IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

to be fair if we had the capacity we could possibly have a larger crowd than Liverpool fc  we used to in the old days before all seater stadia.  we could also have smaller crowds than Tranmere too hmmmm  better to have seats and not use them than to need them and not have them is my philosophy. 

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

we are nowhere close to spurs we are miles away.  they are in CL every year now and have players on the english national team, we have neither.  they have london, we have liverpool, they have massive commercial revenue, we don't.  we are pretty much the opposite of spurs, and i don't say this as a downer just being real.  i'd say we need to work on those first, i've always thought renovating goodison and extending a stand or something (i don't know the technical stuff) to increase capacity would be more prudent while the other stuff is sorted out.  

in this modern era will the stadium really exist for 100 years?  i highly doubt that.  granted it's not america where a 10 year old stadium is brought down, but i don't think it will be close to 100, probably not even 50 years, 30-40 tops i'd estimate.

lastly, could it also be possible it's 52-55k with the ability to have additions built to make it the 60-65k some want?  i doubt Moshiri is gonna build it without the ability to further extend capacity.

Mark, on your last point, I don't think this is on.  John Burns will tell you that we would have to extend out into the Mersey.  We would have to stop play while the Birkenhead ferry went past.

we are nowhere close to spurs we are miles away.  they are in CL every year now and have players on the english national team, we have neither.  they have london, we have liverpool, they have massive commercial revenue, we don't.  we are pretty much the opposite of spurs, and i don't say this as a downer just being real.  i'd say we need to work on those first, i've always thought renovating goodison and extending a stand or something (i don't know the technical stuff) to increase capacity would be more prudent while the other stuff is sorted out.  

in this modern era will the stadium really exist for 100 years?  i highly doubt that.  granted it's not america where a 10 year old stadium is brought down, but i don't think it will be close to 100, probably not even 50 years, 30-40 tops i'd estimate.

lastly, could it also be possible it's 52-55k with the ability to have additions built to make it the 60-65k some want?  i doubt Moshiri is gonna build it without the ability to further extend capacity.

We have Pickford in the national team, and a large chunk of the u23s World Cup winning team. But I agree with the rest. 55k with possibility to expand later down the road is fine in my eyes. I’d rather have a packed stadium of 55k people that 10k seats being empty if we went for 60k+

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

We have Pickford in the national team, and a large chunk of the u23s World Cup winning team. But I agree with the rest. 55k with possibility to expand later down the road is fine in my eyes. I’d rather have a packed stadium of 55k people that 10k seats being empty if we went for 60k+

yes sorry forgot about pickford.  i agreed with the underlined

3 hours ago, Matt said:

If we build a 55k stadium that’s how it’ll stay for the duration imo. 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

My thoughts exactly. 

Spurs have only been at this level for maybe the last four or five years. We need to plan for the future. 

From the pictures Meis let our already, the opposite end to the home end looks like it could be extended if need be. With it only having the single tier, and the same roof line as the rest of the stadium. Obviously that would mean securing part of the sewage works down the line but it could be in the plans if it was needed. Just a thought anyway. 

I can live with 55,000 though, as long as it feels special inside. 

5 hours ago, Matt said:

We sell out 40,000 with half tm obstructed views. We are the main team on Merseyside for locals who attend. We should be aiming higher! 

I  went to schools with predominantly Liverpool fans yet the amount of fans who attended out numbered the shite by at least double. We should be aiming higher than a Irish/Norwegian weekend club. We should also be making sure the facilities are top notch anagram pouching clients from Liverpool just as city did united. 

33 minutes ago, pete0 said:

We sell out 40,000 with half tm obstructed views. We are the main team on Merseyside for locals who attend. We should be aiming higher! 

I  went to schools with predominantly Liverpool fans yet the amount of fans who attended out numbered the shite by at least double. We should be aiming higher than a Irish/Norwegian weekend club. We should also be making sure the facilities are top notch anagram pouching clients from Liverpool just as city did united. 

Ideally but unrealistically I would like a 70,000 seater but more realistically I think a 60,000.   As  anything less would sadly be underselling our glorious historical  club.  (IMO)

9 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

gate receipts don't count for much finance wise.  the big money is from european football, finishing high in the standings, and commerical revenue.  concentrating on doing better in the league, getting europe and doing better there, will in turn bring bigger exposure and commerical deals which in turn brings the rest.

it all comes down to how we play on the pitch, that's the most important, the rest comes with it.  at least that's how i see it.

Just to re-emphasize the point... Spurs received about 18m pounds more than Everton in TV/merit money last season. Assuming the average season ticket price is 330 pounds (taken from the Everton website), it would take an additional 54K season tickets to match that difference in TV/merit income. Put another way, selling out a 55K-seater stadium every week would barely pay the salaries of a championship, even a League 1, squad.

Let's focus on performance and not on how big is the stadium. Indeed, I'd rather keep costs down by balancing supply and demand. The current capacity is under 40K, so 55K seats would represent an increase in capacity of over 38%. That would take some doing, so let's not wish for an even greater increase. There's nothing worse than empty seats.

18 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

If we build a 55k stadium that’s how it’ll stay for the duration imo. 

I don’t think that’d be the case. Everything nowadays is all about future proofing, and I’m sure Meis will be looking at that. 

16 hours ago, pete0 said:

Adding an extra 25-30% seating than we already have (55k) is already a massive increase. Having more risks having empty seats, and even esthetics which will be important. 

2 minutes ago, StevO said:

I used to work a few hundred yards down the road, some days I would go out to the car park and it would stink. Not sure it was all from the sewage works though, a lot goes on down there and the river can stink too. 

Hanging Magic Trees all around the stadium will sort it out.

It's not a problem.

Can rotate the scents too...New Car to Green Apple to Forrest Fresh.

Lovely.

26 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Hanging Magic Trees all around the stadium will sort it out.

It's not a problem.

Can rotate the scents too...New Car to Green Apple to Forrest Fresh.

Lovely.

i've never been but in most american stadiums the smell of the food they are cooking up on the grills and such usually is what you smell from mile away and as you get close.  maybe sack the pies and grill up some meats 

16 minutes ago, rubecula said:

a bag of chips with mushy peas will do for me thank you.  :lol:  next thing you know  the people in the upper stands will be getting shot by burger bazookas

you guys eat the wierdest shit at stadiums.  peas?   FFS what next a roast and some beef wellington.  its a sporting event, food has to all be able to be eaten with your hands in my opinion, cause the other hand has a beer.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

you guys eat the wierdest shit at stadiums.  peas?   FFS what next a roast and some beef wellington.  its a sporting event, food has to all be able to be eaten with your hands in my opinion, cause the other hand has a beer.

Digressing slightly.  I remember going into Leeds market and getting  pork pie and mushy peas.  Served on a saucer, the pies were hot and the mushy peas had mint sauce on - heaven on a cold day.

Phwoar! You're onto something there you filth chatting sexy bastard.

Sunday Roast at half time. That's all.