IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, John Burns said:

No stadium design yet and no firm commitment to Bramley Moore Dock.  The site is way too small for large stadium suitable for EFC. 

John. There is a lot of progress made. They have looked at designs, they just haven’t finalised one and submitted it. I was semi agreeing with you up until our new CEO spoke.

Guest John Burns

No stadium design yet and no firm commitment to Bramley Moore Dock.  The site is way too small for a  large stadium suitable for EFC. 

If Usmanov buys into EFC then matters will move and big time, and that means dropping this small inaccessible stadium in a windswept dock. 

• Romey 1878 locked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

https://www.toffeeweb.com/season/18-19/news/37201.html

Him saying all this actually makes me worry, rather than reassure me.

not sure why mate it is just his opinion after all.

besides :

"I don't have to tell you the commitment he's given to Everton in terms of time and finance and he's put hundreds of millions in the club," Kenwright said of Moshiri, "and I think there was a part of him now wanted that extra shareholding with the new stadium coming up.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2018/09/13/colin-chong

Understandably, a lot has also been said about funding. Like all developments of this size and nature, the funding is complex. We have a number of options available to us. Liverpool City Council is one of those options and there are other opportunities we are exploring too. Any deal we do will be the best deal for Everton Football Club.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/11522955/everton-look-to-learn-from-rival-mistakes-with-new-stadium-plans

Bit concerned by this quote 

It is a very long-term project and it will take several years before we move."

perhaps it is a long term to make a substantial profit and not necessarily  before we move in?

8 hours ago, Shukes said:

We already k ow it will be several years don’t we? I mean.... they haven’t even submitted planning yet.

Not really no. It was only the other day that the club reiterated the aim to be in the new stadium for the start of the 2022 season 

I suppose it boils down to your interpretation of ‘several years’

14 minutes ago, Bill said:

I think this discussion has popped up somewhere before, one is single, two is a couple, and three is several. 👍

3 is a few, 4+ is several for me.

Anyway, finances aren't all in order yet, no planning permission or designs released (that we know of), and then construction is a minimum 2 years. Then there's all the infrastructure that needs to be put in place around it... It'll be 3 years minimum after we've gotten everything approved and ready to go in my non-expert opinion. 2022? That will be impressive.

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

3 is a few, 4+ is several for me

I've never quantified either myself; according to the dictionary "few" is 'a small number of' although that could be quite a high number as in 'a club with as few as 20 members' while "several" is 'more than two but not many'.

I think is just down to what our parents tell us.