IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

Guest John Burns
1 hour ago, Quinn31 said:

It would be massive commercial revenues rather than matchday revenues that would really allow us to catch up.

Matchday revenues matter. When designing a new stadium it must be designed for maximum revenue take. 

8 hours ago, MikeO said:

The only other times I think I've seen Shakespeare quoted on here is when people talk about "the dogs of war" but probably a lot don't realise that's where the phrase originates (Julius Caesar Act 3, Scene 1).

I love Shakespeare, for me he is one of the greatest writers of all time because he writes about people, and the things that motivate them, love, hate, fear, honour, jealousy, greed, etc which are as relevant today as they were when he wrote them. Also his dialogue, is brilliant and his plots, for the most part better than most of the stuff coming out of Hollywood.

12 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I love Shakespeare, for me he is one of the greatest writers of all time because he writes about people, and the things that motivate them, love, hate, fear, honour, jealousy, greed, etc which are as relevant today as they were when he wrote them. Also his dialogue, is brilliant and his plots, for the most part better than most of the stuff coming out of Hollywood.

Cry havoc and let slip the budgies of war does not have quite the same ring to it does it?

20 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I love Shakespeare

Me also, strangely enough I'm going through the new incarnation of Dr Who from Christopher Ecclestone days and just yesterday watched the episode which featured The Bard.

Henry IV Pt1 is my personal favourite, but I saw the late Robert Stephens playing Lear at Stratford many years ago and was stunned by the intensity of it!

Wouldn't have worked in a stadium though (deftly bringing it back on topic:P).

7 hours ago, John Burns said:

The project has stalled, most can see it has. It is obvious. No planning applied for, no design released after many months, no land or lease purchased - not owning the land is giving concern. Why the stall?

The dock cannot provide a stadium large enough with large enough revenues for a club wanting to be a permanent member of the top 4, amongst other points.

This has already been pointed out to you. It is quite simple. 

Keep up the Shakespeare fellas, I am a fan. 

How much space do we need for such a stadium and how much does the dock fall short by?

26 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

How much space do we need for such a stadium and how much does the dock fall short by?

2ft 6in lengthwise and 44mm widththwise. Also we're going to be a cubit too high so likely to be destroyed by a plane coming into John Lennon.

I have no evidence to back this up but it's true and you're really stupid if you doubt me.

9 hours ago, John Burns said:

The project has stalled, most can see it has. It is obvious. No planning applied for, no design released after many months, no land or lease purchased - not owning the land is giving concern. Why the stall?

The dock cannot provide a stadium large enough with large enough revenues for a club wanting to be a permanent member of the top 4, amongst other points.

The club have an agreement in place to buy the land subject to planning permission being granted. 

Did you not get the press release?

Guest John Burns
33 minutes ago, StevO said:

The club have an agreement in place to buy the land subject to planning permission being granted. 

Did you not get the press release?

The club have not bought anything.  They have released no stadium design, not applied for planning permission or secured a financial arrangement. If you can give details of movement of the above 4 points please let me know. 

12 hours ago, John Burns said:

The club have not bought anything.  They have released no stadium design, not applied for planning permission or secured a financial arrangement. If you can give details of movement of the above 4 points please let me know. 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-exchange-contracts-bramley-moore-13943850

thanks. 

23 hours ago, John Burns said:

Let it go John there is more than enough room to build a stadium at Brantley Moore, not even Everton could get this far down the line before someone realising it’s not big enough to fit a stadium in

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-would-football-stadium-look-12409487

8 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Let it go John there is more than enough room to build a stadium at Brantley Moore, not even Everton could get this far down the line before someone realising it’s not big enough to fit a stadium in

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-would-football-stadium-look-12409487

Well this can't be right.

It shows that a 150,000 capacity stadium comfortably fits on the site, yet our John said it's not big enough for a 60k stadium?

Bloody red echo, getting our hopes up.

Guest John Burns
8 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Everton could get this far down the line before someone realising it’s not big enough to fit a stadium in

The Echo? Wow! Also from Jan 2017. Since then it has transpired a stadium not fit for purpose can only be built on the dock.

I think you could go a lot bigger than 100,000 seater in the space where the dock is  but why would we need to?  I think if we did that it would upset the rest of the argument by John Burns or anyone else who wants to build a warehouse on the site.

Guest John Burns

The club statement read:

“Everton Stadium Development Limited (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Everton Football Club) and Peel Land and Property (Ports) Limited have formally signed an agreement for the Club to lease land at Bramley Moore Dock, Liverpool Waters."

“The lease, which is conditional upon gaining planning consent for the proposed new stadium and securing funding for its construction, will run for a period of 200 years at a peppercorn rent.”

A agreement. Nothing binding. 

Just now, John Burns said:

The club statement read:

“Everton Stadium Development Limited (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Everton Football Club) and Peel Land and Property (Ports) Limited have formally signed an agreement for the Club to lease land at Bramley Moore Dock, Liverpool Waters."

“The lease, which is conditional upon gaining planning consent for the proposed new stadium and securing funding for its construction, will run for a period of 200 years at a peppercorn rent.”

A agreement. Nothing binding. 

Depends on what time of agreement mate, could very well be binding, could very well be binding with termination fees. 

Question: What's your favorite railroad in the UK? I was thinking of taking the Caledonian Sleeper to Scotland if I ever visit.

Guest John Burns
5 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Depends on what time of agreement mate

Not a binding agreement. An agreement is not a contract. 

Try BR timetables. 

10 minutes ago, John Burns said:

The Echo? Wow! Also from Jan 2017. Since then it has transpired a stadium not fit for purpose can only be built on the dock.

5 minutes ago, rubecula said:

John  I need proof of that statement before I give it thinking space

3 minutes ago, John Burns said:

You speculate. 

I speculate that you have no answer really.

22 hours ago, John Burns said:

StevO gave you the evidence.

17 minutes ago, John Burns said:

Since then it has transpired a stadium not fit for purpose can only be built on the dock.

Where is your evidence for that? If you can give details of movement please let me know.

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

StevO gave you the evidence.

Where is your evidence for that? If you can give details of movement please let me know.

to be fair to mr Burns he can not answer a straight question  as he would hate to be proved wrong and be forced into admitting it live n here/  I think that if we left him alone it would break his little red heart.