IGNORED

Morgan Schneiderlin

Nobody can argue the fact we drag our heels on transfers. This lads been up for sale all winter, Koeman wants him, the deal should have gone through on 1st January.

He could be 10 days into his Everton career now helping the team and we're wrangling over something or other. No I don't want us just to piss money up the wall buut for important pieces of the jigsaw we should be paying the money and getting them in .

The more I read and hear about this the more I'm starting to think this wont happen.

Fella on Sky just said there are 5 clubs trying to sign him and regardless of the money Utd are in no rush to sell him and are happy to wait for the highest bidder and that may not even be Everton.

He'll go elsewhere, I absolutely guarantee it.

The more I read and hear about this the more I'm starting to think this wont happen.

Fella on Sky just said there are 5 clubs trying to sign him and regardless of the money Utd are in no rush to sell him and are happy to wait for the highest bidder and that may not even be Everton.

He'll go elsewhere, I absolutely guarantee it.

£24m isn't a huge amount these days. United are playing hardball - which is irritating considering the fact that he has stagnated there.

We should have had him in for Leicester match - result probably would have been different and worst case he would be a match into his career ahead of City. Throwing in a player against City that has not even done a full week of training with his new club could kill us. I can understand Koeman's frustrations and if we don't bring in at 4 first team players for Jan I fear for Koeman's long term future with us.

£24m isn't a huge amount these days. United are playing hardball - which is irritating considering the fact that he has stagnated there.

irritating but well within there rights and probably doing the right thing for themselves they had huge outlay in the summer so trying to claw back as much as they can (I know wages plays into this)

I don't think we've ballsed up that many in recent years have we Aiden? Or am I just being forgetful?

There's only Sissoko that I can think of. Can't think of many that have real substance to them.

Granted we don't rush though.

Just off the top of my head from the summer, Sissoko, Gabbiadini, Perez.

That's 3 in one window, and I'm sure there were more.

Just because they signed somewhere else doesn't mean we didn't balls up. Deals should have been attempted much sooner, rather than letting other teams swoop in.

As far as I am aware the delay is because Man Utd are hoping West Brom will come back in and push the price up.

West Brom have gotten cold feet as they understand Schneiderlin does not prefer them. They will likely pull out of negotiations at the end of the week.

Do not expect Schneiderlin to be an Everton player for the City game.

Simple fact is Paul, we shouldn't be giving West Brom any sniff of a chance. If Utd want 24 then just pay it, get the lad in and move on to the next target.

It's this contant wrangling by us that drives me fucking insane. You never hear of us bidding for a player and buying them in a day or so like every other club seems to do it turns into a circus and is all over every media outlet. Everton haggle over base line fee, Everton can't agree on sell on/add ons, Everton would prefer a loan with option to buy.

It's shambolic it really is but I supposed more fool me for thinking now Moshiri was here those days would be over.

I could understand us stalling or negotiating over a Lookman but Schneiderlin is an important crucial first team player who we are crying out for.

Simple fact is Paul, we shouldn't be giving West Brom any sniff of a chance. If Utd want 24 then just pay it, get the lad in and move on to the next target.

It's this contant wrangling by us that drives me fucking insane. You never hear of us bidding for a player and buying them in a day or so like every other club seems to do it turns into a circus and is all over every media outlet. Everton haggle over base line fee, Everton can't agree on sell on/add ons, Everton would prefer a loan with option to buy.

It's shambolic it really is but I supposed more fool me for thinking now Moshiri was here those days would be over.

I could understand us stalling or negotiating over a Lookman but Schneiderlin is an important crucial first team player who we are crying out for.

100%

He's not lightening quick but far from slow he has the pace to play box to box and moves the ball very quickly and neatly

I remember Keown and a few others saying that when at Southampton him along with Wanyama were like Patrick Vieira (Gana) and Emmanuel Petit

I just hope this one gets sorted soon

Why cant we play two wingers and Barkley? Like we have done for about four years now.

Most of the season so far we have played Gana and Barry in midfield, Barkley in front and two wingers. Schneiderlin can just replace Barry. Job done.

