IGNORED

Blackburn

Romey 1878

Supposedly, we had a full training session this morning... no excuse but may have contributed to the apparent fatigue.

My observations...

- We could easily shift 10 players (at least) and not miss them.

- We need to work hard on defending set pieces. We looked lost with zonal.

- We need a dominant cb and cm as we are too easy to ‘walk’ through.

- Richarlison will be quality - can’t wait to see him with Gylfi - both brilliant at pressing... something we’ve been poor at.

- Bradley Dack will be playing in the Premier League before too long.

Can see dacoure or loftus cheek in midfield. Hopefully the Barca two are sorted. If Mina doesn’t come then Gibson would do me. Ziyech/Lozano/ mcgeady for the wing then a striker is a must. I know there is a few on here that rate niasse but he is absolutely shite 😂 do u think any top team are worried when he comes off the bench? If we are going to be a top team we need quality coming off the bench. He isn’t and neither is DCL. Chelsea lad who I can’t spell is the one. 

Awful performance, hopefully Marco can see the same problems that we can all see.

Williams, Schniederlin, Stek, Bollassie, Mirrallas will not take us forward and need to be moved out this window. Jury is out on Besic, Pennington and Keane

Jags and Baines, heart is still there, wether their legs are is the issue, but certainly needed this season.

Weve got a reasonable core of players and with another 2-3 quality additions well have enough to move forward this season, it's clear we shouldn't be expecting miracles too soon.

9 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

He’s called McCarthy, and the sooner he’s back the better. 

If he ever gets back to anywhere near the 1st team and is lucky to be selected, you probably wouldn't like his performances, the lads finished.

53 minutes ago, Bill said:

If he ever gets back to anywhere near the 1st team and is lucky to be selected, you probably wouldn't like his performances, the lads finished.

He's broken his leg he hasn't done his Achilles or cruciate.

The layoff will do him good as he has had 4 years of rushed rehabs from groin injuries.  He will be back. 

Didn't watch it last night but no surprises what the problems are. I hope Brands is confident of landing Mina because we will lose more games than we win with the CBs we have. I'm very worried we're being linked with no midfielders though I expect not to win every time I see Schneiderlin on the team sheet.