IGNORED

Manchester City (League Cup Semi-Finals away - 2nd Leg)

Matt

Mikeo you really are an arse does it matter when the fucking game was pointing out I made a mistake on game order doesn't change the point. I'm glad your knowledge of the fixture list makes you feel superior. It however confirms my assessment your essentially a useless knob

You're so loveable, can you send me your mobile number? I'd love to meet x.

Knowing the difference between league and cup games I know is a hardship, but I study very hard.

Well that is that, season over, and as far as I'm concerned Martinez's tenure over. Fuck the bad decision on their second goal - bar a piece of magic from Barkley and a waste of a gift from Geri, we were rank second best all game. It was as bad a performance as Swansea, we look a ragged, disjointed, dispirited team and at the moment I just cannot see where a win is coming from. For everyone hiding behind the 'great football' Martinez has us playing - where? Bar the first leg, I haven't seen us play anything but shite since before Christmas.

It looked to me tonight like the players were starting to turn on each other, pointing, sniping, bickering. There's no heart, no sense to me of them playing for each other. I never felt that under Moyes, even during the worst runs under him you always felt there was a grit and determination that would see us turn it round. I look at that team for where it might come from, and it is just not there.

Why John Stones is still making the first XI is way beyond any reasonable attempt at comprehension. The boy's head has gone, he has probably already decided he's off in the summer, and his appalling decision making is now costing us big time. The fact that Martinez subbed him straight after he cost us the game is an admission by the manager, but of course by then it was too late. I don't blame Stones - he's a young lad still learning the game. I blame the manager for sticking with him out of sheer stupidity and stubborness, when he should have been taken out the firing line weeks ago.

Fuck you Martinez, you are a loser who has no place at the top table of English football. Your project has failed, you have taken this great club backwards, it is time you did one and let us claw back some dignity from this pit you have dug for us.

Edited by nogs

Interesting how many started posting once we fell behind. Bit strange.

First half, we did what we had to do. We looked solid and well organised. We didn't need to go for it, just stay calm and keep solid. And we did. No one at half time thought we were shit, did they? Their goal was a lucky deflection off a hit and hope shot.

It was, however, predictable that City would come out in the 2nd half all guns blazing. They had too. They were losing the semi final! We maybe sat back too much. But then again, Aguero was having a game and a half...immense player. They were buzzing...we were under the cosh as you'd expect. Their 2nd goal could have been called for going out of play but it didn't, that's just how shit rolls for you when you are down. And the 3rd, well...that was poor.

The subs weren't a problem. Ossie was knackered and just before Geri came off he looked knackered too. Neither Kone or McCarthy did a bad job.

I know it's going to be used as another stick to beat Martinez with. But at the end of the day, like it or not, City are a much better team than us. They have a luxury of attacking options and they used them very well tonight.

Now for the rest of the season....

the bold part especially. really missed kev and naisy tonight. yes i know i said sell naisy and i'm wrong for it. we had lennon kone pienaar mccarthy, not really much by way of attacking options. should've used the Naisy money to bring in a striker (Austin 4m, looking a real deal) or something.

No one at half time thought we were shit, did they?

Er, yes... we got battered until Barkley scored. We then managed to hold on to the lead for the grand total of six minutes. I let myself believe we might somehow hold on at that point, Aguero smashing the post and Robles doing brilliantly to turn away Silva's shot after Barry cocked up were sure signs luck was on our side...

Come on, wake up! They shat on us, end of.

the bold part especially. really missed kev and naisy tonight. yes i know i said sell naisy and i'm wrong for it. we had lennon kone pienaar mccarthy, not really much by way of attacking options. should've used the Naisy money to bring in a striker (Austin 4m, looking a real deal) or something.

Yeah, I think an on song Kev would have offered something but not sure it would make a difference. They have a great forward line up with more on the bench. That's money for you!!!

Er, yes... we got battered until Barkley scored. We then managed to hold on to the lead for the grand total of six minutes. I let myself believe we might somehow hold on at that point, Aguero smashing the post and Robles doing brilliantly to turn away Silva's shot after Barry cocked up were sure signs luck was on our side...

