IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

I’m guessing that instead of pay the architect a fortune to come up with the drawings, only to find the design is not vialble and won’t pass buildings permissions..... we are ibst and working closely with them to come up with design that suits all parties.

Or I’m hoping.

16 minutes ago, John Burns said:
stop
(of an event, action, or process) come to an end; cease to happen.

halt
1. bring or come to an abrupt stop.
2. a suspension of movement or activity, typically a temporary one.

A stop can be gradual but it is final. A halt can be an abrupt stop, or suspension of movement. 

Stall

Is a halt which is not intended

--------------------------

The BMD project has stalled. It came when Meis reported his findings on a sub-optimal solution at BMD.  

It still hasn’t stalled, no matter how many times you change the font - you have no proof of the timelines

maybe I’ve missed it, but where is this Meis report?

5 minutes ago, John Burns said:

No need to. 

of course not but unless you can prove much of what you say most people will continue to poke fun and disbelieve you.  I think that f you had said  you believe so and  so instead of fact you may have received more sympathy

Guest John Burns
Just now, Shukes said:

I’m guessing that instead of pay the architect a fortune to come up with the drawings, only to find the design is not vialble and won’t pass buildings permissions..... we are ibst and working closely with them to come up with design that suits all parties.

Or I’m hoping.

He gets paid for his outline designs, of course. Once accepted then the detailed design comes in, and he gets paid more for more work. He came up with problems like the quay walls cannot be removed. They were not removed next door at Wellington Dock.  This creates a big problem.  Other problems are access and room in panic situations as the site is very tight having water on two sides, a back wall of a sewage plant on one side with a protected Dock Rd wall on the other. 

I do not know, but have only 'heard', so speculation, that Rotheram does not like the idea of impinging on the WHS - he can overrule planning being the metro-mayor. Liverpool was on the 'at danger' list at UNESCO because of the council's actions, which gave a poor impression of the city. The metro-mayor can stop all that, in one swoop.  If he says he will be against, then it is not worth going down the BMD route. 

Guest John Burns
10 minutes ago, Matt said:

It still hasn’t stalled, no matter how many times you change the font - you have no proof of the timelines

maybe I’ve missed it, but where is this Meis report?

The club gave ballpark times to the national press, nothing came about. The project has stalled. 

Guest John Burns
12 minutes ago, rubecula said:

of course not but unless you can prove much of what you say most people will continue to poke fun and disbelieve you. 

I gave facts in a bullet point form. I  never made them up. Now you can bury your head in the sand and ignore them, be my guest. 

Guest John Burns
2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Please stop that....or halt it. The Earth is flat....fact!

Everyone knows that. I nearly fell off once. 

Guest John Burns
13 minutes ago, John Burns said:

He gets paid for his outline designs, of course. Once accepted then the detailed design comes in, and he gets paid more for more work. He came up with problems like the quay walls cannot be removed. They were not removed next door at Wellington Dock.  This creates a big problem.  Other problems are access and room in panic situations as the site is very tight having water on two sides, a back wall of a sewage plant on one side with a protected Dock Rd wall on the other. 

I do not know, but have only 'heard', so speculation, that Rotheram does not like the idea of impinging on the WHS - he can overrule planning being the metro-mayor. Liverpool was on the 'at danger' list at UNESCO because of the council's actions, which gave a poor impression of the city. The metro-mayor can stop all that, in one swoop.  If he says he will be against, then it is not worth going down the BMD route or the route of his objections.

21 minutes ago, John Burns said:

I do not know, but have only 'heard', so speculation, that Rotheram does not like the idea of impinging on the WHS - he can overrule planning being the metro-mayor. Liverpool was on the 'at danger' list at UNESCO because of the council's actions, which gave a poor impression of the city. The metro-mayor can stop all that, in one swoop.  If he says he will be against, then it is not worth going down the BMD route. 

You see this post makes it look like you DO know something as it contains details. 

So are you saying you are privy to information that we are not? Come on tell us your sources..... he’s gonna fold under questioning!

I think that’s all people are asking Jon, as we are all fans and want to know where we are.

