IGNORED

Manchester City (League Cup Semi-Finals away - 2nd Leg)

Matt

Amazing the backlash at Martinez here. We just lost 4-3 to City over two legs and were leading 90% into the tie before getting shafted by another shambolic refereeing decision. Do we seriously expect with our resources and players to be good enough to beat a team with Aguero, Silva, Toure etc over two legs when the officials decide to intervene on their behalf as well? We put in a good effort, we rode our luck to be in that leading position and the players and manager could have done better but everyone's acting like we've just been beaten at home by Brentford.

All I'm saying is that if you want Martinez out, fair enough, but using tonight, of all our failings this season, as a last straw doesn't make sense for me.

Personally I think if things don't improve by the end of the season, get rid of him then, there isn't much to be gained by booting him out at this stage.

Good thoughts and post. For me this straw is last because he promised bill champions league when he got hired. We had a year of Europa and then 11th place. Now we have 12th place. I was giving him this cup because I said if he wins a trophy the man deserves some more time. It's not champions league but Europa again and a trophy. But we went there to draw not win. The subs said it As well. For all the ra ra attack talk he put on 3 dcm to hold a draw for 25 minutes. So it's beautiful football until it's the big game then we abandon it and park the bus. No thanks. I would have rather seen more attack and lose 4-0 than fucking defend for our lives and lose it with 12 min to go. Heartbreaking and gutless.

Yes he's still got the FA cup you're right and maybe a miracle will happen and we'll win it and I'll eat my words and look like a complete moron. Or it's business as usual we'll be in relegation fight for the 2nd year running and finish bottom half no trophy no champs league and sell our best young players this year due to it.

No thanks.

OH MY WORD....

what an arrogant, horrible little man. I want him investigated over this. So he now has an opinion of a team? He is meant to view the game - not have opinions.

Why was he allowed to referee our game?

Another story linked on that page..

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/disabled-eight-year-old-everton-10809157

Jesus, their supporters must be using a loophole that allows them to do this stuff.

Unfortunately a large minority of 'fans' still believe that being at a football match means they can air all sorts of disgusting views that are no longer acceptable anywhere else in public. Still sickens me some of the racist and homophobic shit you hear at matches, im talking all over at all levels, I watch Chester FC semi regularly and it goes on right down in the amateur game too. But this is particularly vile, City should be investigated over this, if stewards didn't respond then they are in breach of their obligation to control their fans.

Good thoughts and post. For me this straw is last because he promised bill champions league when he got hired. We had a year of Europa and then 11th place. Now we have 12th place. I was giving him this cup because I said if he wins a trophy the man deserves some more time. It's not champions league but Europa again and a trophy. But we went there to draw not win. The subs said it As well. For all the ra ra attack talk he put on 3 dcm to hold a draw for 25 minutes. So it's beautiful football until it's the big game then we abandon it and park the bus. No thanks. I would have rather seen more attack and lose 4-0 than fucking defend for our lives and lose it with 12 min to go. Heartbreaking and gutless.

Yes he's still got the FA cup you're right and maybe a miracle will happen and we'll win it and I'll eat my words and look like a complete moron. Or it's business as usual we'll be in relegation fight for the 2nd year running and finish bottom half no trophy no champs league and sell our best young players this year due to it.

No thanks.

We were pretty completely outclassed by City. Even high pressure wouldn't have kept them from playing us like a fiddle with their quick passing; it just would've left us more vulnerable. I don't understand how we always seem to be constantly out of position, with every 50/50 ball somehow finding the feet of the opposing players. Anyway, if we had gone for it, we might have gotten more than a goal but we probably would have conceded 6.

It is horrible....but nothing that I haven't heard from our own fans and at every ground I have been to....just normal.

I really don't think they were targeting a disabled person. He just happened to he in the vicinity that he could hear them.

Heard much worse at old Trafford.

It is horrible....but nothing that I haven't heard from our own fans and at every ground I have been to....just normal.

I really don't think they were targeting a disabled person. He just happened to he in the vicinity that he could hear them.

Heard much worse at old Trafford.

I strongly disagree , I am 48 years old and have followed Everton home and away all through my teens and all of my adult life and I have never once heard a single Evertonian abuse a disabled child

Yes every club has its knobheads but I think this takes it to a new low

I strongly disagree , I am 48 years old and have followed Everton home and away all through my teens and all of my adult life and I have never once heard a single Evertonian abuse a disabled child

Yes every club has its knobheads but I think this takes it to a new low

You didn't read my post so cannot possibly diagree.

If you had of you have read the bit where I said I don't think they were targeting the disabled person.....and you obviously haven't been to old Trafford haha..

Last time I went they were singing about murdering scouse bastards and raping thier girlfriends....even though thier main forward was Rooney.

I honestly didn't read anywhere in that report where they targeted the disabled person...at all.

All I read was that they heard them chanting I'm the distance and turned around and left.

I think it's sometimes too easy to read what we want to see, that being a reason to hate our imposition. I don't mean that in any way disrespectful but rather a prompt to read it again.

I'm going to so that I can edit if I missed something.

Just read the second link....

Dirty fucking disgusting sick pricks...take back my previous post...apologies you were right..I was very wrong.

Edited by Shukes