IGNORED

Hajduk Split (Europa League Leg 1) [Home] Thursday August 17th

markjazzbassist

Apart from their "spitting the dummy out" moment I thought their fans was class last night, didn't stop chanting all game. Big fan of the two nobheads who didn't even watch the game and just facing the crowd getting the chants going.

First half we was brilliant, Lookman was outstanding, second half I thought our fitness was the problem along with morgz going off. Still a professional performance, clean sheet and a healthy 2 goal lead. Cant complain.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/08/17/koemans-verdict

This makes me happy. I don't want our manager to brush the second half showing under the carpet just because we still won.

I watched the after match presser last night, he was pissed off. He said first half good, 2 goals good and clean sheet good but we needed to score more and he asked them to up the tempo at half and they dropped off.

I'm guessing conditioning will be double next training as punishment.

Edited by markjazzbassist

In regards to the crowd incident yesterday what upset me even more than the visuals were the comments by their manager. The link is elluding me at the moment but he said he " Was focused on the match" and " Didn't see what happened". He then refused to talk any more about it. What an absolute coward. I realize that these are fans he will be in front of all season and so perhaps it's understandable (if not admirable) that he's unwilling to specifically condemn them but could he not give at least a general statement about how these sorts of scenes have no place in the game? Was a moment to show his character...and he certainly did.

Edited by SpartyBlue

In regards to the crowd incident yesterday what upset me even more than the visuals were the comments by their manager. The link is elluding me at the moment but he said he " Was focused on the match" and " Didn't see what happened". He then refused to talk any more about it. What an absolute coward. I realize that these are fans he will be in front of all season and so perhaps it's understandable (if not admirable) that he's unwilling to specifically condemn them but could he not give at least a general statement about how these sorts of scenes have no place in the game? Was a moment to show his character...and he certainly did.

i think they do that on purpose. just like how everton TV said they wouldn't show any of it. they don't want to give any airplay otherwise they'll do it more to get airplay, manager comments. etc. Just like how newspapers don't print out ransom demands anymore, they get off on it being published and it actual furthers the evil.

i think they do that on purpose. just like how everton TV said they wouldn't show any of it. they don't want to give any airplay otherwise they'll do it more to get airplay, manager comments. etc. Just like how newspapers don't print out ransom demands anymore, they get off on it being published and it actual furthers the evil.

I get why they don't show it on TV but I think it's different with their manager. He's in a position to influence supporters and send a positive message about what sort of club they want to be. If he really was taking the position that he wasn't going to address the incident because he didn't want to give them any air time he could simply say that and be done. Claiming to not have even seen what happened is an obvious lie and combined with his comment that "It's not his job" suggests to me his hesitancy is due to a lack of courage rather than a tactical decision. Sometimes silence (or a lack of condemnation) is complicity and, to me, this is one of those times.

I get why they don't show it on TV but I think it's different with their manager. He's in a position to influence supporters and send a positive message about what sort of club they want to be. If he really was taking the position that he wasn't going to address the incident because he didn't want to give them any air time he could simply say that and be done. Claiming to not have even seen what happened is an obvious lie and combined with his comment that "It's not his job" suggests to me his hesitancy is due to a lack of courage rather than a tactical decision. Sometimes silence (or a lack of condemnation) is complicity and, to me, this is one of those times.

someone said he's spanish. if he was croatian sure he's one of them they'd respect him. he's not. he's an outsider, he's probably as new to the behavior as we were. the announcers for the match kept commenting on how embarrassed the players were.

i'm not defending him, just trying to put myself in his shoes and see how he could have just been shocked at it all.

Edited by markjazzbassist

UEFA have charged Everton as well as Hajduk Split for crowd disturbances

Bound to happen. It will be because one bloke got on the pitch from Evertons side. He got arrested and is due in court.

I don't think any Croats got arrested. Yet you clearly see one of them whack a stewart sweet on the chin.

Wouldn't surprise me if we got the bigger fine too.

someone said he's spanish. if he was croatian sure he's one of them they'd respect him. he's not. he's an outsider, he's probably as new to the behavior as we were. the announcers for the match kept commenting on how embarrassed the players were.

i'm not defending him, just trying to put myself in his shoes and see how he could have just been shocked at it all.

I get where you're coming from but I don't agree with him being in shock. They were fined already this season for racist chanting during a Europa fixture and their stadium is consistently a madhouse. This behavior isn't particularly abnormal for them and even if it was nothing excuses him saying that he "didn't see it". The very least he could have done is acknowledge what took place even if he chose not to condemn it.

I get where you're coming from but I don't agree with him being in shock. They were fined already this season for racist chanting during a Europa fixture and their stadium is consistently a madhouse. This behavior isn't particularly abnormal for them and even if it was nothing excuses him saying that he "didn't see it". The very least he could have done is acknowledge what took place even if he chose not to condemn it.

fair enough i didn't know they've been charged already this season. makes you wonder why UEFA continually lets them in the competition. ban them .

fair enough i didn't know they've been charged already this season. makes you wonder why UEFA continually lets them in the competition. ban them .

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11959/10956290/hajduk-split-fined-nearly-50000-over-trouble-and-racist-chants-at-europa-league-game

I'm not sure how UEFA discipline works in these matters but I would hope that they take into consideration past behavior. If so it seems likely that leg two will be played in an empty stadium which is a shame for our away fans (and their more reasonable supporters) but probably is better for us as a team.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11959/10956290/hajduk-split-fined-nearly-50000-over-trouble-and-racist-chants-at-europa-league-game

I'm not sure how UEFA discipline works in these matters but I would hope that they take into consideration past behavior. If so it seems likely that leg two will be played in an empty stadium which is a shame for our away fans (and their more reasonable supporters) but probably is better for us as a team.

Even if they get a stadium ban I bet you they'll have fans in there.

Even if they get a stadium ban I bet you they'll have fans in there.

Likely so but it would still be a much calmer away atmosphere and we wouldn't have to worry as much about large scale incidents distracting from the game. Reading a little bit more it seems they've been fined etc..many times over the last decade. At what point do you get suspended from European competitions. UEFA needs to incentive clubs to crack down themselves and the best way to do that is by costing them real money for not policing this sort of behavior.

Likely so but it would still be a much calmer away atmosphere and we wouldn't have to worry as much about large scale incidents distracting from the game. Reading a little bit more it seems they've been fined etc..many times over the last decade. At what point do you get suspended from European competitions. UEFA needs to incentive clubs to crack down themselves and the best way to do that is by costing them real money for not policing this sort of behavior.

You can feel sure that if it was British clubs who were consistently in trouble much harsher punishments would be a reality by now.

You can feel sure that if it was British clubs who were consistently in trouble much harsher punishments would be a reality by now.

And will any action taken against Hajduk apply to all Croatian teams? I think not. That was a special treatment handed out to the English after we'd played out possibly the most peaceful final in European history.

Call me bitter. Guilty, I still am (and make no apology for it).

And will any action taken against Hajduk apply to all Croatian teams? I think not. That was a special treatment handed out to the English after we'd played out possibly the most peaceful final in European history.

Bloody right you/we should be Mike! Fucked us right over that did.

One good thing though...stopped Wimbledon getting into Europe!!!

There is no apology.

I'm just pissed that you have reminded me about it.

The world missed out on what was one of the best teams for decades, not just us, Europe missed out.

Still makes me angry.