IGNORED

Southampton (Home) Saturday April 16

markjazzbassist

think the complaints were about who he was taking off, rather than the kids coming on. Ossie, Kone, Oviedo all should've been off before Geri and Gibson.

Disappointing that Deulofeu still seems unable to play even 80 minutes. As for Oviedo, did we have a sub for LB? Having to sub early for Deulofeu, and then Coleman's hamstring, those 2 things limited RM's options. Then he had to sub out either Gibson or Osman, and I think Gibson stayed down in our box just a couple of minutes before he was subbed out.

As for Barkley......

Well, we got battered today to be fair. Lucky to get a point. That was a performance that said a draw would be ace, doesn't matter if we lose. Which is insane.

But big shout for Davies and Connolly.

Connolly won his headers, looked good going forward and whipped in some wicked crosses. Not starting material as he looks a bit to slight framed.

Davies looked confident. Wanted the ball. Played the ball well. Great tackle. Would like to see more of this boy.

There were some good performances out there...Robles, Stones, Mori, Gibson, Mirrallas...but too many players coming in without playing much to really expect much from the game.

Disappointing that Deulofeu still seems unable to play even 80 minutes. As for Oviedo, did we have a sub for LB? Having to sub early for Deulofeu, and then Coleman's hamstring, those 2 things limited RM's options. Then he had to sub out either Gibson or Osman, and I think Gibson stayed down in our box just a couple of minutes before he was subbed out.

As for Barkley......

i know, but I'm still pissed off :P

Oh, and Oviedo was awful. Maybe more so after his twisted his ankle, looked a bad twist but I guess he had to carry on. Just looked 10 yards off the pace though.

Probably had to leave him on, as no Baines or Galloway on bench. Tough situation for RM this time, as early injury to Oviedo, later to Coleman, Deulofeu's mysterious exhaustion, and Gibson and Osman clearly needing out -- not enough subs. We got unexpectedly strong efforts from the two young players.

Gibson went off because he was injured btw.

Kone was no better than Lukaku has been the past few weeks. I can't remember him jumping for a header once, was only wanting to wait for the ball to drop out of the air. And at one point Oviedo (I think) had the ball out wide and Kone ran away from the penalty area, right across Oviedo's path, to take up a wing position... :unsure:

The two kids and Gibson were decent.

I'm sick of leaving Goodison feeling like I could've spent my afternoon doing something else... Like watching paint dry.

Gibson went off because he was injured btw.

Kone was no better than Lukaku has been the past few weeks. I can't remember him jumping for a header once, was only wanting to wait for the ball to drop out of the air. And at one point Oviedo (I think) had the ball out wide and Kone ran away from the penalty area, right across Oviedo's path, to take up a wing position... :unsure:

The two kids and Gibson were decent.

I'm sick of leaving Goodison feeling like I could've spent my afternoon doing something else... Like watching paint dry.

think Kone won 2 headers; one by going right through Fonte and the other was a decent knock down. Trouble is, he got no support at all and it went to one of their players. He was still dire.

Didn't realise Gibson went off injured, but I'm not surprised in the slightest

I have a buddy who doesn't watch footie but he knows I love EFC, he said he would check out a match, just to let him know when. But I just couldn't do it today - with the way we've been playing recently - I think he would be turned off watching this shite. Kind of sad in that respect. In all fairness, Southampton weren't exactly Bayern Munich either today, but they were the better team by a fair margin.

I have a buddy who doesn't watch footie but he knows I love EFC, he said he would check out a match, just to let him know when. But I just couldn't do it today - with the way we've been playing recently - I think he would be turned off watching this shite. Kind of sad in that respect. In all fairness, Southampton weren't exactly Bayern Munich either today, but they were the better team by a fair margin.

You predicted a loss! Doesn't a draw, under the circumstances, warrant just a little positivity?

We're missing how many starters? Oviedo and Gibson were injured, and Coleman suffered a hamstring injury. We secure a draw against one of the in-form teams and still it's all moaning! Not only does misery love company, but it seems to be as catching as the common cold.

Only Leicester and Spurs have more points than them this calendar year in fact.