IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Rumours of it, but there's no fixed date so far as I've read. I can't see the designs changing dramatically in a couple of months, so would make sense that they bring forward the release to try and boost the mood before the end of the season / beginning of the TW 

It’s not rumours, it’s mentioned in the results of the survey. 

On 12/02/2019 at 21:53, Matt said:

I have a feeling that we’ll see early drafts once the transfer window opens, either as an incentive for new signings, reassurance after this season or a distraction to a quiet transfer window...

Your prediction came true if not a little earlier! 

After looking through I’m quite happy. Didn’t expect a fully world class from head to toe like Spurs have gone for. It looks a good size, looking at the other stadium comparisons it’s good how close all of the fans will be to the pitch. The one thing I hate about modern stadiums where the tiers don’t overlap is the distance half of the fans are from the pitch, no one wants to be sat miles away. 

Im sure we will see more nice little touches when a full plan is revealed that make it more about the heritage of the site and the history of the club. 

Not a bad first look. Wouldn’t be surprised if the club made the leak happen to get us talking about something other than the results. 

52,000.... if the club deliver the level of football and ambitions we want and they say they are aiming for the 52k will be too small.  

Our club whilst being a big club with a good attendance is one of the true sleeping giants.  Loads of Evertonians arent match goers - fans who live outside of the 30 minute travel time will start going when the ability to drive, park and watch without restricted views becomes available. 

15 minutes ago, hafnia said:

52,000.... if the club deliver the level of football and ambitions we want and they say they are aiming for the 52k will be too small.  

Our club whilst being a big club with a good attendance is one of the true sleeping giants.  Loads of Evertonians arent match goers - fans who live outside of the 30 minute travel time will start going when the ability to drive, park and watch without restricted views becomes available. 

I agree - I don’t want it rediculously oversized but min 55k to 60k would be my preferred size. 

I reiterate: income from a few thousand regular seats is pretty much a non-issue. Revenue is about 200 million, a million extra per year isn'tt going to make the club more competitive. And there are risks involved, such as if there are always empty spaces, people buy less season tickets. And of course it costs quite a lot extra.

And once standing is allowed again, there is scope for an extra 10k seats.

41 minutes ago, Makis said:

I reiterate: income from a few thousand regular seats is pretty much a non-issue. Revenue is about 200 million, a million extra per year isn'ttt going to make the club more competitive. And there are risks involved, such as if there are always empty spaces, people buy less season tickets. And of course it costs quite a lot extra.

And once standing is allowed again, there is scope for an extra 10k seats.

Couldn’t agree more in relation to revenue. However size of stadium is more than that! My opinion (& it’s only that) is that we can fill a bigger stadium and if we gain success then it’ll definitely be filled. Aim high. 

I’d like bigger, but I can live with 52k. If legislation allows standing and they could get to maybe 57k with standing I would be happier. 

My only worry if it’s bigger is from seeing Middlesbrough and Sunderland with big stadiums that were half empty after the initial boom died down (before the relegations). Even City, they are winning league titles and are based in a city that is absolutely booming and they don’t fill it. 

I’m not so sure we would fill anything as much as 60k on a very regular basis, unless we were competing for the league. Maybe if they made season tickets £250 we would.  

The whole move is a vanity project anyway, it’s expensive and it won’t make the slightest difference to the money available to spend on the squad (unless we have less to spend for a while).

2 hours ago, barryj said:

Couldn’t agree more in relation to revenue. However size of stadium is more than that! My opinion (& it’s only that) is that we can fill a bigger stadium and if we gain success then it’ll definitely be filled. Aim high. 

I rather not risk building a stadium too big just for the bragging rights. It could be a millstone for the next 40 years.

5 hours ago, StevO said:

Looking at the stadium comparisons I'd like us to extend a bit to match the new Stamford bridge would squeeze in those extra couple of thousand seats. 

Can't fully tell from the prints but looks like it'll be quiet modern looking. Would have preferred a stadium with the old red brick in a similar design to the one he's already done with the viewing window into the stadium.