IGNORED

Manchester City (Away) Saturday December 15th

markjazzbassist

1 minute ago, Aidan said:

It's possible if Gana is injured maybe he didn't trust Davies enough in this game so was forced into 5 at the back

I dont buy it. If he doesnt trust him why has he captained the side? Why did he start Schneiderlin early season?

If he doesnt want those guys in the game they shouldnt be on the bench.

I would say with a fair amount of certainty that he expected us to have more control in midfield so that Gomes and Siggy were on the ball a lot more with Digne and Coleman able to push forward. Then defensively I expect he thought the 3 at the back would deal better with the runners from the midfield. It just hasnt happened because we havent been good enough on the ball and simply playing good passers wont work without someone to get through the defensive work.

IMO the natural replacement for Gana is Schneiderlin and then Beni.

1 minute ago, Finn balor said:

You mad? Watch Mina ball watch and let sterling peel off him 

Mina has to move forward into the space IMO. With everyone else in front of him out of position, he needs to be able to cover the front post. Digne should be falling in line and if that leaves a spare man at the back post then so be it.

Another big chance for us, this time Walcott.

Bit annoyed by Walcott in this bust up. DCL putting everything on the line to win the ball and the back and Walcott then pulls himself out of a ball he should win. Poor challenge from Delph there too.