IGNORED

Crystal Palace (Away) Wednesday April 13

markjazzbassist

Barkley been an absolute disgrace this first half. How many times has he given the ball away? It's not the fact that he loses possession that annoys me most though, it's his casual jogging back after a mistake like he can't be bothered to work back. Sort it out Ross. You're 22 now, not a 17 year old kid.

It's an ok game with nothing exceptional from either.

Gayle causing us more problems than he should.

More concerning, our attacking play is causing us more problems! Final third play has been shocking at times. Where you'd expect to see a player attack a gap, make a move, or just show some instinct with each other...they don't!

The synergy isn't there a lot of the times. That's not just based on tonight...its repeated game after game.

COYB.

Barkley is not having a good game right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

He's definitely not. One thing I've noticed increasingly, though, is that we have no organization in our build up. We're very loosely spaced, and because we don't have any geometry to our build up, we tend to leave the players with the ball on an island. They then have to try these passes to the one person they see making a run, and either they pull it off or their pass is cut out (it's usually the latter). This also ends up leaving our midfield out of position when our opponents counter and we need another individual effort to keep them out. It's such shit.

Too many giveaways; every time someone gets the ball in front of the 18-yard box, they're surrounded by 4 Palace players. Need to get the ball out wide and keep firing it in. Hopefully see Geri in the second half to do some of that.

After the way he was firing them in on Saturday? He was actually firing them out.

I'd put on Mirallas, Pienaar or Oviedo on ahead of him (switching Lennon to the right if it was one of the second two).

Bit of good news...the menace Gayle is off.

Bit if bad news...if a little fella like Gayle can cause us hassle in the air, what's a powerful guy like Wickham gonna do?!

Edit: ha...I thought I was on the match day thread!!

Edited by Newty82