IGNORED

MFK Ružomberok (Away) [Europa League Qualifier Second Leg] Thursday August 3rd

markjazzbassist

We won't Palfy it's a completely different format no different to the FA cup etc with so called minnows giving bigger sides a tough task at times, the mindset and nature of the game is totally different

These games are trickier than given credit for at times coupled with plenty of new faces who have recently come back from a break and will need a little bit of time to gel

Tell ya what.... do a search for "toothless" in this forum and look at the dates...

FFS indeed.

"We need a number 10"...."no pace".....

Ah but let's rewrite history and pretend everything was tickety boo because we had a striker who could finish chances when put on a plate for him.

We've been toothless because we haven't had any intelligent movement and interplay upfront for so long, we been toothless because we've had one player who is creative without being intelligent with one player in front of him who can't make good runs. We've been toothless because we lost the ball so often in transitional phases of play.

End of.

The funny thing is I did exactly that, and here's what I found: post-16547-0-44638800-1501813206_thumb.png

No posts from September 3, 2013 (the very beginning of Martinez' first season) until March 2, 2015 (the very end of his second).

The funny thing is I did exactly that, and here's what I found: Toothless.png

No posts from September 3, 2013 (the very beginning of Martinez' first season) until March 2, 2015 (the very end of his second).

Go into the "koeman" thread.... have a good read especially around December 2016.

Shukes comes up on the first search around us being toothless in attack... other posters talking about lack of pace and energy etc myself included.

Koeman has been on very thin ice with a fair few of us.... so yeah let's not try and pretend that what we seen last night is something new.... the very similar with a different style.

I shook my head when at 0-0, I watched an Everton player (maybe Barry?) have the ball between midfield and a back 3, definite shooting distance, not one player made a run past him to pull the defenders, the player didn't try to make something happen.

He literally did a u-turn and passed backward.

Outside the box..... something very very wrong there.

We were dreadful last night- utterly dreadful - Rooney was utterly dire, Sandro was literally kicked off the pitch, every time he got the ball he was fouled. Our passing was awful, our ability to keep hold of the ball was shite to.

I hope we improve in the next week because we're going to struggle if not. I fear this Europa ties have fucked our pre-season preperation up.

Problem with them is you have to win so you can't give everyone a run out- you have to play your core team. You also can't squeeze other games in between as you have to prepare for a game that's competative.

I think the same. Ruined West Ham last year and Soton for the first half of the season the year before.

Theoretically it should be of benefit because we should be sharper but it stops us planning a proper summer tour and the U20/21 world cup has meant players have come back late.

I guess we will see how we get on in the coming weeks.

Go into the "koeman" thread.... have a good read especially around December 2016.

Shukes comes up on the first search around us being toothless in attack... other posters talking about lack of pace and energy etc myself included.

Koeman has been on very thin ice with a fair few of us.... so yeah let's not try and pretend that what we seen last night is something new.... the very similar with a different style.

But your point was that we've been toothless since Martinez' first season and that people in this forum have been saying so since then, and I just proved that's not true. Are you capable of conceding any point in the world, or do you just change the frame of the discussion so you look like you were never wrong?

We were dreadful last night- utterly dreadful - Rooney was utterly dire, Sandro was literally kicked off the pitch, every time he got the ball he was fouled. Our passing was awful, our ability to keep hold of the ball was shite to.

I hope we improve in the next week because we're going to struggle if not. I fear this Europa ties have fucked our pre-season preperation up.

Yeah it was a bit shocking how much Sandro was getting fouled and not a single card was given until late in the match. Did make me worry about how he'll cope with the physicality of the Premier League.

But your point was that we've been toothless since Martinez' first season and that people in this forum have been saying so since then, and I just proved that's not true. Are you capable of conceding any point in the world, or do you just change the frame of the discussion so you look like you were never wrong?

You've proved nothing!

Since Martinez first season there has been a continued dissatisfaction at our inability to have any cutting edge in our play you conveniently missed half the toothless quotes.

You've proved nothing!

Since Martinez first season there has been a continued dissatisfaction at our inability to have any cutting edge in our play you conveniently missed half the toothless quotes.

I conveniently missed the half that you're talking about because they weren't when you said they were. Your argumentative acrobatics are almost impressive.

I conveniently missed the half that you're talking about because they weren't when you said they were. Your argumentative acrobatics are almost impressive.

Feb 2015 in Martinez thread any good for you?

No? You want more? You even posted how we seemed unable to apply ourselves with any cutting edge in the league despite doing well in Europa.

Good fun this...