IGNORED

2018 World Cup

8 hours ago, Mirallas said:

Technically, if France win against Croatia tomorrow, it'd be fair to have a last game between Belgium and Croatia to determine who the real second place is 😏

Good point. 1 France. 2 Belgium. 3 Brazil. 4 Uruguay. 

Belgium in my opinion were unlucky and are the best team in the tournament. Still, often the best team fails to win. 

When the ref whistled that French free kick that lead to the first goal and whistled that penalty, which, for those who didn't see it, not a penalty, the ref has not just stolen the world cup victory from Croatia, but also stolen any honour with which the French could have won this tournament. Utter travesty and a dark day for football.

40 minutes ago, Mirallas said:

When the ref whistled that French free kick that lead to the first goal and whistled that penalty, which, for those who didn't see it, not a penalty, the ref has not just stolen the world cup victory from Croatia, but also stolen any honour with which the French could have won this tournament. Utter travesty and a dark day for football.

His hand is away from his body the ball strikes his hand the ball would have gone into the 6 yard box...clear pen. His body positioning was what caused the problem in the first place. 

Apart from the free kick (which in real time looked like a foul) I thought the referee favoured Croatia especially towards the last 20 minutes of the game. 

I also think that this has been one of the better world cups for refereeing just need to  stamp down on simulation.

2 hours ago, 12ubb3rduck3y said:

His hand is away from his body the ball strikes his hand the ball would have gone into the 6 yard box...clear pen. His body positioning was what caused the problem in the first place. 

Apart from the free kick (which in real time looked like a foul) I thought the referee favoured Croatia especially towards the last 20 minutes of the game. 

I also think that this has been one of the better world cups for refereeing just need to  stamp down on simulation.

One penalty decision we agree on 🤣

His arm was initially down then put it up towards the ball and impedes it going into a dangerous area it wasn't natural movement whatsoever 

The better team won at the end of the day  

Croatia bossed the midfield the entire game as was expected. The dive for the free kick was typical of France's tournament - a bunch of cheap little bastards, but they're good at doing it and unfortunately it's part of football. The penalty was a penalty, although it was always going to be controversial using VAR in the final to award one.

The other two goals were just well taken goals from a side playing against an open defense trying desperately to get back in the game. The difference the entire tournament was the strength of Varane and Umtiti. They were just far better than every other CB pairing. Not a cross went into the box that one of them didn't get a head on. They're the only two French players who, for me, should be able to hold their heads high, not having participated in any of the shady tactics that Mbappe, Griezmann, Hernandez, Matuidi and Pogba seemed so fond of.