IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

13 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

BK is the club chairman which by definition pretty much puts him at the fulcrum, he actually did appoint Denise and did play a huge part in bringing in Moshiri, so all very factual so far

Everyone close to the BMD project is full of praise for BK , this includes Dan Meis who as the designer is surely more in the know than you or I ? Yet we are supposed to listen to the haters who have no clue what’s gone on or who did what ?

This is not meant to be about BK or his past indiscretions, surely it’s meant to be about a momentous day in the clubs history and so something we should all be celebrating ?

Unfortunately for Bill his input in the latest stadium won't be appreciated as much as the echo articles have been designed to generate.

Everton fans arent allowed to forget things like 25 years of no trophies and looking at the missed opportunities that the kings dock stadium could have given us.... Ntl, fortress fund, Elstone, Phillip Green are all just part of stuff that you can add to the disaster that missing Kings dock was.....  The Kirby fiasco was insult to injury.

So.... It's quite difficult to read your well constructed post and agree with it.

Kenwright has been nothing more than an Everton PR machine.  To some fans that means alot.... Fair enough.  But go to any pub and you will find a character who could sell Everton to a stranger... I played golf with one yesterday who told me loads of great stories about the great side of the 60s etc.

I'll be happy with what we have now and where we are heading but that has very very little to do with Kenwright. 

I do admit I more a an Everton fan, than a businessman. That’s why have good things to say about him. He is an Everton fan doing the best he can, and I appreciate that. 
I want Everton to win trophy’s, but understand how difficult that is in the modern game. 

The best I can hope for my team is that they are passionate, they fight to stay with top half, while aiming to be better and compete at the right end. On the whole..... I think we do.

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

As a fan, I think he has had the best intentions and believed he could pull these things off, and failed. I don't think he has lied intentionally.

When he said Goodison would fail it's safety certificate I don't think there were any good intentions there, do you? When he pulled the Fortress Sport Fund out of his arse when his position was under threat and then it quietly disappeared once the threat had been neutralised, I don't think there were good intentions there either, do you?

He's not all bad, but he's not this fella that has always tried to do right by the club the way a lot of people try to paint him either.

You ever been to Goodson, it’s known as a shed by neutrals. I fully expect it to be failing safety inspections. So making it public that Goodson is in dire need of either extensive work, or we need to move was the correct decision. In fact I would say it would be a dereliction of duty not to say that.

I honestly don’t know enough about the fortress trust fund to comment, just two sides of rumours. 

So in answer, yes I do think it was good intentions.

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

You ever been to Goodson, it’s known as a shed by neutrals. I fully expect it to be failing safety inspections. So making it public that Goodson is in dire need of either extensive work, or we need to move was the correct decision. In fact I would say it would be a dereliction of duty not to say that.

I honestly don’t know enough about the fortress trust fund to comment, just two sides of rumours. 

A dereliction of duty not to lie about it :lol: That's some going to try and defend it right there. All these years later and it's not failing it's safety certificate at all, otherwise we wouldn't still be playing here with no problems getting the safety certificate renewed. It was nothing more than an attempt to try and push through the move to the Kirkby Shed.

I'm blown away that you, or any fan, don't mind that lie or think there were good intentions behind it, to be honest.

9 minutes ago, Shukes said:

The best way of evaluating kenwright is to imagine that he wasn't a fan.....

Its very very easy to see things very clearly then. It actually makes you question why another fan..... And employee Alan Myers walked from his role. 

I have absolutely no doubt that goodison was a toxic shitty environment to work in  pre Moshiri....  When you have shit leadership those leaders employ yes men and all integrity goes out the window. 

I know someone who worked at Everton and had a great job..... He left.  

Kenwrights loyalty isn't all that it's painted to be, he cut off his nephew cos he went into the theatre business.  His attitude in EGM to valid questions around Phillip Green.... The other operating costs.....

Our club requires some financial gymnastics to circumnavigate his piss poor ownership and now someone is footing the bill he's telling them not to scrimp.  He tried to move us into a tesco with a stadium attached to it in Kirby. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

A dereliction of duty not to lie about it :lol: That's some going to try and defend it right there. All these years later and it's not failing it's safety certificate at all, otherwise we wouldn't still be playing here with no problems getting the safety certificate renewed. It was nothing more than an attempt to try and push through the move to the Kirkby Shed.

I'm blown away that you, or any fan, don't mind that lie or think there were good intentions behind it, to be honest.

Subjective mate. Like I said, most of Goodson is made of wood. Doesn’t take a genius... or BK to work out it is likely to suffer from safety issues soon enough. 

It hasn’t failed yet, so that means it’s all fine. Sure. 

Im not going to agree with you on this one mate, not saying your wrong... I just see it different and it may be me being naive..... wouldn’t be the first time haha.

6 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Subjective mate. Like I said, most of Goodson is made of wood. Doesn’t take a genius... or BK to work out it is likely to suffer from safety issues soon enough. 

