IGNORED

Manchester City (League Cup Semi-Finals away - 2nd Leg)

Matt

Excellent signing.

Have to say, I loved the Stones of last season, but this season he's been very poor.

Take the £50m and run (if anyone offers them again).

City are very talented, but Deulofeu missed the 1-2 and tie over, and they were lucky with the deflection and the 2nd goal.

Now let's get the lads focused on the league and claim that 6-7th spot.

Funny how golden boy isn't (and quite rightly) getting torn to shreds for not making the most of his opportunity, but last years golden boy has been turned into this years Rom... I mean scapegoat, for his.

Edited by Matt

Excellent signing.

Have to say, I loved the Stones of last season, but this season he's been very poor.

City are very talented, but Deulofeu missed the 1-2 and tie over, and they were lucky with the deflection and the 2nd goal.

I have to say we deserved it. Dodgy decision but the goal was coming and we should lose to a pen last game. I am bored of this flattering to deceive. Martinez post match interview will go something like great character dodgy ref decision etc etc. He is a lovely guy but he is just not good enough at this management lark. I am interested in knowing when the results are bad enough get the man sacked.

Excellent signing.

Or maybe he's just nowhere near as good as people seem to think he is. But yeah, take that 50million if anyone is thick enough to offer it.

Collymore on TalkSport came out with the point that in effect now, Everton are just letting Stones make 'developmental mistakes' that we pay the price for, and his next club will reap the benefit from. First time I have ever agreed with him.

Edited by badaids

I have to say we deserved it. Dodgy decision but the goal was coming and we should lose to a pen last game. I am bored of this flattering to deceive. Martinez post match interview will go something like great character dodgy ref decision etc etc. He is a lovely guy but he is just not good enough at this management lark. I am interested in knowing when the results are bad enough get the man sacked.

Pen was in the league?!? - not relevant

Funny how golden boy isn't (and quite rightly) getting torn to shreds for not making the most of his opportunity, but last years golden boy has been turned into this years Rom... I mean scapegoat, for his.

It takes a season of moaning, sulking and the general feeling that he feels he's too good to play for the club.

You can make an error on one game, try hard and hey, we all make mistakes. When we know you've been making mistakes because you feel you are too good (errors on passes that create a chance for the opposition, marking errors that a focused Stones does not do...), yep, you deserve the stick.

Guest rusty747

Thought the referee was a waste of space. Every time a City man went to ground he gave a free kick. The 'goal' they scored which went out of play will go down in history. I hope the ref and linesman are suitably embarrassed when they see it.

Maybe, but the best team won and we got what we deserved. Good effort from most of the players but poorly set up by Martinez. Osman should never have started, Lennon should have been on the right and Pienaar on the left with Del boy as a 60th minute sub.

That was the league game so not an issue.

It takes a season of moaning, sulking and the general feeling that he feels he's too good to play for the club.

You can make an error on one game, try hard and hey, we all make mistakes. When we know you've been making mistakes because you feel you are too good (errors on passes that create a chance for the opposition, marking errors that a focused Stones does not do...), yep, you deserve the stick.

Or he's carrying on following his managers instructions to not worry. Just like Ross was told not to worry about making mistakes and keep expressing himself.

Maybe, but the best team won and we got what we deserved. Good effort from most of the players but poorly set up by Martinez. Osman should never have started, Lennon should have been on the right and Pienaar on the left with Del boy as a 60th minute sub.

Agree with this. Don't forget they hit the post twice. The first one required a reaction save by Joel on the rebound that was probably pretty lucky.

I don't think he's sulking or feeling to good to play for the club. I've drawn the conclusion that's he's just not as good as everybody rates him. So let's cash in.

Or he's carrying on following his managers instructions to not worry. Just like Ross was told not to worry about making mistakes and keep expressing himself.

In all honesty, we will never know. I'd say that he should still express himself on offense, but please, keep marking like last year, not like this year.

At any case, on the PL game the strategy worked, on this one it did not.

Let's hope that the group focuses on the PL and racks a few wins. This is a really good team with some elementary failures (lack of intensity, drop deep too much to defend) so let's see how the season ends.

Signings like Funes Mori give me hope.

Interesting how many started posting once we fell behind. Bit strange.

First half, we did what we had to do. We looked solid and well organised. We didn't need to go for it, just stay calm and keep solid. And we did. No one at half time thought we were shit, did they? Their goal was a lucky deflection off a hit and hope shot.

It was, however, predictable that City would come out in the 2nd half all guns blazing. They had too. They were losing the semi final! We maybe sat back too much. But then again, Aguero was having a game and a half...immense player. They were buzzing...we were under the cosh as you'd expect. Their 2nd goal could have been called for going out of play but it didn't, that's just how shit rolls for you when you are down. And the 3rd, well...that was poor.

The subs weren't a problem. Ossie was knackered and just before Geri came off he looked knackered too. Neither Kone or McCarthy did a bad job.

I know it's going to be used as another stick to beat Martinez with. But at the end of the day, like it or not, City are a much better team than us. They have a luxury of attacking options and they used them very well tonight.

Now for the rest of the season....

You did indeed, posts coming thick and fast and we overlapped.

Memma says it doesn't matter anyway, ignore a game and apply it to another one. Makes perfect sense.

Mikeo you really are an arse does it matter when the fucking game was pointing out I made a mistake on game order doesn't change the point. I'm glad your knowledge of the fixture list makes you feel superior. It however confirms my assessment your essentially a useless knob Edited by Memmaclub