in by a good footballing side in spurs. They were neat in and around the box and there wasn't much room for anything other than getting rid to relieve the pressure at times.

I rate Mori highly but he his head went for a while. He misplaced a five yard pass by a mile at one point. I'm not making him the scape goat at all. Nobody was showing for the ball which made him reconsider his options against a well organised side .

I rate Mori highly but he his head went for a while. He misplaced a five yard pass by a mile at one point. I'm not making him the scape goat at all. Nobody was showing for the ball which made him reconsider his options against a well organised side .

It's a game of opinion I suppose.... Looking at other forums he seems to be noticed by a lot of other fans too. Lots of mentions for him in MOTM threads across the board.

How does passing the ball to Spurs relieve pressure? Compare this to Baines whose passing was really good, he went up field and was the instigator of Everton's first goal. Only one point of criticism there regarding Baines and Mori: Baines running up field caused some defensive gaps on the left back, where Mori filled in for Baines when Spurs made use of that. It was on the left back position of the pitch that Mori performed worst of all. But in Mori's defense: he's not a left back, that's Baines' job. Baines is still my MOTM because his constant runs forward had a direct positive result for the team. Regarding Mori: a few arguments that basically say "yeah but he was not that bad because so and so" is not a good reason for motm i'm afraid, at most it's an alibi. :)

I see a lot of sideways passing in there mostly in the middle of the park. Take a look at Mori's.... Yep mostly defensive passes deep in his own half.[/quote. Don't mean to be rude but what the fuck with the arrow thing? Looks like a Robin Hood drive by , nobody cares !!!

You're not being rude mate as I'm not posting them. Don't mean to be rude but you should get some specs.

How does passing the ball to Spurs relieve pressure? Compare this to Baines whose passing was really good, he went up field and was the instigator of Everton's first goal. Only one point of criticism there regarding Baines and Mori: Baines running up field caused some defensive gaps on the left back, where Mori filled in for Baines when Spurs made use of that. It was on the left back position of the pitch that Mori performed worst of all. But in Mori's defense: he's not a left back, that's Baines' job. Baines is still my MOTM because his constant runs forward had a direct positive result for the team. Regarding Mori: a few arguments that basically say "yeah but he was not that bad because so and so" is not a good reason for motm i'm afraid, at most it's an alibi. :)

You're like a dog with a bone here. Not sure why I'm responding.... But on what basis do you think you can tell me who I can and can't vote for. For example I thought Baines was very ordinary. I'm not throwing it down your neck though.

My MOM was Barry. Controlled everything particularly in the second-half. Thought Besic was excellent when he came on.

I was always taught that football is a simple game. Don't see the point (no pun intended) of all the arrows. As someone else pointed out, it doesn't explain the context in which the pass was made. It may have been the right pass but there may have been a better option, or it might have been the wrong pass. The diagram doesn't tell us that.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EvertonNewsFeed/status/683755114495094784/photo/1

http://websta.me/n/funesmoriofi

Shite he was! OFFICIAL MOTM

I know what it is Dunc, you don't like him because he's a threat to Jagielka

Fuck all to do with Jags, the lad was poor IMO and the match sponsor giving him MOTM doesn't change anything

Did you read any of the comments below in reaction to it ?

https://mobile.twitter.com/EvertonNewsFeed/status/683755114495094784/photo/1

http://websta.me/n/funesmoriofi

Shite he was! OFFICIAL MOTM

I know what it is Dunc, you don't like him because he's a threat to Jagielka

Some meaningless amateurs gave him an award. You really won this one, mate. Whoever gave him that award had shit in their eyes and shouldn't quit the day job.

Some meaningless amateurs gave him an award. You really won this one, mate. Whoever gave him that award had shit in their eyes and shouldn't quit the day job.

Hahaha nothing like a good old picture mate. Maybe you should change your name to Ray Charles

Much better defensively, as in we actually did some defending. I thought it was one of Mori's worst games for us. Besic is great when we don't have the ball, when we do hes a liability. He lost the ball, ran 40 yards to win it back with some great determination, then lost it again. He needs to realise what he can and cant do with the ball at his feet, when he does he could be a very good player. Needs to watch Barry.

Switching off with a minute left in the half again, not happy with that bit.

Was a really enjoyable game, shame we couldn't grab a winner.

I like this thread better than I liked the match to be honest, MikeO (Officer Dribble) has made a fair point, but overall I think Mirallas (The Flaps that terrorise in the night) is right about Mori. He did well but IMO not as well as he could have done. I bear in mind he is still relatively new to the side. (Can't wait for Jags to get back)

My MOTM was Barry for the work he put in. OK he was booked and the tv people always tell us he is the most booked player in the premiership, but how many people have played so many games? Anyway that is my two penny worth.