IGNORED

Record against top 6

4 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Funnily enough, it could be the 4 points we took off Leicester and if we can claim 3 against West Ham that might make the difference. Never would've thought that heading into the season

Also wouldn't have thought it'd be the 12 points dropped at home to Fuham, Leeds, Newcastle and West Ham (and counting) that might well screw us.

I agree the 'pandemic' factor has definately skewed this seasons figures.

I am now getting a little 'uncomfortable' with West Ham's current position in the league table. I know still a fair few games to go, but how ironic would it be if we missed out on 4th place to a team managed by David Moyes. We do have a habit of bad luck or cruel fate when it come to CL qualification.  That would feel like the biggest kick in the teeth ever!! 

8 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Honestly, beating Leicester is almost pointless when we lose to Fulham. Beating Liverpool is a wasted opportunity when we lose to Newcastle. Consistency is the name of the game.

Though I agree with the point, beating the better teams can start to make the players believe things are going in the right direction. And if they didn’t have faith in the managers ideas they certainly will after the Derby. 
Such a shame we didn’t win, or at least draw, some of Fulham, Newcastle, West Ham and Leeds. 

4 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I agree the 'pandemic' factor has definately skewed this seasons figures.

I am now getting a little 'uncomfortable' with West Ham's current position in the league table. I know still a fair few games to go, but how ironic would it be if we missed out on 4th place to a team managed by David Moyes. We do have a habit of bad luck or cruel fate when it come to CL qualification.  That would feel like the biggest kick in the teeth ever!! 

moyes has city, united, leicester, arsenal, wolves (jimenez is fit now), chelsea, everton still to play.  he rarely gets his teams up for the big games, i can see them dropping a lot of points or fighting for draws not wins.  i'm optimistic they will drop below top 7

West Ham have beaten Leicester, Wolves, Spurs and us this season and they have taken a point against City. They also beat Villa who currently lie 8th (twice).

Liverpool and Arsenal scored their winners in the 85th minute and they were in the games against Utd and Chelsea for most of the match. They took Utd to extra time in the cup as well.

West Ham are a difficult team to beat on the day.

15 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Honestly, beating Leicester is almost pointless when we lose to Fulham. Beating Liverpool is a wasted opportunity when we lose to Newcastle. Consistency is the name of the game.

True to a point, but if we'd lost all the "hard" games we've played this season as well as the "easy" ones we'd be on 25 points and looking in a very perilous place indeed.

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

moyes has city, united, leicester, arsenal, wolves (jimenez is fit now), chelsea, everton still to play.  he rarely gets his teams up for the big games, i can see them dropping a lot of points or fighting for draws not wins.  i'm optimistic they will drop below top 7

He managed to get his Everton team up for big games. Just not at Anfield 😂

We finish above them though, I agree they will drop.