Because we can't work back effective enough, commiting so many forward is inviting pressure if we give possession away.

re: last four years. Not been great have they, and Barkley's form during those 4 years?

re: Barry and Gueye, consider the first half of the derby vs the second half, there were four different sides on show, when we pressed and pushed them in possession to their defence they faltered, because we had enough legs in the middle with Lukaku cutting down options across the back line.

If we were to look at playing a higher line and use our fullbacks to cover space behind wingers on both our flanks we will need two olympic standard sprinter CB's because the quick diagonal ball will turn us around everytime or we get the best sweeper keeper in the world in.....

Just off the top of my head from the summer, Sissoko, Gabbiadini, Perez.

That's 3 in one window, and I'm sure there were more.

Just because they signed somewhere else doesn't mean we didn't balls up. Deals should have been attempted much sooner, rather than letting other teams swoop in.

Just because they signed somewhere else doesn't mean we did balls up either.

Sissoko (I think it was a PR balls up from Moshiri) but he chose to go to a good Spurs team in the CL. Gabbiadini, from what I know Napoli decided to not sell him. Perez, went to Arsenal instead. Wouldn't you?

I'm no fan of how the board do things by the way, just don't necessarily agree with you on this. I agree we are way too slow though.

Edited by StevO

Because we can't work back effective enough, commiting so many forward is inviting pressure if we give possession away.

re: last four years. Not been great have they, and Barkley's form during those 4 years?

re: Barry and Gueye, consider the first half of the derby vs the second half, there were four different sides on show, when we pressed and pushed them in possession to their defence they faltered, because we had enough legs in the middle with Lukaku cutting down options across the back line.

If we were to look at playing a higher line and use our fullbacks to cover space behind wingers on both our flanks we will need two olympic standard sprinter CB's because the quick diagonal ball will turn us around everytime or we get the best sweeper keeper in the world in.....

So you want us to play three holding midfielders? I don't get what you mean.

Schneiderlin is an obvious replacement for Barry.

I know the last four years haven't been great, but that doesn't make me expect to see us lining up with three players in there sitting. I've also not seen us commiting lots of men forward under Koeman, we did under Martinez but not at all under Koeman.

So it is us then that's holding this up and not Utd?

I presume they have named a price that they will sell him for?

I heard a rumour that they want to recoup the money spent, but I also heard a rumour we have offered that. But it's defInanely us that are holding this up?

Most clubs do this, its rare a club pays the full fee upfront anymore

Course they do. There's all sorts of theories coming out now from United wantingFellianis add ons etc quashed as part of the deal to them wanting us to pay of Schneiderlins contract.

If the latter is true they can fuck off, they gave him the contract why should we bail them out of it.

Course they do. There's all sorts of theories coming out now from United wantingFellianis add ons etc quashed as part of the deal to them wanting us to pay of Schneiderlins contract.

If the latter is true they can fuck off, they gave him the contract why should we bail them out of it.

Wow sounds like Woodward or whoever negotiated for them is a real shister

Most clubs do this, its rare a club pays the full fee upfront anymore

True mate, its just good business sense from both parties. Even for the selling club, they have the guaranteed income from a sale for the next few years. Unless an oil baron is funding the sale its the norm.

Just because they signed somewhere else doesn't mean we did balls up either.

Sissoko (I think it was a PR balls up from Moshiri) but he chose to go to a good Spurs team in the CL. Gabbiadini, from what I know Napoli decided to not sell him. Perez, went to Arsenal instead. Wouldn't you?

I'm no fan of how the board do things by the way, just don't necessarily agree with you on this. I agree we are way too slow though.

The thing is though Steve mate is you look at it from the optimistic point of view. The truth is, is we fail to ever have any urgency or purpose in the transfer window. Almost every single transfer is grinded out. Look at this one. Why on earth couldn't we provisionaly sign him a week before the window opens and announce it on the open? Even mourninho said in an interview when the window opened "two weeks ago a move was 100% in place, now it's like 0%". What's that about? I'm telling you mate there is absolutely nothing simple when it comes to our transfers.