IGNORED

Morgan Schneiderlin

Schneiderlin would be a great buy imo, not sure how much truth to it there is or if its just an easy story for the journalists.

Who would he replace? As good as Barry was last season surely he will be used less this term. id like to see McCarthy get another chance this year, had 2 mediocre seasons but Koeman could be the perfect manager to get the best out of him.

• 4 months later...

Often the case with his type of player unless you pay attention to them. He reminds me of a Barry type but bit more creative. For what its worth:

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/29544

yeah I've always said that about such players - McCarthy, barry, gana - in years gone by carsley, Parkinson...

got to actively watch them and I haven't seen him play given that Southampton never really made me switch sky sports on

yeah I've always said that about such players - McCarthy, barry, gana - in years gone by carsley, Parkinson...

got to actively watch them and I haven't seen him play given that Southampton never really made me switch sky sports on

If Everton weren't playing I would often put a Saints game on because it was nearly always entertaining (though I stopped really watching anyone but us over the last year)

ready made replacement for Barry someone we should target Jan for to allow him to bed in to hit the ground running in the new season

Agree - January could be very important for this reason. Now money seems to be less of a problem there's no reason that we can't build longer term in this way.

He's on the bench tonight.