IGNORED

Now Martinez has gone, who should get the nod...

Lowensda

They won't get a penny more from me if they re appointed Moyes that's how much I detest the idea

I think my head would actually explode at the clubs ineptitude and logic if it happened although I still very much doubt it's true tbh

I'm starting to get abit techy over it all now I just want some form of leak or info of who we actually have in mind or for them to appoint someone sharpish (Obviously not Moyes) so we can move forward

I'm pissed off he was even interviewed. I'll be looking into getting a refund on my season ticket if we bring him back.

I'm with you. I pay by direct debit anyway, I've paid 2 if he comes back I'll swallow the £150 and cancel it, I'm not arsed I wont be going if he comes back.

I would hope they don't discount anyone out of hand. Perhaps this is just a case of doing due diligence.

I really can't see Moyes coming back.

I have a friend that is very pally with the Villians who said they were negotiating salary with Moyes and it fell through because they wanted him to sign immediately and he wanted to go to an interview at Everton.

that was my initial reaction too, but I'll never be done - I'm too addicted.

It would just kill any excitement we as fans had for the forthcoming season. Moyes had 10 years here ffs, it's not like he has unfinished business here. He was stale after about 8 years let alone starting his second bloody stint here. We'll be an absolute laughing stock if this happens. My mates who are Utd and Liverpool fans were always taking the piss when I wanted Martinez out saying that the only one we'd replace Martinez with is Moyes. It would be am embarrassing appointment and yet again show the lack of ambition we have.

In an analogy terms, imagine going out with a girl for 10 years. You haven't got much money but nevertheless she's a solid girl who never lets you down and you think you've done very well for yourself. Yeah, she might be Scottish and ginger but she's a nice girl. After 9-10 years you and her have reached as far as you can in the relationship so you both end it on friendly terms. There's no ill feeling and you both move on.

Meanwhile, you start to look for a new girl and stumble upon this Spanish girl dancing to Jason Derulo in a night club. You get chatting and she promises you that she'll take you places your previous girlfriend never could. You believe her. You start a relationship and it's absolutely mind-blowing for the first year - she's very polite with your parents and friends and very exciting in the bedroom! She actually is taking you to another world. A world you didn't think was possible so you start thinking that your previous Scottish girlfriend was actually not that good and she was in fact holding you back.

However, things are not what they seem. The Spanish girl starts coming home late and comes up with excuse after excuse and you get tired of her bullshitting. The sex starts getting boring. Very one dimensional, the same position time after time and you get bored. She's a very stubborn one. It turns nasty. This Spanish girl and you start to drift apart. You didn't sign up for this. She was not the girl she made herself out to be. She could talk but didn't back it up. You end it on a sour note. Bye bye Spanish girl.

You win the lottery. It's fantastic. You think to yourself 'right now that I've got money surely all the girls will want a bit of me. I'm a great catch.' You make a list of girls you thought were completely out of your league back in the day. You're confident all of a sudden. This is a new you. However, at the bottom of your list you scribble that Scottish girl you were once with for 10 years. More to be polite than anything else. Unfortunately, a few of the girls on your list start ruling themselves out saying they're committed to their current boyfriend. A Dutch woman seems keen on you. Very keen in fact. So keen her brother has been calling you trying to convince you that she's the one for you. You're not convinced. There's another Spanish girl on the list, but she's a bit older. Is she too old for you? Well she was pretty hot back in the day so maybe she could be a good catch for a few years or so? Again, you're unsure as she's known to be a bit of a gold-digger and has been known to spend money on stupid things. You start crossing names out one by one until you finally reach the bottom of your list and notice the name of your previous Scottish girlfriend. You think for a moment. Then, after some deep thinking, you aggressively cross her name out with a permanent marker and think to yourself 'I'm better than her'. She even disrespected you when she went with her new bloke. He finished with her. She moved to Spain and again found another bloke. As if she could get a tan, she was ginger. It was never going to work. He also finished with her. Then she flew back to the UK and now she wants more of you cause she's heard you've got some money. But you won't be fooled.... I hope.

The moral of that story is there's plenty more fish in the sea (I think). There's more girls in the world than the Scottish and Spanish ones you used to be with. Be ambitious. There's some pretty good looking girls out there. Be brave, take a risk. You're a good catch now and the ball's in your court. Don't make a balls up with your decision!!

Edited by Geth

It would just kill any excitement we as fans had for the forthcoming season. Moyes had 10 years here ffs, it's not like he has unfinished business here. He was stale after about 8 years let alone starting his second bloody stint here. We'll be an absolute laughing stock if this happens. My mates who are Utd and Liverpool fans were always taking the piss when I wanted Martinez out saying that the only one we'd replace Martinez with is Moyes. It would be am embarrassing appointment and yet again show the lack of ambition we have.

In an analogy terms, imagine going out with a girl for 10 years. You haven't got much money but nevertheless she's a solid girl who never lets you down and you think you've done very well for yourself. Yeah, she might be Scottish and ginger but she's a nice girl. After 9-10 years you and her have reached as far as you can in the relationship so you both end it on friendly terms. There's no ill feeling and you both move on.

Meanwhile, you start to look for a new girl and stumble upon this Spanish girl dancing to Jason Derulo in a night club. You get chatting and she promises you that she'll take you places your previous girlfriend never could. You believe her. You start a relationship and it's absolutely mind-blowing for the first year - she's very polite with your parents and friends and very exciting in the bedroom! She actually is taking you to another world. A world you didn't think was possible so you start thinking that your previous Scottish girlfriend was actually not that good and she was in fact holding you back.

