IGNORED

2018 World Cup

49 minutes ago, nogs said:

Argentina and Germany suffering from playing the same old 'big names' past their sell by date. 

Low did the same with Podolski, Schweinsteiger, Mertesacker… Not sure whether Germany actually have that much world class talent coming through though. Obviously they needed to take Sané, but apart from him? 

25 minutes ago, Steve_E said:

Low did the same with Podolski, Schweinsteiger, Mertesacker… Not sure whether Germany actually have that much world class talent coming through though. Obviously they needed to take Sané, but apart from him? 

That Brandt lad looked class every time he came on, only used as a sub. Not playing Gundog an instead of Khedira or Ozil was a mistake too. 

Where they looked really weak was up front, Werner looked terrible and I can't believe Gomez is still playing. 

Just posted a comment on Gana thread re his standing still on the post as a Colombia header passed between Gana and Senegal goalie. Anybody see that?  Am I wrong in thinking Gana sort of froze, made no attempt to stop the goal?  It happened fast, of course, but Gana just looked bad.  Help.

2 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Just posted a comment on Gana thread re his standing still on the post as a Colombia header passed between Gana and Senegal goalie. Anybody see that?  Am I wrong in thinking Gana sort of froze, made no attempt to stop the goal?  It happened fast, of course, but Gana just looked bad.  Help.

Did happen quite fast.  It looked like the goalie was closer to it than Gana so potentially could have gotten in his way?  But yeah, did not move a muscle.  Should have been at least on his toes even if he didn't move.  His body language certainly makes it look worse than it was.

The real issue was the substitution.  Their defense of the corner was not set up well. One moment with lack of concentration and they are on a plane home.

1 hour ago, tonkaroost said:

Mbappe really looks like the next player to win the Balon D'or. 

Neymar is good, but he's trying so hard to be the best that he's not. I actually think Coutinho is better. 

He reminds me of the 17 year old Wayne Rooney.  That direct mindset - fearless attitude... quicker but not as strong but eerily calm finisher. 

21 minutes ago, hafnia said:

He reminds me of the 17 year old Wayne Rooney.  That direct mindset - fearless attitude... quicker but not as strong but eerily calm finisher. 

He has so much confidence. I thought he was over-hyped at first, but everytime I watch him play I become more impressed. He's already one of the top players in the world. 

Has anyone else noticed?

1.  How many shots at goal go miles over the bar and into row Z.

2.  How many crosses hit the first defender.

On number 2.  The wide player has a defender stood a yard away and seems to think that, by magic, the ball will go through him and ends up as the only person in the stadium who is surprised when it doesn't.

14 hours ago, johnh said:

Has anyone else noticed?

1.  How many shots at goal go miles over the bar and into row Z.

2.  How many crosses hit the first defender.

On number 2.  The wide player has a defender stood a yard away and seems to think that, by magic, the ball will go through him and ends up as the only person in the stadium who is surprised when it doesn't.

On number 2 it’s very basic yet as you said constantly happens, but when across hits the right areas look at the damage it causes, you’d like to think they’d take that onboard.