IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Yes mate, how old was that footage, when the super structure is almost complete the drone lads are going to be pretty much redundant, so we are going to rely on the club doing more of these videos in all the stands. Any chance with your contacts you put some requests in 👍

That was from 14th March, so was probably filmed in the week before. 

Though there will mostly be work done internally the drones will still be good for seeing the roof, the solar panels, the lower tiers, the seats going in, the pitch, the riverside steps, the cranes coming down, the facade on the outside of the building, the progress on the pump tower, the fan plaza and Everton way. Still a lot to do yet. Just won’t see many big changes weekly like in the past, but that’s slowed down a lot in the last two months to be fair. 

34 minutes ago, StevO said:

Still a lot to do yet. Just won’t see many big changes weekly like in the past, but that’s slowed down a lot in the last two months to be fair. 

That being my point really 2 drones going twice a week and the official club drone is not going to be so interesting, unless of course we play spot the difference. Seeing the fit out developing would be a lot more interesting at this stage of the build, especially lounges, boxes, changing rooms, fans bars and food halls. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

That being my point really 2 drones going twice a week and the official club drone is not going to be so interesting, unless of course we play spot the difference. Seeing the fit out developing would be a lot more interesting at this stage of the build, especially lounges, boxes, changing rooms, fans bars and food halls. 

I agree, but then I watch five or six different drone videos every week. Right now I’m hoping to see the south stand roof trusses go up and the west stand curved sections of roof, and then the north stand lower tier. If I’m honest, if I’ve not seen it in the first video I’m not seeing it in the others, but I guess I’m an addict to it. 😂

I hope the club step up their videos of the internal work though. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/04/2023 at 13:49, Romey 1878 said:

:lol: As if. That marshmallow will be front and centre for the grand opening as if he had everything to do with it becoming a reality.

Pretty sure that's exactly what's he's hanging around for. We'll be buzzing we've finally got a new stadium. He'll be all over it in the press. Then he'll stand down while the attention is high and all that waffle.

1 minute ago, Newty82 said:

Pretty sure that's exactly what's he's hanging around for. We'll be buzzing we've finally got a new stadium. He'll be all over it in the press. Then he'll stand down while the attention is high and all that waffle.

I want to see banners at the first game thanking Colin Chong. It’ll boil Bill’s piss. 

The last truss on the south stand was fitted this morning. 

No roof supports on the north stand, and lower tier construction underway. 

Only one of the tall cranes left on site now. Could be gone as soon as next weekend if the last of the terracing is up in a few days. 

Real progress made lately. 

They have killed the enthusiasm a little, but it’s the one part of the club they can’t really fuck up as they handed it over to professionals like Colin Chong and Laing O’Rourke. 
The only disappointment is that whenever there is a positive they try to throw Denise’s name in there, rather than give the credit to Colin who does the work seven days a week. 

• 2 weeks later...

No news.

Owner is selling up and doesn’t want to make payments for a stadium that doesn’t belong to him anymore. We’ll that’s shocking isn't it haha.

Funnily enough the same thing happened to me. I brought a van and the previous owners have stopped paying the monthly payments…. Assholes!

9 minutes ago, Shukes said:

No news.

Owner is selling up and doesn’t want to make payments for a stadium that doesn’t belong to him anymore. We’ll that’s shocking isn't it haha.

Funnily enough the same thing happened to me. I brought a van and the previous owners have stopped paying the monthly payments…. Assholes!

Why would you buy a vehicle off someone who still had finance on it? The vehicle belongs to the finance company until the loan is cleared you know that mate. 

10 hours ago, Palfy said:

Why would you buy a vehicle off someone who still had finance on it? The vehicle belongs to the finance company until the loan is cleared you know that mate. 

People do it all the time. They do it with mortgages the lot mate. You’re never locked into something just because you got it through credit mate, that’s just finance company’s trying to control you. 

Surely you know that at your ripe old age haha. How’s your holiday going.

12 hours ago, Shukes said:

People do it all the time. They do it with mortgages the lot mate. You’re never locked into something just because you got it through credit mate, that’s just finance company’s trying to control you. 

Surely you know that at your ripe old age haha. How’s your holiday going.

Alright thanks mate just chilling enjoying the sun and having a few beers 🍺. Obviously the world is becoming a different place to the one that I’m used to, if I ever bought a vehicle from someone I would do credit check on it and would have made sure I deducted any credit owing off the purchase price, so any money I was given them would be what was left after the finance was paid. And how you buy a property that’s already mortgaged and not paid off by the seller is beyond my comprehension. I will have to speak to my eldest daughter she heads a fraud team used by some of the biggest financial institutions in the country, I’m obviously well out of touch or being overly cautious. 

You just come from a better, simpler time mate. Same as me.

I don't think I’ve ever changed any credit over, even a mortgage. Though mortgages are common. You take them out for 25 years, but people don’t stay still and move after 5 🙄

Ive been in this one for about 5 now and the missus is looking again ffs. I just want to sit still for a while haha.

6 hours ago, StevO said:

If you buy a car with credit it either has to be settled or transferred, or it would be repossessed if the finance house found out. I think Shukes’ joke was just taken a bit too literally. 

If it was a joke then it admittedly went right over my head, nothing unusual there though. The thing with Shukes is I can never work out when he’s joking or being serious, I bet he would make a great poker player. 

10 hours ago, Palfy said:

If it was a joke then it admittedly went right over my head, nothing unusual there though. The thing with Shukes is I can never work out when he’s joking or being serious, I bet he would make a great poker player. 

You can’t work it out? I can’t Fking work it out so god help us haha!

You may have noticed I’ve not been on the stadium threads too much….. not been able to enjoy the vision coming to reality.

now I can.  The only obstacle to us not fulfilling this dream and being in the premier league when we move in is the fans not mobilising against the shot show who run the club.