IGNORED

Where is everybody from?

chalkpie

Hey Jaime - curious - why do you want to move to BC specifically and why would you want to leave home (UK)?

It's the only area I've been to in Canada and loved it. Went on a rugby tour in 2005 and fell in love with everywhere we went.

Vancouver was incredible and all the towns we stayed at in BC were awesome as well.

It'd have to be retirement age now, I've missed the boat by a couple of years if wanting to do it younger. Wait until my family have all grown up and then at least give it a year or two and take it from there.

I'm sure there's plenty of other areas to explore, I'll just need to use family holidays as an excuse to venature :)

Dave.

Born in Arrow Park Hospital 1982. Raised in Wilmer Road, Birkenhead, Wirral. With my Mum, Sister and 9 years later, a Lil brother.

Moved to Millom, Cumbria to live with my Dad, aged 11. Been here ever since.

Got a beauty of a wife 7 years my senior...was cool as fuck when I met her at 23!!! 16 year old step son who has been and is a great lad and a 4 year old boy who is an absolute star (has his challenges as he is on the good old Autism spectrum). And a 7 month old English Bulldog who, in fairness, is an absolute bellend at the moment.

Wouldn't change a single thing in life to be honest.

That's enough I think.

(Congrats Tonka!)

Dave.

Born in Arrow Park Hospital 1982. Raised in Wilmer Road, Birkenhead, Wirral. With my Mum, Sister and 9 years later, a Lil brother.

Moved to Millom, Cumbria to live with my Dad, aged 11. Been here ever since.

Got a beauty of a wife 7 years my senior...was cool as fuck when I met her at 23!!! 16 year old step son who has been and is a great lad and a 4 year old boy who is an absolute star (has his challenges as he is on the good old Autism spectrum). And a 7 month old English Bulldog who, in fairness, is an absolute bellend at the moment.

Wouldn't change a single thing in life to be honest.

That's enough I think.

(Congrats Tonka!)

Dave? Made me laugh

• 2 weeks later...

Paul

From sunny St Helens. Land of the mobility scooter and the world's oldest empty patch of undeveloped land.

Formerly a season ticket holder in the lower Gwladys but had to let it go since the wife got sick. Now the kids are getting a bit older I'm considering renewing again. Will mull over it and maybe get a half season ticket for Christmas

Wool

:P

Aaah sod it. Wasn't going to but hey...

Matt, born in Arrowe Park on the Wirral in '83, lived in Tranmere (3 years) and Oxton (7 years) and Meols where my parents still are. Moved to Manchester for uni at 19, had a horrific time and quit early (so I am qualified for nothing really!), became a butcher of exotic meats at Alternative Meats before moving to Europe at 23 to work in the food industry supporting Supply Chain business analysis / leading projects, and I've been here ever since. Initially based in Holland (Naarden) for the first 2 years then work had me in a different country every year depending on the project, so have lived in Geneve, Zurich, Barcelona, Ashford and Szeged (Hungary). Finally settled near Vevey on Lac Leman (Lake Geneva to most others) and, bar work, live in one of the most beautiful places in the world.

Just thinking, it will be 10 years living abroad this September. Bloody hell that's gone quick :o

Married a cracking American lass, have a 20 month old daughter and fantastic in-laws.

Used to have a season ticket at Everton, including the 94/95 season. Emotional torture for a 12 year old. Also had a season ticket at Tranmere Rovers when we couldn't afford the Everton one.

Mate you're a year younger than me but have done so much more in that time. I squandered my youth flunking out of university, flitting between bar work until I settled down with the missus and retrained as a sparky which I continue to do today.

That's not squandering mate; as long as you had a good time that's what it's all about!

My big regret from my youth is putting career ahead of joining my brother and a few mates on and eighteen month trip to Oz, NZ, Fiji and home via various bits of the US when I was 18/19. I was worried about getting back into the work I was doing but they all managed to restart their careers successfully; still annoyed with myself for missing out on it.

Aaah sod it. Wasn't going to but hey...

Matt, born in Arrowe Park on the Wirral in '83, lived in Tranmere (3 years) and Oxton (7 years) and Meols where my parents still are. Moved to Manchester for uni at 19, had a horrific time and quit early (so I am qualified for nothing really!), became a butcher of exotic meats at Alternative Meats before moving to Europe at 23 to work in the food industry supporting Supply Chain business analysis / leading projects, and I've been here ever since. Initially based in Holland (Naarden) for the first 2 years then work had me in a different country every year depending on the project, so have lived in Geneve, Zurich, Barcelona, Ashford and Szeged (Hungary). Finally settled near Vevey on Lac Leman (Lake Geneva to most others) and, bar work, live in one of the most beautiful places in the world.

Just thinking, it will be 10 years living abroad this September. Bloody hell that's gone quick :o

Married a cracking American lass, have a 20 month old daughter and fantastic in-laws.

Used to have a season ticket at Everton, including the 94/95 season. Emotional torture for a 12 year old. Also had a season ticket at Tranmere Rovers when we couldn't afford the Everton one.

Matt, I used to go to Geneva on business a lot. Caterpillar Tractor Co had their European Head Office there. Used to stay, from memory, at the Metropole Hotel. I remember some fabulous restaurants. You are right, a very beautiful place to live.

Mate you're a year younger than me but have done so much more in that time. I squandered my youth flunking out of university, flitting between bar work until I settled down with the missus and retrained as a sparky which I continue to do today.

So long as you learn and build on it, it's not squandered mate ;) Thats been my approach anyway