IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

8 hours ago, Billinge Blue said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/business/metro-mayor-gives-update-evertons-15291899

Transport links will be included in the planning application.

“But what we will do is ensure that we do have public transport links because getting 20 or 30,000 people out of the football stadium along arterial routes that are already congested is about urban planning."

Lets hope we have more than 20-30k people coming out of it! 

20 hours ago, Billinge Blue said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/business/metro-mayor-gives-update-evertons-15291899

Transport links will be included in the planning application.

That was always going to be the case considering the regeneration project, but nice to hear it. Will be a tough couple of years between the stadium being used and the finalised transport project though, I expect a lot of moaning :lol:  

As for the 20-30k... I'm wondering if they're expecting half the capacity will walk to the centre, and this is only concentrating on bus/car traffic? Otherwise I really don't understand that number.

35 minutes ago, Matt said:

If the ferry route was more viable from the Wirral, that'd be a great boost for Mersey Ferries, which has a special place in my heart. When I was 5/6 years old, my granddad (a merchant navy man) took me, as he often did, on the ferry over to Liverpool. That day, he recognized the captain as one of his old officers, and we got invited up the ladder into cockpit and I was allowed, under a watchful eye, to sail the ferry across the Mersey. I might only have been young, but that memory has always remained with me, as bittersweet as it is. 

Geez. Jammy beggar. The best I ever got was two used tickets from the conductor of our local brass band (in which I played the cornet) so my dad could cross the Tamar bridge to England and back for free. (The guy worked in the toll booths on the bridge.) Obviously, I didn't have the type of contacts your family had!

24 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Geez. Jammy beggar. The best I ever got was two used tickets from the conductor of our local brass band (in which I played the cornet) so my dad could cross the Tamar bridge to England and back for free. (The guy worked in the toll booths on the bridge.) Obviously, I didn't have the type of contacts your family had!

My granddad talked to everyone, was one of the mildest and friendliest people to have lived, so he had plenty of contacts (City Pets in the centre was another place we went to often, he knew the owner well somehow).

He was and is still my hero, even after nearly 20 years since he died (by the roses he decided to plant at the local train station. He thought the place needed a bit of colour so he planted them after a week of bringing over the "good soil" from his garden in carrier bags). 

I know he'd be so happy to see the plans to revitalize the area where he worked so long, so they better do a good job for him and everyone else :D 

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

The ferry is dear as fuck now. It’s all for tourists. I used to get it to go work. A ferry service will definitely happen to the ground 

Supply and demand mate. If there’s a match day special or something similar it’ll rake in cash and would, hopefully, bring prices for other days down

5 hours ago, Matt said:

As for the 20-30k... I'm wondering if they're expecting half the capacity will walk to the centre, and this is only concentrating on bus/car traffic? Otherwise I really don't understand that number.

I read it as that number getting out just on roads given the current infrastructure would be a nightmare (probably nearly as bad as getting out of Vernon Sangster car park is now).