IGNORED

Sunderland (Away) Monday September 12

markjazzbassist

To add to this, my 9 year old (who's exceptionally caring anyway) said this morning part of him didn't mind if we lost last night because it would have made that little boy happy and he may not get to be happy much longer.

That's what football should be about. I was a proud Dad this morning when he said that.

Then You Are Doing Parenting Right. Nice One. Sounds Like You Have A Cracking Lad There.

Edited by Cook My Sock

To add to this, my 9 year old (who's exceptionally caring anyway) said this morning part of him didn't mind if we lost last night because it would have made that little boy happy and he may not get to be happy much longer.

That's what football should be about. I was a proud Dad this morning when he said that.

yep - good schooling there Paddock.

I used to be close to tears when losing as an 8-9 year old.

Being a dad makes you really feel for this little lads parents... really football ain't that important at all is it on the grand scheme of things? Its great to be a passionate supporter but better to have humanity.

Just had a message through our "contact us" link from a lady called Jayne which I thought I'd share...

"So impressed with your club and fans donating to support Bradley in his fight against cancer. Brilliant , touch of class."

:)

The name rings a bell. Was on sunderland forum earlier and said where I was from. Loads of good vibes.

Thanks a lot Pad. I'm at work haha.

Read that and my heart just melted, looking like a right tit at the moment ( no difference I suppose).

You must be one proud Dad mate.

That's ace..special lad you have there

Player ratings from the Daily Express are a bit baffling :huh:.

Stekelenburg 6; Coleman 6, Williams 7, Jagielka 6, Baines 6; Barry 6, Gueye 7; Bolasie 7 (Davies 76, 6), Barkley 7 (Deulofu 45, 6) Mirallas 6; Lukaku 9

Barkley better than/as good as all bar Rom :dont know: ,

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/709964/Sunderland-0-Everton-3-Romelu-Lukaku-hat-trick-Premier-League-news

Player ratings from the Daily Express are a bit baffling :huh:.

Stekelenburg 6; Coleman 6, Williams 7, Jagielka 6, Baines 6; Barry 6, Gueye 7; Bolasie 7 (Davies 76, 6), Barkley 7 (Deulofu 45, 6) Mirallas 6; Lukaku 9

Barkley better than/as good as all bar Rom :dont know: ,

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/709964/Sunderland-0-Everton-3-Romelu-Lukaku-hat-trick-Premier-League-news

WTF? stek a 6? he got a clean sheet even if he did nothing that's a 7 minimum. Same with the backline. Barkley should have been a 5, Gueye a 9.

Brilliant that Pad, make sure you let him know that loads on here think he is a diamond.

yep - good schooling there Paddock.

I used to be close to tears when losing as an 8-9 year old.

Being a dad makes you really feel for this little lads parents... really football ain't that important at all is it on the grand scheme of things? Its great to be a passionate supporter but better to have humanity.

It magnifies it a hundred fold mate doesn't it. You look at that little boy then your own and realise how lucky you are to have healthy kids.

Gueye -10

Lukaku -9

Barry - 8

Bolassie- 8

Coleman - 7

Williams -7

Jags - 7

Gerry - 7

Baines -7

Stek- 7

Mirallas -6

Barkley - 4

Wouldn't disagree with that; apart from being overly generous with Ross, did he actually do anything right? If not it'd be a zero surely unless you get a point for shaking hands in a polite manner. Still a big fan with much hope but he really was a waste of a shirt.

It magnifies it a hundred fold mate doesn't it. You look at that little boy then your own and realise how lucky you are to have healthy kids.

Reminds me of when my 8 year old daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. She was in hospital for 2 weeks. When she came out we had to inject insulin twice a day into her stomach. I couldn't do it, fortunately her indoors could. The first time, watching, I was close to tears and daughter said 'don't cry Dad, there were a lot worse than me in hospital'. She is 45 next week with a lovely family, still has to inject though.

Reminds me of when my 8 year old daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. She was in hospital for 2 weeks. When she came out we had to inject insulin twice a day into her stomach. I couldn't do it, fortunately her indoors could. The first time, watching, I was close to tears and daughter said 'don't cry Dad, there were a lot worse than me in hospital'. She is 45 next week with a lovely family, still has to inject though.

I have a daughter with type 1 John, diagnosed around twelve; got two kids now and the best mum in the world (or second best if the wife is watching over my shoulder :P). Real rock for everyone when any of us is sick, kept my wife sane when I was dodgy a few years back.

Type 1 and pregnancy though is a scary thing I'm sure I don't need to tell you.

Ross was bad, but admist all the tension with him at the minute, mirallas was equally as shite if not wirse in that first half. Could have easily gone off instead. He was bad, but he wasnt abysmal and could have had an assist if rom would have got a couple of shots off whdn it was played into his feet.