IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

21 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Out of interest, has anybody see any sort of projections of what sort of additional revenue the new stadium is expected to generate per year.? It will have increase capacity, probably an across the board ticket price increase, significant corporate packages,  increase general match day spending in and around the stadium, non footballing events.

20-30m a year? More?

Not seen any projections on this, but the stadium can be a 365 day venue. 
The corporate packagings are a massive chance, the whole thing will be a better quality and therefore a much higher price. Add to it the capacity of the corporate will be much bigger. 
Our season tickets will go up, I think we’ll be somewhere between £750 and £800 to start with, and closer to £850 after two or three seasons. 

The summer is where they need to get serious. Liverpool host concerts every summer now it seems (when they aren’t building) and we need to take a chunk of that market away from them. With the massive fan plaza something like the summer pops from back in the day could be  done again at Bramley Moore. 
Boxing, if they can attract some big fights (difficult with the Saudi’s) it could be a money spinner. I’d really like them to get a UFC night there, I’m not into UFC at all but if they could get a night with Meatball Molly, Paddy Pimblett and Darren Till (if he’s still doing it) that would be a huge night. 

Nice to see we have England U21’s at Goodison, work with the FA to get more of these games at Bramley Moore, maybe even an England friendly if they could get it too. 
Teams like Brazil and Argentina like to play a lot of their games in Europe (they change for the pleasure too) but it’s great for publicity as well as bringing in match day revenue. 

Another chance, can you get Rugby League’s magic weekend at Bramley Moore? Fans travel to Newcastle for it, with so many teams in the north west (and none of them from Liverpool) everything is already in place to host an event like this. 

If someone like me can think of a handful of ideas we have to hope there is someone at the club who can some up with better. 

44 minutes ago, StevO said:

Not seen any projections on this, but the stadium can be a 365 day venue. 
The corporate packagings are a massive chance, the whole thing will be a better quality and therefore a much higher price. Add to it the capacity of the corporate will be much bigger. 
Our season tickets will go up, I think we’ll be somewhere between £750 and £800 to start with, and closer to £850 after two or three seasons. 

The summer is where they need to get serious. Liverpool host concerts every summer now it seems (when they aren’t building) and we need to take a chunk of that market away from them. With the massive fan plaza something like the summer pops from back in the day could be  done again at Bramley Moore. 
Boxing, if they can attract some big fights (difficult with the Saudi’s) it could be a money spinner. I’d really like them to get a UFC night there, I’m not into UFC at all but if they could get a night with Meatball Molly, Paddy Pimblett and Darren Till (if he’s still doing it) that would be a huge night. 

Nice to see we have England U21’s at Goodison, work with the FA to get more of these games at Bramley Moore, maybe even an England friendly if they could get it too. 
Teams like Brazil and Argentina like to play a lot of their games in Europe (they change for the pleasure too) but it’s great for publicity as well as bringing in match day revenue. 

Another chance, can you get Rugby League’s magic weekend at Bramley Moore? Fans travel to Newcastle for it, with so many teams in the north west (and none of them from Liverpool) everything is already in place to host an event like this. 

If someone like me can think of a handful of ideas we have to hope there is someone at the club who can some up with better. 

Yeah, definitely. It should be the premier venue for concerts and other major events etc in the North of England.

Not many places you can go to a venue of this capacity, with the facilities we will have and be right in the business part of the city. 

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It is when you're already paying £600+ a season.

That’s what happens when clubs fuck up financially and take on a huge debt to build a stadium it has to be paid for and unfortunately fans will be asked to contribute to some of the costs, if people’s finances can’t stretch to another £1.83 a week then I would suggest they get a chipped Firestick for £60.00 a year and you can watch every game live home and away, admittedly it’s not the same as being there but it’s an option, or sacrifice something you pay £1.83 a week on that you could do without like half a beer or a Mars bar and bag of crisps, because season tickets will go up in price for the new stadium, or the other option is like many before if you don’t feel you are getting value for money vote with your feet and don’t go, I did that 30 or so years ago and now can’t get back. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

That’s £1.83 a week less than half a pint of Peroni I wouldn’t say that’s an excessive amount to pay to watch your football in a brand new state of the art stadium. 

Would you want your £650 season ticket to cost £1,125 in five years time? That’s almost doubled in cost over five years  

Or £1600 in ten years? Almost triple in ten years would be scandalous. 

It adds up quickly! 

As a football club from one of the most deprived areas of one of the most deprived cities, it wouldn’t take long before a season ticket is 5% of an average local annual wage or, heaven forbid, more expensive than watching Liverpool (who actually win things). 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

Would you want your £650 season ticket to cost £1,125 in five years time? That’s almost doubled in cost over five years  

It adds up quickly! 

