IGNORED

2018 World Cup

15 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Stooooooopid idea!

I've never liked the tournaments being split over 2 Countries...but 3?! Money grabbing at its finest. Fans get the short straw with all the travelling.

And what about the big Mexican wall. A big waaaaall. Huge waaaaall.

its' meant to show solidarity in the face of our idiot president.  2030 will see an Uruguay/Argentina bid, Spain/Portugal have made bids.  Not such a strange thing mate.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

its' meant to show solidarity in the face of our idiot president.  2030 will see an Uruguay/Argentina bid, Spain/Portugal have made bids.  Not such a strange thing mate.

Looking forward to how Argentina and Spain respond to a a joint England/Falkland/Gibraltar bid for for 2030.

24 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Glad to see Uruguay win, hell of a game with the Iberian sides going at it.  Ronaldo what can you say.  That free kick was as good as they come.  Kudos to him for adapting his game as he gets older to keep playing.  Wish rooney could do that.

As good as that FK was, the screamer Nacho hit was filthy, holy shit. Instant Classic.

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Glad to see Uruguay win, hell of a game with the Iberian sides going at it.  Ronaldo what can you say.  That free kick was as good as they come.  Kudos to him for adapting his game as he gets older to keep playing.  Wish rooney could do that.

4 hours ago, Ghoat said:

As good as that FK was, the screamer Nacho hit was filthy, holy shit. Instant Classic.

So it is easy to say, WC officially started with that game's kick-off.

Ronaldo is a beast. An egomaniac maybe, arrogant, bla bla... He can be anything but he is also good. He is always adapted, hungry to succeed. 33 years old and carrying the whole Portuguese side.

I think Pogba was just trying to nick it past the defender and it was the momentum of the defender trying to clear the ball that turned it goalwards.

France looked like a team who don't know what they want to do. They were lucky today and if they play like that against a decent side they will get turned over.

4 minutes ago, Sir McGiven said:

Messi again, going to be a huge disappointment. Of course, it can not be considered after 1 game but this is why I've always thought Ronaldo is better.

Also, I just don't understand why Dybala is not on the pitch? Maximiliano Meza is there but not Dybala? Interesting choice...

Higuain on the bench too.  Sampaoli has said dybala and Messi doesn’t work, it’s one or the other.

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

Higuain on the bench too.  Sampaoli has said dybala and Messi doesn’t work, it’s one or the other.

Hmm, didn't know that but it sounds more ridiculous to me :) Anyway, I don't like Argentina. They always have talented players + 1 or 2 superstars but no team spirit.

Still think Messi is better than Ronaldo. No one steps up for Argentina but Messi. That was Aguero's first goal in a World Cup, and he didn't score in any of the qualifiers. 

Portugal can win without Ronaldo, as proven by the last Euro. Argentina would lose without Messi. 

I always feel bad for him, because his own country barely supports him because of that low-life Maradona. No one has more pressure in a national team setup than Messi.