IGNORED

2018 World Cup

For me the question of who's the better player Ronaldo or Messi is done Ronaldo is proving hands down its him.

Today Messi wasn't in the game he should have been taken off and not Aguero, and why the fuck Messi is captain is a complete farce he never opens his mouth all game how can that be right.

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

For me the question of who's the better player Ronaldo or Messi is done Ronaldo is proving hands down its him.

Today Messi wasn't in the game he should have been taken off and not Aguero, and why the fuck Messi is captain is a complete farce he never opens his mouth all game how can that be right.

None of the attacking players got into it at all. Dybala barely had a kick when he came on, Aguero maybe had 1 shot, I cant even remember who the others were they were that anonymous. 

Sampaoli got it so wrong and its more than likely because of Messi. Playing against two of the best central midfielders in the world with a holding midfield behind, he played Messi as an AMC with an aging DM and Perez who I dont know a lot about. He also played a right back at centre back against a big, strong and experienced centre half. 

They almost got away with it, they had their chances but they just looked like they were creaking all game and it was that calamity from Cabellero that set it all in motion. 

Its sad to say but they will be a better team when Messi retires and they can find more consistent ways of feeding their world class striker.

15 hours ago, Palfy said:

I think it's evident that Messi has become spoilt by the platform he enjoys at barca. He has never had to lead or cajole his team mates.  He is a pure natural footballer in the mould of maradona but not as good. I've always insisted that.

He is a better player than Ronaldo. Ronaldo has squeezed every last drop out of his talent.  Messi is like Ronnie osullivan.... Ronaldo like Hendry.  That's the best way I can describe it. 

6 hours ago, Bailey said:

They have a decent team when they are all fit. Its a surprise they havent gone further in in previous competitions.

Finished third in their first ever appearance in 1998 in France in (with Bilic playing); even went ahead in their semi v France but lost 2-1. Was a great story at the time.

Definite dark horses this time for me. 

On 22/06/2018 at 07:43, Sir McGiven said:

When you compare their individual/club based achievements, it is similar. When you compare their national achievements, Ronaldo is better than him

You're being a prisoner of the moment....

Messi dragged Argentina to the finals last world cup, if Higuin didn't bottle it like usual....

Portugual won the Euros with Ronaldo off after ten minutes.

7 minutes ago, Westlo said:

You're being a prisoner of the moment....

Messi dragged Argentina to the finals last world cup, if Higuin didn't bottle it like usual....

Portugual won the Euros with Ronaldo off after ten minutes.

I don't think Messi was the one who dragged Argentina to the finals in the last WC. They were playing really defensively. Yes, he scored in the group stage and did what he supposed to the against Iran, Bosnia and Nigeria. I mean, c'mon... Let's check more serious oppositions: Switzerland? Belgium? The Netherlands? Germany?

Let's admit, he is not as good as he is at Barcelona for Argentina. Reasons for it arguably but the fact is the outcome.

Also, I am not a prisoner or something. As I mentioned before, I would go for Mbappe kind of player than any of them. So I am not a Ronaldo or Messi fan.

13 minutes ago, Sir McGiven said:

I don't think Messi was the one who dragged Argentina to the finals in the last WC. They were playing really defensively. Yes, he scored in the group stage and did what he supposed to the against Iran, Bosnia and Nigeria. I mean, c'mon... Let's check more serious oppositions: Switzerland? Belgium? The Netherlands? Germany?

He got the assist for the winning goal against Switerland... also won the Golden Ball

17 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Can you tell from their style of play who is managing Belgium?

Yes. And Martinez' weaknesses showed in the first half of the last game. He either coaches the most entertaining sides or the most boring sides.

Still like him though. 

If I was a Belgian fan watching this I would be a little furious. They are streets above Tunisia and they are set up to score goals so fair play they are doing that but this midfield and wing back situation is a mess. When they play England Lingard / Alli / Loftus Cheek are going to make runs in behind De Bruyne time and time again and they are going to find acres of space. I am a huge De Bruyne fan but he is playing like an unhappy toddler in this game at times. He has missed some easy passes which should have led to goals but his discipline in midfield is shocking. Chasing the play leaving Witsel all alone with a back 3 who are stretched because of the indiscipline of the wing backs. What makes this worse is that he just slowly jogs back like he is the striker despite being a key player in a 2 man central midfield. As they go further in the competition, he will effectively be playing against 3 men on his own.  I have no idea where Mehrtens is meant to be playing either. These full backs play and defend like wingers as well, they are a team begging to be counter attacked and as soon as they come up against a ruthless counter attacking team they will concede a few. They might also score a few in return but if I was a manager of one of the better teams at the tournament, I wouldn't be scared to play them.