IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

He never left the project of his own free will, the club handed the project over to a main contractor and they didn’t retain his services, that’s what I believe from memory. There was a bit of a backlash from some that he wasn’t retained the club made a statement a long the lines of they were sorry he was no longer involved but the decision was out of their hands, and the main contractor sighted cost reasons for employing another architectural company to work on the build. 

10 hours ago, Palfy said:

He never left the project of his own free will, the club handed the project over to a main contractor and they didn’t retain his services, that’s what I believe from memory. There was a bit of a backlash from some that he wasn’t retained the club made a statement a long the lines of they were sorry he was no longer involved but the decision was out of their hands, and the main contractor sighted cost reasons for employing another architectural company to work on the build. 

They did and offered him a way to stay involved and, from what I remember, he turned it down and left completely. 

Edit - anyway, my issue was with the pissy he statement he put out after he left, even though it's common that the designer has nothing to do with the process at that point, and I hold grudges :P.

12 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

They did and offered him a way to stay involved and, from what I remember, he turned it down and left completely. 

Edit - anyway, my issue was with the pissy he statement he put out after he left, even though it's common that the designer has nothing to do with the process at that point, and I hold grudges :P.

This doesn't really clarify things, will probably never know the truth of it.

https://www.architectsjournal.co.uk/news/meis-extremely-disappointed-at-everton-stadium-exit

Either way, pleased he's back as he really bought into the club, the project and the city.