IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

So we’re limiting ourselves to 62K. I think that’s small time. 

I’m dreading seeing the design of the thing. 

Based on today’s construction methods. This site has expanded and exsisted for centuries, despite space restraints, because of technology. Which will improve. Plus, what happens if it’s designed with the future vision of standing seating again? 

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

the only 2 bigger are old trafford and wembley, how in the hell is that small time?

We’ll never actually expand. Dreaming if you think we will. 

West Ham will eventually have more than that as they receive permission to up the seats used. Tottenham’s new one will when it opens. Arsenal will probably up their capacity to keep up with Spurs. City will end up going well past that. The shite as well more than likely. 

I just feel we’re hokding ourselves back unnecessarily. 

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

We’ll never actually expand. Dreaming if you think we will. 

West Ham will eventually have more than that as they receive permission to up the seats used. Tottenham’s new one will when it opens. Arsenal will probably up their capacity to keep up with Spurs. City will end up going well past that. The shite as well more than likely. 

I just feel we’re hokding ourselves back unnecessarily. 

gotcha, ok well i see that as a valid point given the letdowns of previous everton regimes.

20 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’m not worried about it not happening. I feel very confident we’ll move there. 

I was confident before I went and had a look the other week, the scale of the site and the work needed is astronomical. Of course these things can be done and the Albert Dock and Echo arena attest to the fact, just that my brain can't take in the logistics of a project that size.

Mind you I'm blown away by the design of the new IKEA in Exeter; who invents these places where once you're in it's impossible to find your way out without (your wife) spending minimally £200? Some clever people around!

The docks are magnificent, I'd have loved to have seen them 150 years ago.

Think it will be an iconic stadium and in a way, we're lucky to have seen others make mistakes (West Ham) so we can ensure that the new design isn'tt a total atrocity. 

I think a jump from 39.2k straight to 60 would've been a bit ambitious - remember, the club is taking a financial risk by doing this and we don't want to be burdened with an oversized stadium we can't fill up and need the city of Liverpool to bail us out. Also, the marginal revenue from those last 10K seats are less than the previous 10k before it and they are likely to be "worse" seats. I probably would've preferred slightly large but it's nice to know we can expand if need be. I'm now itching to see some renderings!

I'm in agreement with Mark, its so much easier to build bigger at the outset than to spoil the look of a newly designed stadium by adding any extension at a later date. It should have been 60 from the start.

I also think we are limiting ourselves to 52 thou, i can't see them increasing it.

60,000 should be the minimum from the start.

Without 60K capacity;

You will not be considered a world class stadium.

You will not be considered for UEFA or FIFA finals

You will not be considered for World Cup knockout rounds

Everton has long lacked the global footprint of the PL top clubs. I am still not seeing this problem been solved under our new leadership, and the stadium capacity would indicate they aren’t counting on many international supporters or fans of the game filling the stadium each game.

My ideal scenario would be 55k with the option to go to 65k so I think they are spot on really

It would be far too risky trying to dive straight in at 60k, if we couldn’t fill it what then?

At least this way we have a plan B, and if the demand is there we exercise the option to extend 

We are also have the possibility of going for safe standing should the law change, and I honestly think it will, so that would surely take the potential capacity beyond the 62k mark

8 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

My ideal scenario would be 55k with the option to go to 65k so I think they are spot on really

It would be far too risky trying to dive straight in at 60k, if we couldn’t fill it what then?

At least this way we have a plan B, and if the demand is there we exercise the option to extend 

We are also have the possibility of going for safe standing should the law change, and I honestly think it will, so that would surely take the potential capacity beyond the 62k mark

I think on the safe standing it will be s case of one for one, so the capacity wouldn’t increase. That’s how they are pushing it as being safe, you still have the same amount of room as if you were seated. 

10 hours ago, StevO said:

I think on the safe standing it will be s case of one for one, so the capacity wouldn’t increase. That’s how they are pushing it as being safe, you still have the same amount of room as if you were seated. 

