IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

22 hours ago, StevO said:

Beef Wellington is just too complex for a 16 year old kid to heat up on minimum wage, so we will never have such luxury at a foodball match. And if you can’t have it with a nice glass of red, it’s just a waste. 

I’m hungry. 

Prawn sandwiches Roy Keanes favourite from memory. 

30 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

expensive over here if you don't live on the coast where they live cause you gotta pay the cost of flying em in.

There's a language difference as well here Mark, what we call prawns you call shrimp; shrimps here are tiny little things that aren't widely available. Then we have king prawns and tiger prawns and some the size of a small lobster that are just called something expensive sounding and come from Madagascar or somewhere like that; now they are posh and expensive and we just invest once a year at Christmas:).

New stadium though....um...all things considered it's a half decent idea, it can have some comfy seats and an increased cacapity or something (can we ban Keane from it though?):unsure:.

💭What a save!

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

There's a language difference as well here Mark, what we call prawns you call shrimp; shrimps here are tiny little things that aren't widely available. Then we have king prawns and tiger prawns and some the size of a small lobster that are just called something expensive sounding and come from Madagascar or somewhere like that; now they are posh and expensive and we just invest once a year at Christmas:).

New stadium though....um...all things considered it's a half decent idea, it can have some comfy seats and an increased cacapity or something (can we ban Keane from it though?):unsure:.

💭What a save!

Is that Langustine or something???

On 13/07/2018 at 14:02, markjazzbassist said:

you guys eat the wierdest shit at stadiums.  peas?   FFS what next a roast and some beef wellington.  its a sporting event, food has to all be able to be eaten with your hands in my opinion, cause the other hand has a beer.

Mushy peas. Think mashed potato made from peas. The perfect thing to go with fish and chips on a cold, wet night.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/50281/mushy-peas-i/

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

💭What a save!

Yeah any variation is expensive unless you live close to shrimpers (shrimp fishermen).  When we lived in New Orleans our neighbor was a shrimper and we got them fresh off his boat and cheap.  They are expensive up north because we are far from all the coasts. We have lake fish up here (fresh water) such as trout, walleye, Bass, etc but they’re not super flavorful.  Most just get fried up for fish and chips or fish sandwich kinda meals.

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Maybe the most extreme difference from one side of the Atlantic to the other is venison. In Britain, it’s an expensive connoisseur meat because all deer are owned by the crown. In the US, it’s road kill and free. :)

for real steve?  yeah the deer are so overpopulated where i live they hire professionals at the end of hunting season to go kill a bunch of them to keep the overpopulation down.  a lot of people don't eat it due to the "gamey" taste if it's not field dressed immediately after kill.  a lot of deer and hunters where i live.  (not one myself)

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Mark: have you ever tasted hedgehog flavored chips (crisps)? They were all the rage when I was at university.

never heard of that, is hedgehog popular to eat in the uk?

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

for real steve?  yeah the deer are so overpopulated where i live they hire professionals at the end of hunting season to go kill a bunch of them to keep the overpopulation down.  a lot of people don't eat it due to the "gamey" taste if it's not field dressed immediately after kill.  a lot of deer and hunters where i live.  (not one myself)

Hedgehog is very popular, particularly since the economic downturn, its cheap and readily available, I'm not too keen though, it sticks in my throat a bit too much.

7 hours ago, rubecula said:

you leave my celtic cousin alone    hedgehog is mostly remembered as a Romany food, the crisps were a novelty item, and mushy peas were sent from heaven (I particularly like the minted variety)  youngsters these days seem to enjoy cheesy chips?????? go figure.  (oh and "cheeky vimto")

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheeky_Vimto

Remembered as Romey’s food! If you don’t mind I might give hedgehog pancakes a miss. ..........saying that it’s been a while since I last saw one squashed 🤔

On 15/07/2018 at 00:50, Cornish Steve said:

Just digressing.  This reminded me.  I was once on a corporate 'do' in St. Tropez, run by Ford.  They had Jasper Carrot there as the entertainer.  There was a billiards table in the hotel where we stayed but it had no pockets.  Apparently, its a form of billiards called 'Carom'.  You play for canons.  Anyway, I played carom in a fourball which included Jasper Carrot.  He did the after-dinner speech and, as usual, was very funny.  He is a far better comedian than he is a carom player!

On 14/07/2018 at 23:28, markjazzbassist said:

https://www.doyouremember.co.uk/memory/hedgehog-flavoured-crisps?page=3

The meat comes with all-natural cocktail sticks.

• 2 weeks later...