As a football club from one of the most deprived areas of one of the most deprived cities, it wouldn’t take long before a season ticket is 5% of an average local annual wage or, heaven forbid, more expensive than watching Liverpool (who actually win things). 

No I wouldn’t but I don’t believe I advocated a rise every year for the next 5 years, don’t shoot the messenger mate the reality is season tickets will rise not because we are playing as a top team in PL but because we are in a financial mess and current owners or new owners are going to raise ticket prices to help towards the debt. I don’t have a season ticket been on the waiting list for 6 years so that suggests a couple of things people are happy to pay for their tickets and the waiting list is that big that any season tickets that become available are being offered to people who have been waiting longer than me, would I be prepared to pay between £700-800 for a season ticket in the new stadium with all that the new stadium has to offer you bet I would, and I think there would be thousands more than tickets available. Unfortunately the PL is a huge business that doesn’t exist for the working classes of our society even though some clubs are in predominantly so called working class areas that’s just the reality of how things are. Unfortunately the costs of most things in life aren’t based on the wealth of the poorest people in society. I’d like a top of the range Bentley but Bentley aren’t going to drop their prices to suit my pockets when they have enough people willing to pay what they want, that’s how PL football is going you don’t see many empty seats in a PL game no matter what team or the cost of a ticket. 

4 hours ago, StevO said:

It adds up quickly! 

With my travel I pay around £70 a home game on top of my season ticket. If it goes up a significant amount I won’t be able to keep going. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

No I wouldn’t but I don’t believe I advocated a rise every year for the next 5 years, don’t shoot the messenger mate the reality is season tickets will rise not because we are playing as a top team in PL but because we are in a financial mess and current owners or new owners are going to raise ticket prices to help towards the debt. I don’t have a season ticket been on the waiting list for 6 years so that suggests a couple of things people are happy to pay for their tickets and the waiting list is that big that any season tickets that become available are being offered to people who have been waiting longer than me, would I be prepared to pay between £700-800 for a season ticket in the new stadium with all that the new stadium has to offer you bet I would, and I think there would be thousands more than tickets available. Unfortunately the PL is a huge business that doesn’t exist for the working classes of our society even though some clubs are in predominantly so called working class areas that’s just the reality of how things are. Unfortunately the costs of most things in life aren’t based on the wealth of the poorest people in society. I’d like a top of the range Bentley but Bentley aren’t going to drop their prices to suit my pockets when they have enough people willing to pay what they want, that’s how PL football is going you don’t see many empty seats in a PL game no matter what team or the cost of a ticket. 

But you’ve not owned a Bentley for the last 30 years! 🤣

Also the worst sides in the league don’t have a 50k+ plus stadium 

6 hours ago, barryj said:

With my travel I pay around £70 a home game on top of my season ticket. If it goes up a significant amount I won’t be able to keep going. 

What would you call a significant amount out of interest? We all have different degrees of disposable income, and some of us have different views on what we should spend our disposable income on. You are right I haven’t owned a Bentley in 30 years I could have done but that would mean I would have to sacrifice the more important things in my family’s life to do so. I think it is inevitable that ticket prices are going to rise when we enter the new stadium, then some tough decisions will have to be made by a lot of people. 

28 minutes ago, Palfy said:

What would you call a significant amount out of interest? We all have different degrees of disposable income, and some of us have different views on what we should spend our disposable income on. You are right I haven’t owned a Bentley in 30 years I could have done but that would mean I would have to sacrifice the more important things in my family’s life to do so. I think it is inevitable that ticket prices are going to rise when we enter the new stadium, then some tough decisions will have to be made by a lot of people. 

It's all relative isn't it? 

Disposable income is very pertinent, the majority of our current season ticket holders are local, without wanting to assume too much, the figures below taken from a google search suggest that many may well have less disposable income given where they live, if prices do increase too much we may well loose some of our core home support.

In December 2020, it was revealed that 5,832 of Liverpool's 27,000 season ticket holders had Liverpool postcodes. This compares to 25,647 of Everton's 30,500season ticket holders who had Liverpool postcodes. Everton are the most popular with match going fans in the City of Liverpool.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I have no problem with a rise in price as you should expect that as the Stadium will be way better. I’m not saying I want to pay the same as I do now forever. I already spend around £2500 a year going to the games and that will rise anyway as my son turns 18 next year. A lot depends on family circumstances as to how much I’d be prepared to spend. I would say I don’t think the club will have any problem selling out for the first 3 years of the new stadium due to novelty and supporters that havnt been able to get tickets in recent years. But I think if they raise the prices by £100-£150 a year for the next three years and the team are still only fighting to survive then I think we for the first time in ages won’t fill the ground. I’m not an economist and hopefully the cost of living drops. I worry that if 777 come in they’ll want the fans paying through the nose for everything. 

47 minutes ago, barryj said:

I have no problem with a rise in price as you should expect that as the Stadium will be way better. I’m not saying I want to pay the same as I do now forever. I already spend around £2500 a year going to the games and that will rise anyway as my son turns 18 next year. A lot depends on family circumstances as to how much I’d be prepared to spend. I would say I don’t think the club will have any problem selling out for the first 3 years of the new stadium due to novelty and supporters that havnt been able to get tickets in recent years. But I think if they raise the prices by £100-£150 a year for the next three years and the team are still only fighting to survive then I think we for the first time in ages won’t fill the ground. I’m not an economist and hopefully the cost of living drops. I worry that if 777 come in they’ll want the fans paying through the nose for everything. 

Exactly. We all know the price is going to rise, no one has a problem with that at all.

11 hours ago, Palfy said:

You did make a case that an agree with an increase of £95 per year though. 😂

Ticket prices going up won't affect the number of tickets sold. It will force a shift in who can afford them, meaning that, in a lot of cases, the fans who've been in their seats the longest can no longer afford them which will open up spaces for those on the 3yr waiting list. I find this very sad and not very Everton at all. 

Inevitable that prices will go up. Not only because its a 'shiny new thing' with demand higher than capacity, but also the way it has been financed and the way the club is being structured and sold.

Be interesting to know how those clubs with newer stadiums/redevelopments have gone about things. How the likes of the shite, Arsenal, Spurs have changed their prices.

It's one of those where we somehow have to trust the people who run the club to do the balanced thing with fans taken into account 🙈🙈🙈.

Increase prices to pay off debt and invest in the squad, become more competitive? Or leave the prices lower to appease the legacy of the fans...but pay less off the debt and stay uncompetitive?

That's where the (lack of) trust comes in...there's no guarantee that increased prices will pay off debt and invest in the squad over lining the pockets of all the, clearly, multiple people and 'shadow' companies involved.

....also, just to add (sorry!).

I don't think the new stadium is at all a bad thing for us. The fans are going to get a great experience, the atmosphere is going to be fantastic. The players will love playing there and the overall match day experience is going to be superb.

However...I also don't think it will be the golden egg it could have been. Mainly due to how the club finances, sale etc has gone.

I'm very sceptical of how much extra revenue will be invested back into the club. Not to mention maintaining the 'shiny new thing'.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Ticket prices going up won't affect the number of tickets sold. It will force a shift in who can afford them, meaning that, in a lot of cases, the fans who've been in their seats the longest can no longer afford them which will open up spaces for those on the 3yr waiting list. I find this very sad and not very Everton at all. 

That wouldn't necessarily be the case because a lot of those on the waiting list will be in the same position financially. What it will do is open up spaces for day trippers so the crowd becomes more sterile like another stadium fairly close by.

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

That wouldn't necessarily be the case because a lot of those on the waiting list will be in the same position financially. What it will do is open up spaces for day trippers so the crowd becomes more sterile like another stadium fairly close by.

Then it'll move on to those who can. It's a 3yr wait last time I heard, right?

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Then it'll move on to those who can. It's a 3yr wait last time I heard, right?

There is no time scale on the waiting list. And there is more than one list, depending on membership or not. It’s all dependent on availability. If every single season ticket holder renews, no one on the waiting list gets a season ticket (until we move anyway).
My Dad was on the waiting list for more than three years, but he got lucky from a shit situation. His mate had a stroke, couldn’t go the game anymore, his wife passed the ticket on to my Dad. 

I am not going to start slagging Bill again right now, but just reading Oliver Holts article about his mate, suggesting the stadium should be call the The Bill Kenwright Stadium. 
I can’t comment further on that, and won’t link to the daily mail, but it’s there should anyone want to read about it (and about our horrible fan base).

1 hour ago, StevO said:

I am not going to start slagging Bill again right now, but just reading Oliver Holts article about his mate, suggesting the stadium should be call the The Bill Kenwright Stadium. 
I can’t comment further on that, and won’t link to the daily mail, but it’s there should anyone want to read about it (and about our horrible fan base).

That little prick has done that article as bait.

6 hours ago, StevO said:

He'll get a "stand", probably the blue wall one. I think that's fine. But there's no way the stadium gets anything but a commercialised name for big money and that was clear before all the financial shitshow became as clear as it is.