IGNORED

2018 World Cup

I enjoyed Martinez in his first season and equally hated his others. I’ve never been more disinterested as a fan. He was fucking clueless. Don’t know why yamar always has a wank fest over him. Fuck me he was walked in with the golden ticket. Any half decent manager would get a tune out of Belgium 

1 minute ago, Finn balor said:

I enjoyed Martinez in his first season and equally hated his others. I’ve never been more disinterested as a fan. He was fucking clueless. Don’t know why yamar always has a wank fest over him. Fuck me he was walked in with the golden ticket. Any half decent manager would get a tune out of Belgium 

His management style probably fits international football a lot better than club football.

11 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

"Going out" doesn't matter it's contact clear as day penalty, tbh I'm glad it wasn't awarded anyway it's just deserts with having Neymar in their side 

So you’re happy for penalties to be awarded when there would be no chance for the player to score had a challenge not been made in the first place? 

The only way he was getting anything at all from that situation was a penalty kick it’s a tough one but I think it’s the right call in footballing terms. 

17 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I just appreciated him. Your slaggin me off coz your one of many who will have their tail between their legs when he lifts it 😂

1 hour ago, yamar said:

I just appreciated him. Your slaggin me off coz your one of many who will have their tail between their legs when he lifts it 😂

Tell me more about your appreciation. I’d be delighted to know how or what made u appreciate the mess he left us in. Was it the first season that you remember? I think  it was. Or let me guess was it the embarrassment of shipping goals left right and centre or the worst derby performance I’ve ever had the emabassment of watching? The guy is a fraud. If he lifts it, it’s because of the players. 🤭 u get that? PLAYERS! 

2 hours ago, 12ubb3rduck3y said:

So you’re happy for penalties to be awarded when there would be no chance for the player to score had a challenge not been made in the first place? 

The only way he was getting anything at all from that situation was a penalty kick it’s a tough one but I think it’s the right call in footballing terms. 

"So you would be happy" Couldn't give a fuck tbh it's a penalty in my opinion along with many others and there's been thousands of instance's in very similar situations were they are given you don't have to have the ball at your feet or be in a goal scoring position for it to be a penalty 

Not hard to grasp or see

https://mobile.twitter.com/GaryLineker/status/1015316381003321344/video/1

7 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Tell me more about your appreciation. I’d be delighted to know how or what made u appreciate the mess he left us in. Was it the first season that you remember? I think  it was. Or let me guess was it the embarrassment of shipping goals left right and centre or the worst derby performance I’ve ever had the emabassment of watching? The guy is a fraud. If he lifts it, it’s because of the players. 🤭 u get that? PLAYERS! 

As someone who vividly remembers Wilmots, I disagree it's all about the players.  Martinez changed the Japan game with two influential subs.  Against Brazil he set up Belgium in a way they haven't played before and it worked great.

I wanted him gone at Everton at the end because whatever he tried to do didn't work anymore, but he's not a bad manager.

The reason he was sacked was because he had no balls to stand up to our fans. When they demanded the ball be played up to romelu quicker, and he gave in on his philosophy and done as fans wanted, he. Lost everything at that point.

To all those peeps who said no penalty because the ball was out of play.

Let me get this right, if a player is waiting to take a corner or throw in, the centre half headbutts a player smashing his nose and taking a few teeth out, that's ok because the ball was out of play. !!   Is that what I'm getting from that statement. ??

4 hours ago, holystove said:

As someone who vividly remembers Wilmots, I disagree it's all about the players.  Martinez changed the Japan game with two influential subs.  Against Brazil he set up Belgium in a way they haven't played before and it worked great.

I wanted him gone at Everton at the end because whatever he tried to do didn't work anymore, but he's not a bad manager.

His outdated physio degree cost him the job. Wanted the players to play like barca with the fitness levels of a pub side. Everything was too slow and he done nothing about it, he was too stubborn to listen to new ideas or try and adapt his catalan roots to the English style. 

Bad manager more like mad manager constantly doing the same thing and expecting a different result..

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

His outdated physio degree cost him the job. Wanted the players to play like barca with the fitness levels of a pub side. Everything was too slow and he done nothing about it, he was too stubborn to listen to new ideas or try and adapt his catalan roots to the English style. 

Bad manager more like mad manager constantly doing the same thing and expecting a different result..

agreed, also the "workout on your own terms" led to no one putting in time in the weight rooms.  baines and barkley admitted so after he left.  the fitness was atrocious and the injuries were pulling up (looking at you mccarthy)

A. You both realise we had a team of medical staff and also fitness coaches. Martinez wasnt the head physio or head fitness coach. We also scored a lot of goals late in games which is usually a couter argument to a lack of fitness.

B. The notion that you cant trust professional footballers to actual look after and control their fitness during the season shows how unprofessional they are. I love working under managers that trust me to do my job and dont interfere but obviously our "profressionals" are anything but professional if what you have said is true. 

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

A. You both realise we had a team of medical staff and also fitness coaches. Martinez wasnt the head physio or head fitness coach. We also scored a lot of goals late in games which is usually a couter argument to a lack of fitness.

B. The notion that you cant trust professional footballers to actual look after and control their fitness during the season shows how unprofessional they are. I love working under managers that trust me to do my job and dont interfere but obviously our "profressionals" are anything but professional if what you have said is true. 

you realize we had a physio and fitness coach quit over martinez overruling their decsions right?  that's for A.  for B only a unyielding optimist would believe a millionaire 21 year old who is trying to get laid at the clubs every other night would be "hitting the weights" extra time.  this is what koeman got right, it's mandatory and always should be.  if you want to put in extra time to try and make that next step, sure that's on you, ala Ronaldo, but the basics of fitness, conditioning, weights, etc. should all be mandatory.

I really don't rate Croatia tbh I thought they would be much more of a force but they don't seem to play very cohesively 

Handful of very good players but seem to be easily thrown out of any rhythm when on the back foot, I think we'll really trouble them with our pace 

12 hours ago, Bill said:

To all those peeps who said no penalty because the ball was out of play.

Let me get this right, if a player is waiting to take a corner or throw in, the centre half headbutts a player smashing his nose and taking a few teeth out, that's ok because the ball was out of play. !!   Is that what I'm getting from that statement. ??

Umm that would be a red card and the throw in would be taken? Or are you trolling?