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

FFS can somebody close this thread, or FFS stop replying to his posts. I'm bored stiff of the same old post showing up 20 times.

I agree Bill, I nearly closed it earlier because it's just going round in circles but I agree now is the time; will be reopened in due course.

• MikeO locked this topic
56 minutes ago, John Burns said:

The club gave ballpark times to the national press, nothing came about. The project has stalled. 

Ball park figures are not a project plan or timelines. They’re estimates given before the planning had been finalised. Perfectly standard behaviour and no indication of a stall at all 

I’ll take the last word. For now. 

The club knew Elstone was leaving quite a few months ago. There is now a new CEO in place and a team put together to manage the project. Maybe that has been a big part of why no further information has been released. 

• MikeO unlocked this topic
1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

Wonder why he wants them to be wrong???

Edit: just clicked it and he's hoping for a larger capacity. Gaaawd, I hope he is in a minority of people who will end up whinging because they want more seats!!!

agreed, that's 15k-17k larger than what we currently have.  i get the whole we're gonna be the biggest club in the world by then thought, but let's be real people, that's a lot more season ticket holders and regular ticket buyers, A LOT.  liverpool isn'tt a huge city.

11 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

agreed, that's 15k-17k larger than what we currently have.  i get the whole we're gonna be the biggest club in the world by then thought, but let's be real people, that's a lot more season ticket holders and regular ticket buyers, A LOT.  liverpool isn'ttt a huge city.

If we want to compete with the likes of Spurs is it really the wisest decision to build a new stadium that we’ll be in for the next 100 years that is already a big way behind their capacity?

9 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

If we want to compete with the likes of Spurs is it really the wisest decision to build a new stadium that we’ll be in for the next 100 years that is already a big way behind their capacity?

we are nowhere close to spurs we are miles away.  they are in CL every year now and have players on the english national team, we have neither.  they have london, we have liverpool, they have massive commercial revenue, we don't.  we are pretty much the opposite of spurs, and i don't say this as a downer just being real.  i'd say we need to work on those first, i've always thought renovating goodison and extending a stand or something (i don't know the technical stuff) to increase capacity would be more prudent while the other stuff is sorted out.  

in this modern era will the stadium really exist for 100 years?  i highly doubt that.  granted it's not america where a 10 year old stadium is brought down, but i don't think it will be close to 100, probably not even 50 years, 30-40 tops i'd estimate.

lastly, could it also be possible it's 52-55k with the ability to have additions built to make it the 60-65k some want?  i doubt Moshiri is gonna build it without the ability to further extend capacity.

40 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's a good point.

It's a tricky balancing act. You want there to be as many genuine noise making fans in there as possible, taking up as many seats as they possibly can. You don't want to be having to give too many tickets away to sponsors etc, potentially killing the atmosphere. But you also don't want empty seats.

I guess this is one of the details the club needs to work out. Or has had to work out.

44 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

we are nowhere close to spurs we are miles away.  they are in CL every year now and have players on the english national team, we have neither.  they have london, we have liverpool, they have massive commercial revenue, we don't.  we are pretty much the opposite of spurs, and i don't say this as a downer just being real.  i'd say we need to work on those first, i've always thought renovating goodison and extending a stand or something (i don't know the technical stuff) to increase capacity would be more prudent while the other stuff is sorted out.  

in this modern era will the stadium really exist for 100 years?  i highly doubt that.  granted it's not america where a 10 year old stadium is brought down, but i don't think it will be close to 100, probably not even 50 years, 30-40 tops i'd estimate.

lastly, could it also be possible it's 52-55k with the ability to have additions built to make it the 60-65k some want?  i doubt Moshiri is gonna build it without the ability to further extend capacity.

So how do we get close to them if we’re going to build much smaller than them?

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

So how do we get close to them if we’re going to build much smaller than them?

gate receipts don't count for much finance wise.  the big money is from european football, finishing high in the standings, and commerical revenue.  concentrating on doing better in the league, getting europe and doing better there, will in turn bring bigger exposure and commerical deals which in turn brings the rest.

it all comes down to how we play on the pitch, that's the most important, the rest comes with it.  at least that's how i see it.