IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

Work resumed on site on Wednesday. 

The terracing on the north stand is almost complete. Work has begun on the lower terracing on the south stand. More roof sections have been added on the east and west stands. 

In no rush to update the stadium video threads, don’t think there is much available to update yet anyway. 

• 2 weeks later...

Any wait to see some blue seats on the north stand next week, and hopefully the roof skin on the north stand too. 

Now most of the roof and terracing is complete it’s really looking like a stadium. When the lower west stand terracing goes on soon and the south stand reaches ground level it’s going to show the scale of the thing. 

One thing we can be excited about. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Any wait to see some blue seats on the north stand next week, and hopefully the roof skin on the north stand too. 

Now most of the roof and terracing is complete it’s really looking like a stadium. When the lower west stand terracing goes on soon and the south stand reaches ground level it’s going to show the scale of the thing. 

When I went down there to have a gander it’s so much bigger than you expect. Photos and videos don’t even begin to do justice to the scale of it. 

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

When I went down there to have a gander it’s so much bigger than you expect. Photos and videos don’t even begin to do justice to the scale of it. 

Get over to seacombe and have a pint in “the ferry”, looks out right at the stadium…. Brilliant to take in. You can see how it will be the first landmark cruise ships see. 

15 hours ago, StevO said:

Until it’s sold and we are just the tenants. This is and has always been my biggest fear. 

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

This lot will sell it as soon as they can (probably to a mate) to make an instant return, and then as soon as it's feasible they'll sell the club on again.

This is why I'm hoping it gets blocked. This could not be more of obvious strip and flip. 

• 3 weeks later...

I’m not going to post videos, but Mister Drone has been asked to cover the roofing of the north stand by the company supplying the top skin. There should be videos on his YouTube channel every day this week. Yesterdays was interesting to see how it’s done, but does look scary seeing a shipping container suspended high up in the air. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, StevO said:

this survey made me feel quite positive that the club will pay a lot of attention to the migration. I’m very happy with this and look forward to the next steps. 

It was also nice to see some new renderings. Screenshot and saved them all. 

It made me a little nervous about how the season tickets will go on sale, none of the four options really suited me. First come first served would be grossly unfair so won’t happen. Using the same system for away tickets is not good for me because I don’t get to as many away games as I used to due to work commitments and I rarely take the kids as they rarely qualify. Going by the length of time you have had a season ticket makes me think I will have to wait until my youngest qualifies, she has only had hers for 3 years, so that we can sit together and a ballot would also be grossly unfair

30 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

It made me a little nervous about how the season tickets will go on sale, none of the four options really suited me. First come first served would be grossly unfair so won’t happen. Using the same system for away tickets is not good for me because I don’t get to as many away games as I used to due to work commitments and I rarely take the kids as they rarely qualify. Going by the length of time you have had a season ticket makes me think I will have to wait until my youngest qualifies, she has only had hers for 3 years, so that we can sit together and a ballot would also be grossly unfair

I was a bit worried about the options as well.

I've had mine for 15/16 years but I'd like to sit with the people I currently sit with at Goodison, but some of them have had their season tickets for longer than me and some have had them for less time than me.

I at least hope that we're offered a seat in the equivalent stand at the new stadium, which would be the South stand for me.

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

That’s one thing I put in the last section where you could put forward your suggestions.

Keep family and friends together and give them the option of sitting next to their existing neighbours.

3 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I went with length of time. If you buy your kids ticket then you’d expect to still buy them. Your records are already linked. That’s how I’d expect it to be. They can’t split you and your kids up. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

That’s one thing I put in the last section where you could put forward your suggestions.

Keep family and friends together and give them the option of sitting next to their existing neighbours.

I did too. Suggested that if people sit with the people they want to sit with then it will help the atmosphere.