That’s how it works for rail seating but there are other ways of implementing it

http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/standing/what-does-standing-look-like/

This still isn’t confirmed, it’s out for consultation. I for one will be saying that it should be 55k minimum. I know 3k doesn’t seem much but I want to be just pushing the boundaries rather than playing really safe. We already have 8 out of 10 tickets sold before every game which is record sales. There’s a season ticket waiting list and a number of people not going because only restricted view seats are left. Add to that the ‘new stadium’ effect in an iconic location and I’d be confident we’d fill 55k every week. I was surprised that West Ham had 56,811 against Cardiff on a Tuesday night! Loads of people including West Ham fans never expected that sort of attendance. Come on Everton let’s aim high! 

Just because fans are on the waiting list doesn’t mean they will but a season ticket.  Money might have dried up. Lost a job, etc. the article says they only expect to convert a percentage of that. Which means others who have done this had similar results.

im not sure how much a season ticket is, but are there 55k jobs that afford that type of salary to afford thAt?  

7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Just because fans are on the waiting list doesn’t mean they will but a season ticket.  Money might have dried up. Lost a job, etc. the article says they only expect to convert a percentage of that. Which means others who have done this had similar results.

im not sure how much a season ticket is, but are there 55k jobs that afford that type of salary to afford thAt?  

West Ham have 52,000 season ticket holders. 

I don’t agree with you as there are so many restricted view seats at the old lady you wouldn’t want to be in every week. 

8 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

I agree, Denise BB said there were 10,000 people on the waiting list (there is actually four waiting lists, all designed to milk some money out of you while you wait) but I doubt they would all take up the offer if 10,000 were available tomorrow. Maybe get 8,000 of them in immediately. I do think this would rise with a new stadium though, I think we would see 40,000 season tickets sold no problem. You also can’t sell all of your capacity to season tickets under premier league rules I believe. 

My season ticket is about £550 I think, we are one of the cheapest. Around $700 I think Mark. 

1 hour ago, barryj said:

West Ham have 52,000 season ticket holders. 

I don’t agree with you as there are so many restricted view seats at the old lady you wouldn’t want to be in every week. 

I don’t think it’s a good idea comparing us to West Ham, any club in London in the premier league will have an advantage being such a populated area. Yes we are the bigger club but we don’t have that metropolis on our doorstep. 

On 20/12/2018 at 14:34, MikeO said:

I was confident before I went and had a look the other week, the scale of the site and the work needed is astronomical. Of course these things can be done and the Albert Dock and Echo arena attest to the fact, just that my brain can't take in the logistics of a project that size.

Mind you I'm blown away by the design of the new IKEA in Exeter; who invents these places where once you're in it's impossible to find your way out without (your wife) spending minimally £200? Some clever people around!

The docks are magnificent, I'd have loved to have seen them 150 years ago.

https://thereisnews.com/man-arrested-for-put-fake-arrow-decals-on-the-floor-of-walmart-and-create-a-labyrinth-with-no-exit9999/

7 hours ago, StevO said:

I don’t think it’s a good idea comparing us to West Ham, any club in London in the premier league will have an advantage being such a populated area. Yes we are the bigger club but we don’t have that metropolis on our doorstep. 

I understand your point but there are 3 bigger clubs and a number of other prem clubs in London to directly compete with. As a southern Everton fan I just think we’d be underselling ourselves going for 52k. I know loads of people that dont travel up regularly as they can’t get a ticket or one with a half decent view. I never want a half full stadium but I also don’t want fans locked out who want to see their team play which is happening at the moment. Obviously it’s only my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, barryj said:

I understand your point but there are 3 bigger clubs and a number of other prem clubs in London to directly compete with. As a southern Everton fan I just think we’d be underselling ourselves going for 52k. I know loads of people that dont travel up regularly as they can’t get a ticket or one with a half decent view. I never want a half full stadium but I also don’t want fans locked out who want to see their team play which is happening at the moment. Obviously it’s only my opinion. 

Isn’t the the point though ? We start to 52k and if we can fill that and the demand is there for more we extend 

Best of both worlds for me

2 hours ago, barryj said:

Also worth bearing in mind it’s only in the last couple of years we’ve been selling out every game and this is the first time we’ve had a waiting list. 

Dont get me wrong, I’d like a huge stadium, but I understand the reasoning behind the current idea. 

3 hours ago, Bill said:

West Ham given the go ahead to allow 60 thou into the ground.

As Barryj just. said, we are selling ourselves short, when West Ham play at home there are about four other London Clubs also playing at home who are not so far away.

It’s the largest city in the world bill.  Mersey side is like the 5607th largest. Massive difference.