IGNORED

Supporting teams in other leagues

What is the general principle on this? I don't mean MLS--I mean, do Evertonians root for teams in the Bundesliga/La Liga/Seria A/League Un? I ask because the USA has a kid, a 17 year old, playing for Dortmund. Is it sports bigamy to support Dortmund too? (Obviously if Everton ever plays Dortmund in European competition, I'd be a blue.)

Used to follow Tranmere too, because there were a couple of years we couldn't afford the Everton season ticket when I was growing up, and Tranmere did a junior ST for £50 so went 2 years on the bounce with my best mate. But otherwise, I'm the same as Bill and Mark

There are other teams I have an interest in and always check there results, Swansea as they are only 25 mins away and I get to go there a few times a season, I always want them to do well apart from when they play us!! and Koln in the bundersliege as we have friends who live there.

Never followed anyone other than Everton the only side I keep an eye on every now and then is North End but I've no affiliation for them whatsoever other than being my home town

Neighbours an avid Barca fan goes over every so often to catch a game but find it quite hard talking football with him as he's purely La Liga literally knows very little about the Prem which is weird for me considering but each to their own

Watch non-league Kings Lynn at times, played there a couple of times and on the door step.......get really, really pissed off when watching a Brick layer or office worker getting a hundred pounds a week putting in better corners than England and Everton Baines on probably £45000 a week.

How the fuck do full time players not manager to get decent corners in every time!

Don't know if you'd call it full on support but I've always followed Aberdeen in Scotland; Guildford City non-league (because I used to go and watch them with my dad as a kid) and Zakynthos in Greece (got relegated from the second tier today, were safe until 85 mins into the final games of the season when the team they needed to lose got an equaliser :().

Also have a soft spot for Wimbledon; because I lived there for ten years and worked very near the ground, used to see the players in the pub often as well as going to games. Pleased to see the "re-formed" club made it into the the third tier today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36355814

Though a bit sad it was at the expense of Plymouth, because I worked there for a while too and they're relatively local to me still.

Everton are my only team but when I'm not watching us I like going to Walsall or Burton.

I've been to watch Wolves and WBA a lot in the past too usually when there's an unwanted season ticket off mates or mother-in-law (Wolves STH). Was dragged to Wolves most weeks as a kid as my best mate's dad was high up in Goodyear so he'd sit in the director's box while me and his son sat with the player's families - they tried to convert me but not a chance (it helped that they were shite!)