IGNORED

Bournemouth (Home) Sat April 30

markjazzbassist

Score probably fair. Bournemouth's goal should never have happened, as it was a clear foul, blatant shove in Pennington's back, we deserved a free kick there. But they probably should have scored in last 20 minutes on one of their shots after mediocre defending by Everton.

Cleverley not good last 30 minutes. Barkley nice lead pass to Lennon befor Baines's goal, but Barkley still dribbles far, far too much. He seems more interested in clever dribbling than powerful shots. His and Lukakau's combined football brains are, um, insufficiently advanced. I do assume Barkley will develop better senses here. Lukaku, I won't care about his brain, or energy, or offsides, if he leaves. Hope he stays, but doubtful. Niasse shows some energy, link-up play, promising. Baines got forward a good bit today, some good passes.

Hibbert saved at least 3 chances in second half. Really impressive, numerous smart, smart plays, inspiring even. Stones solid, though was that his man who cut in front of him and almost scored the late header to tie it? Stones at DCM in the future, for me. Preferably for Everton. I'd keep Gibson. He's almost interchangeable with Barry, so Gibson could at least start every third or fourth match.

How many times have people said here that they'd take a dull win over an exciting draw? 3 points are 3 points, and we have a chance of finishing in the top half of the table - after making it to the final four in both cup competitions.

That only counts if someone else is on charge.

Have to admit though. I need something special to bring my spirits up this season.

Three 4-0 wins would make me feel a bit better.

They didn't have a shot in the last twenty minutes to deserve a goal?

We were quiet I agree, but you need to shoot to score.

You might be responding to my post that Bournemouth might have scored in final 20 minutes. I thought I remembered 3, and checking the play-by-play, it lists Ritchie just missing to the right in 89th, Afobe's header just high in 78th, and Stanislas miss to the right in 77th. There were also 2 or 3 around 70 minutes that were blocked in the box.

Maybe none of these was "on target," but at least 2 were just wide or high, and definitely were concerning shots.

You might be responding to my post that Bournemouth might have scored in final 20 minutes. I thought I remembered 3, and checking the play-by-play, it lists Ritchie just missing to the right in 89th, Afobe's header just high in 78th, and Stanislas miss to the right in 77th. There were also 2 or 3 around 70 minutes that were blocked in the box.

Maybe none of these was "on target," but at least 2 were just wide or high, and definitely were concerning shots.

The shot was always going wide but a decent strike.

The header wasn't close, wasn't even a free header.

The other...Can't even remember.

I didn't really rhink we were under pressure that's all.

They made have a few stat shots, but this isn't Fifa.

The shot was always going wide but a decent strike.

The header wasn't close, wasn't even a free header.

The other...Can't even remember.

I didn't really rhink we were under pressure that's all.

They made have a few stat shots, but this isn't Fifa.

I didn't think of them as stat shots, but you're probably right that it was just me feeling the pressure of throwing away another 2 points.

I didn't think of them as stat shots, but you're probably right that it was just me feeling the pressure of throwing away another 2 points.

Don't we all. Someone posted that we'll concede and I suddenly felt that sick feeling again.

Wrong that we feel this way but understandable.

But you can add to that my eternal optimism.

A shot that's 2mm wide is never going I to me and if on target....the goalkeeper would have save it, threw it upfield and we would have scored on the break.

So they should count themselves lucky it wasn't more haha.

Just got in from kids footy tournament.

Niasse?

Cleverley ?

Over all performance?

Niasse got better as the match went on. Worked hard and had 2 nice link ups with Ross that Ross got off good shots with.

Cleverley got a goal, barring that he was awful. Too many wayward passes to the opposition and I counted at least 3 times we had a quick attack break to their box and he gets the ball and passes back to the halfway line to the centre backs and ruins the attack. My last point on tom is he is not a left mid or winger. Baines was all alone on an island and would have miles of space but no one to link up and exploit it with. Meanwhile tom clogs the middle and our centre mids don't have space to work.

Overall non great, pussyfooting around the box with no penetration and no speed of attack. If they had scored and leveled no one would have been surprised.

How many times have people said here that they'd take a dull win over an exciting draw? 3 points are 3 points, and we have a chance of finishing in the top half of the table - after making it to the final four in both cup competitions.

Top half is not good enough. Fans started turning on Moyes because he couldn't guarantee Europe or win trophies. Same has to apply to Martinez, he is even further away from that target, there is no defence.

Edited by nogs

Niasse got better as the match went on. Worked hard and had 2 nice link ups with Ross that Ross got off good shots with.

Cleverley got a goal, barring that he was awful. Too many wayward passes to the opposition and I counted at least 3 times we had a quick attack break to their box and he gets the ball and passes back to the halfway line to the centre backs and ruins the attack. My last point on tom is he is not a left mid or winger. Baines was all alone on an island and would have miles of space but no one to link up and exploit it with. Meanwhile tom clogs the middle and our centre mids don't have space to work.

Overall non great, pussyfooting around the box with no penetration and no speed of attack. If they had scored and leveled no one would have been surprised.

It is absolutely a load of bollocks that playing Cleverley on the left is good because he can be like Pienaar and link-up with Baines. It doesn't happen because Cleverley isn't fucking there!

Cheers Mark.

Not like Tim Howard to fall over the ball is it? Pathetic attempt at a save. The only thing he could have done to make it more typical is star jumped over it.

So the goal was Howard's fault?

Desperation is evident in your voice my friend......or maybe just no knowledge of football.

So the goal was Howard's fault?

Desperation is evident in your voice my friend......or maybe just no knowledge of football.

Er, what? You drunk there, lad? Desperation? Did I say the goal was Howard's fault? You talk about knowledge of football, how about your knowledge of the English language? It was error after error. If you're trying to suggest that Howard's attempt at a save was anything but poor, then it's not me with a lack of football knowledge. Take a look in the mirror, if you can bear the sight of that mug.

Er, what? You drunk there, lad? Desperation? Did I say the goal was Howard's fault? You talk about knowledge of football, how about your knowledge of the English language? It was error after error. If you're trying to suggest that Howard's attempt at a save was anything but poor, then it's not me with a lack of football knowledge. Take a look in the mirror, if you can bear the sight of that mug.

Glad to see the years have mellowed your tongue Mike.

:rofl:

Not sure what any of hat meant.

I looked in the mirror, still didn't think it was Howard's fault.

Think I must just misunderstand the English language like you say.

Err no I'm not drunk either.

Thanks for the compliment though, been a long time since I have been mistaken for a handsome young lad...appreciate it mate.