IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

Guest John Burns
18 hours ago, StevO said:

Well they have signed agreements to buy the land off Peel. I’m sure both sides will have vested interest and money to lose if it doesn’t go ahead. 

Everton are not 100% committed to anything.  Read what I wrote.  The dock site can only deliver a sub-optimal stadium in size and revenue take.  It will not be fit for purpose for a club the size of Everton. The length of time in gaining planning permission, if granted of course which is far from certain being a heritage site, also would be lengthy. 

The project has stalled with no movement on any front for many, many months, this is self evident. There are serious and problematic reasons why.  The club is reassessing all the prime points of the project

3 hours ago, John Burns said:

Everton are not 100% committed to anything.  Read what I wrote.  The dock site can only deliver a sub-optimal stadium in size and revenue take.  It will not be fit for purpose for a club the size of Everton. The length of time in gaining planning permission, if granted of course which is far from certain being a heritage site, also would be lengthy. 

The project has stalled with no movement on any front for many, many months, this is self evident. There are serious and problematic reasons why.  The club is reassessing all the prime points of the project

I’ve been reading what you’ve written for years. I don’t take it as gospel, John. 

I trust what the club say more than I trust you. So I’ll keep being sceptical of your agenda driven posts. 

Thanks though. 

Guest John Burns
6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i don't give a shit what spurs are doing.  

Do you aspire to Tranmere Rovers?

John the Etihad can comfortably fit on the site (55,000+) including room for parking as can the Maracana (78,000+)

The dock has plenty of room for a modern and more than large enough stadium including parking and other outlets etc

Genuinely interested to know were you've got the information you've posted from??

9 hours ago, John Burns said:

Do you aspire to Tranmere Rovers?

The stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock is happening John, be at peace with this because you can vent like a volcano but it will not change a damn thing.

Your sporadic rants remind me of this speech by Macbeth:

" a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

The stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock is happening John, be at peace with this because you can vent like a volcano but it will not change a damn thing.

Your sporadic rants remind me of this speech by Macbeth:

" a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

:worship:

‘Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.’

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

:blush: 

The only other times I think I've seen Shakespeare quoted on here is when people talk about "the dogs of war" but probably a lot don't realise that's where the phrase originates (Julius Caesar Act 3, Scene 1).

Guest John Burns
2 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

The dock has plenty of room for a modern and more than large enough stadium including parking and other outlets etc

The project has stalled, most can see it has. It is obvious. No planning applied for, no design released after many months, no land or lease purchased - not owning the land is giving concern. Why the stall?

The dock cannot provide a stadium large enough with large enough revenues for a club wanting to be a permanent member of the top 4, amongst other points.

This has already been pointed out to you. It is quite simple. 

Keep up the Shakespeare fellas, I am a fan. 

Guest John Burns
3 hours ago, Makis said:

So by replacing Goodison Park with a new, bigger stadium in a better place instead of copying Spurs we turn into Tranmere? That's the level of logic Burns is capable of.

You got it wrong, it was quite clear. "copying Spurs" we end up in the top 4, not like Tranmere Rovers. Get it?  I hope so. 

59 minutes ago, John Burns said:

The project has stalled, most can see it has. It is obvious. No planning applied for, no design released after many months, no land or lease purchased - not owning the land is giving concern. Why the stall?

The dock cannot provide a stadium large enough with large enough revenues for a club wanting to be a permanent member of the top 4, amongst other points.

Who's pointed it out other than yourself? The way you put your point across is as if you have some form of genuine information on the matter not just your opinion...

I've just pointed out the site is large enough are City not a top four club let alone one of the elites? Yes they have cash in abundance but from a stadium point of view we can match their gate no problems on that very site 

There's plenty of information on the size of the site and how big stadiums are it's not hard to cross reference them to see your wrong on that front 

These things take time Spurs applied for their stadiums planning permission early 2015 Chelsea right at the beginning of 2015, it's not a bag of cash and a tub load of maccano job 

4 hours ago, John Burns said:

It would be massive commercial revenues rather than matchday revenues that would really allow us to catch up.

Guest John Burns
4 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

The way you put your point across is as if you have some form of genuine information on the matter not just your opinion...

I have not given opinion.