IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

It was obviously goi g to go quiet for a few months as the man dealing with it has left the club. It’s goig to take a while for the new people to get up to speed and introduce themselves to contacts. A rapport needs to be built for these types of deals and we have just changed personnel, which means there is a transition period required.

I still have confidence the project will go ahead.

No real news, Mayor just trying to push Everton to use Liverpool Council to fund the stadium due to the money it will make them.

Quite rightly the new board members are exploring all funding options before deciding. 

The club remain committed to the stadium, and as I understand it its a major reason Silva and Brands signed. 

1 hour ago, rubecula said:

I knew this would happen,  we will get a cheapo cattle shed that will hold three fat birds and a fish supper about the time that Tranmere build a 100,000 all seater arena

Knew what would happen? That we'd explore all avenues to get ourselves the best deal? 

Because all we're doing is not jumping at the first thing that flutters it's eyelashes at us, and are making sure we couldn't get better terms elsewhere.

9 hours ago, London Blue said:

Optimistic I see...

yes  I am sorry about that bit of pessimism   but how many times must we visit the well before we get a drink?  even then Meis has the temerity to get the fans to design the stadium for him and he still gets a big pay packet while nothing ever happens,  we are being screwed over again just like Kings dock without the designs  or even Kirkby or that matter.   I know it seems like I am being impatient but have we bought the site or not? have we put in designs for planning permission or not?  If not …. why not   and if so  why have we not heard about them yet?

1 hour ago, rubecula said:

yes  I am sorry about that bit of pessimism   but how many times must we visit the well before we get a drink?  even then Meis has the temerity to get the fans to design the stadium for him and he still gets a big pay packet while nothing ever happens,  we are being screwed over again just like Kings dock without the designs  or even Kirkby or that matter.   I know it seems like I am being impatient but have we bought the site or not? have we put in designs for planning permission or not?  If not …. why not   and if so  why have we not heard about them yet?

We have not bought the site, but we have an agreement that we buy it subject to planning permission. 

We do not yet have plans to submit because the whole package, including funding is not yet in place. 

These things take time Rubes, we’ve seen them rush crap projects before and they thankfully fell through. What they want to do here is a lot more ambitious so will take longer. 

Relax mate, it’ll be fine. 

37 minutes ago, StevO said:

We have not bought the site, but we have an agreement that we buy it subject to planning permission. 

We do not yet have plans to submit because the whole package, including funding is not yet in place. 

These things take time Rubes, we’ve seen them rush crap projects before and they thankfully fell through. What they want to do here is a lot more ambitious so will take longer. 

Relax mate, it’ll be fine. 

thanks StevO I know you are right in all probability but I can not help getting a squeaky bum time here.  (I would like us to stay at GP but that is not possible) so this is obviously the best option since the Kings Dock   …  and it keeps going through my mind  "what if this goes the same way"

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

If this situation was translated to the US, the team owners at this point would be threatening to relocate to Chester if Liverpool didn't pony up at least 100m. The difference in the two cultures is astounding.

So true, though this rarely happens in baseball anymore because teams have been around their locales so long. Part of the difference in culture is that all of our other professional sports have half the history of British football.

6 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

If this situation was translated to the US, the team owners at this point would be threatening to relocate to Chester if Liverpool didn't pony up at least 100m. The difference in the two cultures is astounding.

I'm thankful for that difference.

On another note - http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/06/12/sam-allardyce-on-the-big-question-over-evertons-new-stadium/

Good job we got rid of you then, isn'tt it fella?

10 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm thankful for that difference.

On another note - http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/06/12/sam-allardyce-on-the-big-question-over-evertons-new-stadium/

Good job we got rid of you then, isn'ttt it fella?

He is a Complete arse wipe, he's walked away with a nice payout and still has to have a dig. Can't he see how dull he had us playing, just like every other team he's managed.

Really makes me pissed off he is still given any attention by the press.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest John Burns

Bramley Moore Dock has stalled for a multitude of reasons, finance being only one. The club is assessing other finance deals and locations. 

Guest John Burns
On 11/06/2018 at 21:27, rubecula said:

Initially the club thought a 60,000 seater with full 'lucrative' corporate facilities could be built at Bramley Moore Dock. Dan Meis was commissioned to design a stadium on the dock. He did his analysis and found the site extremely restrictive on many points to achieve 60,000 and full corporate. Challenging is the word they tend to use.  He then proposed a smaller stadium and a 52,000 at one point.  52,000 with full lucrative corporate facilities and 55,000, at the most, with cut down corporate facilities. 

No stadium proposal has been released or planning application submitted for the dock site, only broad brush suggestions of what may be built.  The club is re-assessing the controversial financial deal with the city mayor against other options. The deal from the mayor is still on offer - the city region metro-mayor is not directly involved. This is the correct thing to do of course to achieve the best deal for the club. 

Once a stadium is built at the dock it cannot be expanded. Long term considerations for the club have to be assessed seriously, which means re-assessing the dock site's suitability and the possibility of choosing another more suitable site.

Guest John Burns

You are crystal ball gazing. Liverpool Waters will be around the dock waters even if a stadium is built. The waters will stay after developments are around them.  It is also not certain Everton will get planning permission. Rotheram, the metro-mayor, can override in planning and other matters. He values WHS status.  I gave the current status of the stall not speculate.

Guest John Burns
32 minutes ago, StevO said:

id be shocked if the club are still looking at other sites after spending so much money on this one already. 

They have not spent much, only spent time not too much money. The bulk of the stadium design by Mies can be transported to other sites. There are reasons for the stall. They are not trivial. 

1 hour ago, John Burns said:

They have not spent much, only spent time not too much money. The bulk of the stadium design by Mies can be transported to other sites. There are reasons for the stall. They are not trivial. 

But non of which you've stated.....unless you can provide any evidence to back up your claims?

Guest John Burns
19 hours ago, pete0 said:

I know we're Everton but surely they got the tape measure out to make sure the site was big enough before committing to it. 

Not so simple. Dock Rd walls have to stay as to the quay walls. Access and egress and space for crowd dispersal in case of panic are problematic.

28 minutes ago, pete0 said:

I know we're Everton but surely they got the tape measure out to make sure the site was big enough before committing to it. 

Ha. You'd bloody hope so!!!

One of the first things you'd do is make sure it's big enough. Surely. Surely surely surely!!!

2 hours ago, John Burns said:

Well they have signed agreements to buy the land off Peel. I’m sure both sides will have vested interest and money to lose if it doesn’t go ahead.