Come on, wake up! They shat on us, end of.

I can't remember reading anything from you at half time?!

They deserved the win. No doubt about it. But we did what we had to do in the first half. We did the job. First half that is!!!

Amazing the backlash at Martinez here. We just lost 4-3 to City over two legs and were leading 90% into the tie before getting shafted by another shambolic refereeing decision. Do we seriously expect with our resources and players to be good enough to beat a team with Aguero, Silva, Toure etc over two legs when the officials decide to intervene on their behalf as well? We put in a good effort, we rode our luck to be in that leading position and the players and manager could have done better but everyone's acting like we've just been beaten at home by Brentford.

All I'm saying is that if you want Martinez out, fair enough, but using tonight, of all our failings this season, as a last straw doesn't make sense for me.

Personally I think if things don't improve by the end of the season, get rid of him then, there isn't much to be gained by booting him out at this stage.

Amazing the backlash at Martinez here. We just lost 4-3 to City over two legs and were leading 90% into the tie before getting shafted by another shambolic refereeing decision. Do we seriously expect with our resources and players to be good enough to beat a team with Aguero, Silva, Toure etc over two legs when the officials decide to intervene on their behalf as well? We put in a good effort, we rode our luck to be in that leading position and the players and manager could have done better but everyone's acting like we've just been beaten at home by Brentford.

All I'm saying is that if you want Martinez out, fair enough, but using tonight, of all our failings this season, as a last straw doesn't make sense for me.

Personally I think if things don't improve by the end of the season, get rid of him then, there isn't much to be gained by booting him out at this stage.

Fine. What's your plan? How long do we keep him if we stay on this current run (which has lasted a season and a 1/2 so far)? How many goals conceded is too many? Are you honestly OK with the general vibe and energy level you see on the pitch? Is this team playing to their full potential given the amazing talent level in those lads? How much Martinez horseshit can you stomach?

Fine. What's your plan? How long do we keep him if we stay on this current run (which has lasted a season and a 1/2 so far)? How many goals conceded is too many? Are you honestly OK with the general vibe and energy level you see on the pitch? Is this team playing to their full potential given the amazing talent level in those lads? How much Martinez horseshit can you stomach?

Like I said, give it until the end of the season instead of booting him out now, having a caretaker in to take over his side for a few weeks and then have to scrape the barrel of the management market to find a replacement.

What will we gain by sacking him now? There'll be a transition period anyway so it won't actually improve our chances of scraping a top 6 finish or winning the FA cup. If anything it's more likely to disrupt our players who have a good relationship with him.

Liverpool reacted when Rodgers lost his way and his ideas failed him. For me, Martinez is in a similar position now (if not worse) and the way we're leaking goals left, right and centre I'm genuinely worried that we'll be dragged into a relegation fight. There's just no game management there at all. At one point in the 1st half when it was 1-1 (and we were going through at that point) about 9 of our players bombed forward including Jagielka leaving us very vulnerable to a counter attack. What's going on? Use a bit of common sense and compact the midfield, defend as an unit and basically tell City come on then break us down. There was none of that at all. Moyes was too negative, Martinez is too positive (in every aspect). We need a middle ground to get the true potential out of these players.

Edited by Geth

Liverpool reacted when Rodgers lost his way and his ideas failed him. For me, Martinez is in a similar position now (if not worse) and the way we're leaking goals left, right and centre I'm genuinely worried that we'll be dragged into a relegation fight. There's just no game management there at all. At one point in the 1st half when it was 1-1 (and we were going through at that point) about 9 of our players bombed forward including Jagielka leaving us very vulnerable to a counter attack. What's going on? Use a bit of common sense and compact the midfield, defend as an unit and basically tell City come on then break us down. There was none of that at all. Moyes was too negative, Martinez is too positive (in every aspect). We need a middle ground to get the true potential out of these players.

But we did sit back, compact, and tell them 'come and break us down'. And they did.

Geth, don't you see? Remember Kendall in 83? Ferguson in his early United career (one game away from the sack).... It's just around the corner!.... Just totally ignore the thousands of other managers who had shit performances and continued to be shit until they eventually got the sack. You can't polish a turd.