IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

Just now, StevO said:

The south stand roof is now self supporting. There are two roof trusses on the west stand. They are about to start roofing the north stand and, most importantly, we could be 48 hours away from the other mods letting me change the name of this thread!!! 😂

Never. We're only here because of Blue Bill :shakingfist:

12 minutes ago, StevO said:

The south stand roof is now self supporting. There are two roof trusses on the west stand. They are about to start roofing the north stand and, most importantly, we could be 48 hours away from the other mods letting me change the name of this thread!!! 😂

Change it now mate and you will forever be immortalised in the TT hall of fame😇🤣

13 hours ago, StevO said:

Why are you waiting for permission? Coward.

• 2 weeks later...

Club statement is either the middle of 24/25 season OR start of 25/26 season. I think they will choose the latter. Less disruptive and allows for a major marketing event/launch and an appropriate curtain closer on Goodison.

Let's hope that our concerns about BK sticking around for the new stadium opening are not true - Everton never fail to surprise me but surely there is no way he can stick around until August 2025!

It would be rushed to open it mid season - I think start of 25/26 is probably the better option, as there is some breathing room in the construction delivery programme.  Much better the Contractor has the time needed to get the best possible finish rather than potentially cut corner to meet a tighter deadline.

We have waited a long time for a new stadium so no need to rush the final 6 months and sneak in mid season. 

Seeing some of the video from the inside, it does look like it is going to be a very intimate stadium. Meis is very confident that its going to offer a great atmosphere.

Moshiri era has been a absolute disaster on the pitch, but as much as I will lambast him on the footballing side of things, he is certainly delivering on the stadium front. This stadium is going to be with us for a very long time and up to now I am pretty proud of what going on at Bramley Moor Dock - since the initial conception to the build progress. 

While it's nice to watch drone footage, I can't believe how slow is the progress: It's a snail's pace in slo-mo. Here in Atlanta, for example, a new football stadium was completed in a matter of months. Not ten years later, they were already planning for its replacement. Mind you, entry fees are much higher, which probably justifies it, and they generate significant revenues from renting out stadiums for all kinds of events.

47 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

While it's nice to watch drone footage, I can't believe how slow is the progress: It's a snail's pace in slo-mo. Here in Atlanta, for example, a new football stadium was completed in a matter of months. Not ten years later, they were already planning for its replacement. Mind you, entry fees are much higher, which probably justifies it, and they generate significant revenues from renting out stadiums for all kinds of events.

Erm, the Mercedes Benz Arena? From breaking ground to opening took three years, three months and seven days (according to wiki). That’s one of the most impressive stadiums on the planet, not to mention it cost about three or four times the amount Bramley Moore will cost.

10th August this year will be two years since breaking ground at Bramley Moore. 12 months ago it had barely any concrete. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Erm, the Mercedes Benz Arena? From breaking ground to opening took three years, three months and seven days (according to wiki). That’s one of the most impressive stadiums on the planet, not to mention it cost about three or four times the amount Bramley Moore will cost.

10th August this year will be two years since breaking ground at Bramley Moore. 12 months ago it had barely any concrete. 

I’m thinking of its predecessor. I confess that I didn’t look up the actual time to build and am basing my comment on memory. I shall look it up. 

18 hours ago, StevO said:

OK - I went back and looked, and my impression from the time was wrong. The predecessor to Mercedes-Benz Stadium was the Georgia Dome - and it took three years to build. It was replaced 25 years later.

Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s going to be an amazing stadium but I still think we’ve gone too small with the capacity. It doesn’t even equal a lot of stadiums in the league currently and other clubs will eventually go bigger also. For example, Villa will be redeveloping to 60K.

I don’t think it’s going to help us as much as we hope it will.

4 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

OK - I went back and looked, and my impression from the time was wrong. The predecessor to Mercedes-Benz Stadium was the Georgia Dome - and it took three years to build. It was replaced 25 years later.

I don’t know the Georgia Dome. But I’m jealous you’re so close to the Mercedes Benz, I drove past it when it was being built and it seemed like a sky scraper!

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s going to be an amazing stadium but I still think we’ve gone too small with the capacity. It doesn’t even equal a lot of stadiums in the league currently and other clubs will eventually go bigger also. For example, Villa will be redeveloping to 60K.

I don’t think it’s going to help us as much as we hope it will.

I’m 6”2 and been told I’m all legs, plus the bloke who I’ve sat next to for about 15 years is not exactly a slim fella. It’s going to help me massively! 

On 09/07/2023 at 15:58, Newty82 said:

Just seen the latest club video on the stadium...really is looking impressive. Shame there's so much shit at the club just now.

I didn't realise how big and dominant the old hydraulic tower is.

All of it together looks superb.

I think the stadium is looking awesome and I’m a bit obsessed. Its about the only thing that has kept my sanity Everton wise for the last year. I might be in the minority but I can keep the two things separate and still appreciate even with the shambles of ownership, board and the teams performance.