However, things are not what they seem. The Spanish girl starts coming home late and comes up with excuse after excuse and you get tired of her bullshitting. The sex starts getting boring. Very one dimensional, the same position time after time and you get bored. She's a very stubborn one. It turns nasty. This Spanish girl and you start to drift apart. You didn't sign up for this. She was not the girl she made herself out to be. She could talk but didn't back it up. You end it on a sour note. Bye bye Spanish girl.

You win the lottery. It's fantastic. You think to yourself 'right now that I've got money surely all the girls will want a bit of me. I'm a great catch.' You make a list of girls you thought were completely out of your league back in the day. You're confident all of a sudden. This is a new you. However, at the bottom of your list you scribble that Scottish girl you were once with for 10 years. More to be polite than anything else. Unfortunately, a few of the girls on your list start ruling themselves out saying they're committed to their current boyfriend. A Dutch woman seems keen on you. Very keen in fact. So keen her brother has been calling you trying to convince you that she's the one for you. You're not convinced. There's another Spanish girl on the list, but she's a bit older. Is she too old for you? Well she was pretty hot back in the day so maybe she could be a good catch for a few years or so? Again, you're unsure as she's known to be a bit of a gold-digger and has been known to spend money on stupid things. You start crossing names out one by one until you finally reach the bottom of your list and notice the name of your previous Scottish girlfriend. You think for a moment. Then, after some deep thinking, you aggressively cross her name out with a permanent marker and think to yourself 'I'm better than her'. She even disrespected you when she went with her new bloke. He finished with her. She moved to Spain and again found another bloke. As if she could get a tan, she was ginger. It was never going to work. He also finished with her. Then she flew back to the UK and now she wants more of you cause she's heard you've got some money. But you won't be fooled.... I hope.

The moral of that story is there's plenty more fish in the sea (I think). There's more girls in the world than the Scottish and Spanish ones you used to be with. Be ambitious. There's some pretty good looking girls out there. Be brave, take a risk. You're a good catch now and the ball's in your court. Don't make a balls up with your decision!!

Hasn't been given a good amount of money to spend here. I'd like to see what he can do with £100m. Not against his return at all although I'd prefer De Boer.

I would prefer someone else but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

He will have a point to prove at least.

If I was interviewing hin I would need to see his business plan along with his targets and plans for our current squad.

You need to buy me and this position David. Show me.

Happy with 7th but doesn't want Moyes back. Makes sense!

When did I say I was happy with 7th full stop? You know exactly what I meant so why twist it.

In case you did miss it I'll repeat it.

At this present moment our squad is in dire need of a major overhaul, it's looking more and more likely we are going to have to replace Lukaku and possibly Stones. If that's the case we need a minimum of 6 first team players, not squad fillers but actual first team players. To expect a new manager to walk in and do all that and finish in a Europa spot is a massive ask, not impossible but a huge task.

What I said was I would be delighted if we overhauled the team, replaced everyone who needs replacing had a new stadium in place and finished a good solid 7th (which is 4 places above last 2 seasons) meaning we had stabilised and rebuilt and were in a much better position to push on again the season after I'd be delighted.

I'm not niave enough to think we'll do a liecester and I wont be happy to settle in to an also ran again like under Moyes but we are in real danger of doing a Newcastle next season if we don't get it right so a good solid season of consolidation, letting the new manager and coaching team settle in and getting a squad back that is together and harmonious would be a good season next season imo.

Regardless of all that Moyes shit on us, I don't want him back for that reason.

Hasn't been given a good amount of money to spend here. I'd like to see what he can do with £100m. Not against his return at all although I'd prefer De Boer.

Good point.

My biggest concern would be how he treated us after he left.

The.. We need to let players move onto bigger things....comment really pissed me off.

Geth that's funny.

Though it did make me think of one thing.

The grass isn't always greener.....not sure that was your intention.

You also had that Scottish redhead stuck in your mind for a reason. Maybe you always felt there was unfinished business. She was always there.

Maybe inside you didn't want to go for the gold diggers and wanted that dependable and loyal one back.

Can't believe after aall he said about us people would want him back. Called Everton fans a "disgrace" put a bid in for shite money for Felliani and Baines while he was still our manager said Everton should move aside when clubs like Utd come calling otherwise they are holding players careers back.

He thought he'd made it big time when Utd came calling he dropped us without so much as a second thought plus he ran his contract down so we got no compo for him. Now he wants to crawl back with his tail between his legs??

Moyes can fuck right off we don't need a little Judas bastard like him here he can go to Villa he's betteroff there.

Can't believe after aall he said about us people would want him back. Called Everton fans a "disgrace" put a bid in for shite money for Felliani and Baines while he was still our manager said Everton should move aside when clubs like Utd come calling otherwise they are holding players careers back.

He thought he'd made it big time when Utd came calling he dropped us without so much as a second thought plus he ran his contract down so we got no compo for him. Now he wants to crawl back with his tail between his legs??

Moyes can fuck right off we don't need a little Judas bastard like him here he can go to Villa he's betteroff there.

The knob won't be coming back with his tail between his legs, he'll actually think he's doing us a favour!

Excellent, would love to know where Steve McClaren sits in the analogy, as that's who we could be going out with. :I surrender: