IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I think that’s  a good decision, moving mid season would be difficult for the organisational side of the transition, and it will be wonderful to go to BMD in August for our first game there. It’s also good to have the date confirmed now rather than being up in the air.

54 minutes ago, Matt said:

Never thought the mid-season thing would work. That's a junior project manager error with that. Besides, moving in during the summer is a lot more appealing :lol:

That’s all well and good, Matt. But has anyone considered my knees in this? I’m too tall to do an extra six months in Gladys street. The last 20 years with my knees against the seat in front of me have taken a toll, I need to move asap!!

😂

• 4 weeks later...

The more I see of this stadium build, the more impressed I am by architecture. 
Dan Meis is clearly a genius. 

The way the barrel roofing is going on, the level of detail in the engineering, the way each piece sits at an angle and all with a different curvature. Someone builds that in a factory and it just arrives and fits perfectly into place, with another piece that was made in a different factory over a year ago. 

A bit geeky, but I’d love to see a cross section of all of the layers on the roof. Seven or eight layers I believe make up the whole skin. 

Just having a bit of a fan boy moment after catching up on the last few days of work on the site. 

Even more geeky that I can’t wait to see them putting in the under soil heating. 😂

2 minutes ago, StevO said:

The more I see of this stadium build, the more impressed I am by architecture. 
Dan Meis is clearly a genius. 

The way the barrel roofing is going on, the level of detail in the engineering, the way each piece sits at an angle and all with a different curvature. Someone builds that in a factory and it just arrives and fits perfectly into place, with another piece that was made in a different factory over a year ago. 

A bit geeky, but I’d love to see a cross section of all of the layers on the roof. Seven or eight layers I believe make up the whole skin. 

Just having a bit of a fan boy moment after catching up on the last few days of work on the site. 

Even more geeky that I can’t wait to see them putting in the under soil heating. 😂

I love it. It is different from most modern stadiums with a minimalistic oval shape. Ours is so much more than that. Though I've seen people on Twitter mocking the design, saying it looks like a more expensive version of the King Power Stadium.

On 25/01/2024 at 08:46, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

All sub contractors. Should probably take it up with their employer I’d say. 

Echo story sort of makes out it’s Laing under paying. It sounds to me like they have found out Laing are paying good wages to their own employees and the electricians employers don’t pay them as much. 

If they are subbies working for a contractor who was awarded the contract by Laing, then any issues they have are not the responsibility of Laing. If the contractor who was awarded contract cannot resolve his labour issues and it starts to impede on the production program, Laing will have the right to terminate the contractor’s contract and charge that contractor for any costs incurred finding another contractor to take the contract over.

My guess is that all the electricians support the red shite 😂

A great video from Paul Frost today, showing a piece of the barrel roof being fitted start to finish. Again, great engineering. The wince used to lift and rotate the panel, and the accuracy of the brackets mounted to the roof structure, absolute precision.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Tbf, this is exactly the area they should be looking to cash grab. Those wanting corporate hospitality can afford it.

When the cash grab extends to the every day fan, that's when it's a problem.

Looking at the images of the bars, restaurants etc, they look class.

Any of you guys got any packages?

This is exactly what the club needs...so long as we, 'the club', get to reinvest the proceeds (which is the part I'm feeling massively doubtful about, unfortunately).

But, the stadium, facilities etc are going to be a huge leap for loyal fans, visitors etc.

9 hours ago, Newty82 said:

This is exactly what the club needs...so long as we, 'the club', get to reinvest the proceeds (which is the part I'm feeling massively doubtful about, unfortunately).

But, the stadium, facilities etc are going to be a huge leap for loyal fans, visitors etc.

Think the nearest I will get to corporate hospitality is when The Brick put a buffet on upstairs for the last game of the season

9 hours ago, Newty82 said:

No packages yet mate.

Got to tell them you're interested and then they share that info. 

I do like this idea of having something half way between a traditional hospitality package and the standard ticket only package. Hopefully its competitively priced.