It hasn’t failed yet, so that means it’s all fine. Sure. 

Im not going to agree with you on this one mate, not saying your wrong... I just see it different and it may be me being naive..... wouldn’t be the first time haha.

Subjective? Really? He said it would fail so we needed to move. It hasn’t failed in all the time since so it was nothing but a lie. It wasn’t yesterday, or last month that he said it. It was years ago. There’s nothing subjective there whatsoever.

You can’t say I’m wrong because I’m not. He lied about the safety certificate. End of story really :lol: .

Best to just leave it there now. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

The best way of evaluating kenwright is to imagine that he wasn't a fan.....

Its very very easy to see things very clearly then. It actually makes you question why another fan..... And employee Alan Myers walked from his role. 

I have absolutely no doubt that goodison was a toxic shitty environment to work in  pre Moshiri....  When you have shit leadership those leaders employ yes men and all integrity goes out the window. 

I know someone who worked at Everton and had a great job..... He left.  

Kenwrights loyalty isn't all that it's painted to be, he cut off his nephew cos he went into the theatre business.  His attitude in EGM to valid questions around Phillip Green.... The other operating costs.....

Our club requires some financial gymnastics to circumnavigate his piss poor ownership and now someone is footing the bill he's telling them not to scrimp.  He tried to move us into a tesco with a stadium attached to it in Kirby. 

Myers said he'd come back to Everton so don't think Kenwright was the issue.

Don't get what your point is with the middle bit.

The end isn't poor ownership, it's the owner not being rich enough to keep up. Can't blame someone for not being a billionaire. He also took the time to find the right one to sell to.

Mate he is a human not a bloody time traveller haha. 
I could predict that and have many times, so have countless others. Honestly talk to neutral fans.... most are shocked Goodson is still up. It’s the oldest purpose built stadium in the country. 

I love the place, but I can also see it’s falling apart haha. Great that it hasn’t. I’m very happy it hasn’t, love the place. But we need to find a new home I’m afraid, and we have done for a long time.

edit: didn’t say you were wrong by the way, just the opposite. 

27 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Mate he is a human not a bloody time traveller haha. 
I could predict that and have many times, so have countless others. Honestly talk to neutral fans.... most are shocked Goodson is still up. It’s the oldest purpose built stadium in the country. 

I love the place, but I can also see it’s falling apart haha. Great that it hasn’t. I’m very happy it hasn’t, love the place. But we need to find a new home I’m afraid, and we have done for a long time.

edit: didn’t say you were wrong by the way, just the opposite. 

Goodison was built 5 years before Villa park which is still viable due to design and holte end improvements  It's not falling apart - it's just not suitable for the modern game.  Goodison would be more robust than half the stadiums built in the past 30 years. 

Kenwright came out with the safety certificate failure threat before the kirby vote..... That was all he did it for.   A bit like the fortress fund.... Made up bullshit to sway a vote his way.  Fortunately this second lie wasn't to go his way - imagine how things would be if he got us moved to Kirby???

Its not good, not good at all. 

Health and safety checks are getting tougher by the year. It’s just a matter of time before it fails somewhere. I’m just surprised it hasn’t already.

Look, I can only comment on what I see... same as you guys. Neither of us can know the reasons why any decisions were made... some feel it was intended to deceive, while others think it was a human mistake. But it is all subjective.

No disrespect to anyone, but I’m 47 years old and feel I’m entitled to my opinion, same as you all are. This is why I don’t say I’m right. My opinion may change one day when facts come out, but at the moment i feel BK has done more good for the club than harm. I’m also ok with you guys feeling the opposite. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

also see it’s falling apart

Literally.

Goodison Park is an old building, and the sections in the two stands that needed to be repaired or replaced are over 50 years old. There were exposed tiles on the ceiling which posed a safety hazard as they started to deteriorate. While unlikely, it was possible that sections of concrete tile could fall from the roof onto fans sitting below.

https://www.hsroofclad.com/projects/everton

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

All these years later and it's not failing it's safety certificate at all, otherwise we wouldn't still be playing here with no problems getting the safety certificate renewed.

How do you honestly know there’s been no problems getting a safety certificate,  could it be that we were spending large sums of money every season to get the required level of safety to keep the ground open, we just don’t know, but Bill may have been speaking some truth that with increased legislation it was becoming difficult or unviable to keep getting a pass, you or me don’t know the extent or real story. But I find it hard to believe that Bill had done things intentionally to hurt the club and it’s supporters, he may have got things wrong and he did confess and apologise for the Kirby fiasco, but I’d rather deal with people in business and life who when they fuck up, hold their hands up and admit it. 
I like Bill I find him from the outside looking in to be an honest caring man, and those who know him and have worked with him seem to say the same thing, so personally that’s good enough for me. 

51 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Literally.

Goodison Park is an old building, and the sections in the two stands that needed to be repaired or replaced are over 50 years old. There were exposed tiles on the ceiling which posed a safety hazard as they started to deteriorate. While unlikely, it was possible that sections of concrete tile could fall from the roof onto fans sitting below.

https://www.hsroofclad.com/projects/everton

Again were TT, we don’t deal in facts 😉

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Goodison was built 5 years before Villa park which is still viable due to design and holte end improvements  It's not falling apart - it's just not suitable for the modern game.  Goodison would be more robust than half the stadiums built in the past 30 years. 

Kenwright came out with the safety certificate failure threat before the kirby vote..... That was all he did it for.   A bit like the fortress fund.... Made up bullshit to sway a vote his way.  Fortunately this second lie wasn't to go his way - imagine how things would be if he got us moved to Kirby???

Its not good, not good at all. 

Don't see why you have anything against Kirby.

SSU Kirby artwork.png

18 hours ago, Shukes said:

He is an Everton fan doing the best he can, and I appreciate that. 

Are you fine with that in any role at the club or just chairman? Because it sort of starts to fall apart if so. We never accept a player not being good enough just because they are a blue, for me it has to be top to bottom. 

Just now, StevO said:

Are you fine with that in any role at the club or just chairman? Because it sort of starts to fall apart if so. We never accept a player not being good enough just because they are a blue, for me it has to be top to bottom. 

I do mate. I love a player that tries his best and prefer them than players with talent, but no work ethic.

So yes I am fine with that in any role.

I suppose I’m a more of a romantic in that I still believe football is more of a sport than a business, and that having former club legends in high roles at the club is a must ect. 

You think BK is bad... imagine me at the helm haha. 

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I do mate. I love a player that tries his best and prefer them than players with talent, but no work ethic.

So yes I am fine with that in any role.

I suppose I’m a more of a romantic in that I still believe football is more of a sport than a business, and that having former club legends in high roles at the club is a must ect. 

You think BK is bad... imagine me at the helm haha. 

That last line is exactly the point. Having him in charge was just the same as you or me being in charge, or having you me in midfield, or picking the team. If you aren’t good enough at the job being a fan isn’t enough to make it right. 

Fortunately Moshiri doesn’t care if the people running the club are blues or not, he just tries to hire the best he can from anywhere in the world. 

16 hours ago, Shukes said:

Health and safety checks are getting tougher by the year. It’s just a matter of time before it fails somewhere. I’m just surprised it hasn’t already.

Look, I can only comment on what I see... same as you guys. Neither of us can know the reasons why any decisions were made... some feel it was intended to deceive, while others think it was a human mistake. But it is all subjective.

No disrespect to anyone, but I’m 47 years old and feel I’m entitled to my opinion, same as you all are. This is why I don’t say I’m right. My opinion may change one day when facts come out, but at the moment i feel BK has done more good for the club than harm. I’m also ok with you guys feeling the opposite. 

2007 he said goodison was failing it's safety certificate and it was important we voted to move to Kirby..... 14 years ago.  

Every clubs has maintenance done to the stadiums 

As for this Evertonian mularky.... I don't care.  I admired Liverpool for getting rid of king Kenny and I admired Kenny for accepting it as a business decision.  

Imagine if it was Peter Johnson doing the fuck ups bill done?

44 minutes ago, Matt said:

Do you mean the Liverpool fan who drove the club into the ground? Yeah, I imagine it’d be even worse 

Here is the reason Johnson's mistakes are far more amplified than Kenwrights..... He's a kopite.  

Johnson was a poor chairman - no question.  Is kenwright any better?  And no I'm not asking about who loves Everton more or who wins the popularity contest. 

Kenwright was part of the board under Johnson's reign I may add.

Johnson backed the manager to buy the likes of matterazzi, dacourt, John Collins and sold Ferguson behind managers back when the banks came calling.  Kenwright gave the green light to spend NTL money that never landed and ended up flogging Rooney for £25m when the banks came calling having already secured the overdrafts with Phillip Greens stooge in the Cayman Islands.. other operating costs indeed. 

The whole Peter Johnson was crap and kenwright is a saviour is very much exaggerated. 

35 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Here is the reason Johnson's mistakes are far more amplified than Kenwrights..... He's a kopite.  

Johnson was a poor chairman - no question.  Is kenwright any better?  And no I'm not asking about who loves Everton more or who wins the popularity contest. 

Kenwright was part of the board under Johnson's reign I may add.

Johnson backed the manager to buy the likes of matterazzi, dacourt, John Collins and sold Ferguson behind managers back when the banks came calling.  Kenwright gave the green light to spend NTL money that never landed and ended up flogging Rooney for £25m when the banks came calling having already secured the overdrafts with Phillip Greens stooge in the Cayman Islands.. other operating costs indeed. 

The whole Peter Johnson was crap and kenwright is a saviour is very much exaggerated. 

I’m pretty sure the only people who call him a saviour are those who don’t like him to be honest