IGNORED

Rumours without a Link

Would definitely go along with Wickham. Lad seems to have been around forever, but I think he is still not 21.

Agree with WIckham. Apparently he has one year left on his contract and Sunderland are telling him to either sign a new contract with them or be sold, so if we show interest, I reckon we'd have a decent shot at nabbing him.

Who is Boath?

Sorry that should be Boyata! Damn autocorrect. The other CB (Kikic or something like that) was dreadful so I thought Boyata did well in the circumstances.

We need a Guidetti type striker who will challenge Rom and share the load over a potentially very busy season. Someone who I would have (many wouldn't) is Wickham. He's still very young and in the final year of his contract a SAFC (seems to be haggling a little). He seems to have finally filled out and in the 2nd half of last season actually began to live up to his early hype. If we could get for £4m-£5m then I could see it being an interesting/potentially good move with little risk (because of his age).

Im in the wouldnt camp. Seeing as he is English, he would cost far more money than he is worth, even with only 12 months left on his contract and whilst I do agree that he showed signs last year of improvement, I still think he is well below the level we should be aiming. Technically average, not really aware of the space around him or the space he makes for others and generally just not well rounded enough for my liking. Poyet did look like he was starting to bring him along though so it will be interesting to see how he copes this season because I know he was highly touted for a long time.

Guilame Hoarau (sp) has apparently decided that he wants to play in the Premier League. Think we were linked with him a fair bit last year if I remember right.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9406131/transfer-news-former-psg-striker-guillaume-hoarau-eyes-premier-league-move

I assume he is on a free?

edit: Can see him going to WHU since Carrol is injured now that I think about it.

Edited by Matt

Guilame Hoarau (sp) has apparently decided that he wants to play in the Premier League. Think we were linked with him a fair bit last year if I remember right.

We were before he made a January move to China that lasted only about a year. Now he went back to France and had a horrible record. Again, we could use more depth, but I think he may be past it, or Martinez would at least need to take him on trial before offering a contract. Not really a Martinez-type player if you ask me.

• 2 weeks later...

Tottenham are having a yard sale and will listen to offers for these players

- Roberto Soldado

- Etienne Capoue

- Moussa Dembele

Them for me.

Soldado just needs some confidence, top lone striker on his day.

Capoue can cover both DM and CB positions, great cover.

Demebele is a proper ball playing midfielder.

- Andros Townsend

- Roberto Soldado

- Kyle Naughton

- Nacer Chadli

- Moussa Dembele

Would be pretty keen on these lads, but Townsend would probably be the one.

Think Nauton could add some back up for Coleman, and is a similar player, in terms of how he tries play.

- Andros Townsend

- Aaron Lennon

- Roberto Soldado

- Michael Dawson

- Benoit Assou-Ekotto

- Kyle Naughton

- Vlad Chiriches

- Sandro

- Etienne Capoue

- Nacer Chadli

- Moussa Dembele

None. They'll want top dollar for them all!

Take Nastasic in a heartbeat. I thought he had an injury last season which meant he was out of the side? Obviously Pellegrini doesn't rate him then. As Ten said, he'd be perfect as a Distin replecement. However, they probably want at least 10 million, and we're not gonna spend that on a CB now as it's not a priority. Unfortunately someone will snap him up and he'll be a good signing!

• 2 weeks later...

Take Nastasic in a heartbeat. I thought he had an injury last season which meant he was out of the side? Obviously Pellegrini doesn't rate him then. As Ten said, he'd be perfect as a Distin replecement. However, they probably want at least 10 million, and we're not gonna spend that on a CB now as it's not a priority. Unfortunately someone will snap him up and he'll be a good signing!

I bet they would consider a loan deal, we seem to have a good relationship with them, make the most of it.

• 1 month later...

Agreed. He seemed to lose his way a bit after a big move at a young age but is definitly back up there now. As a long term replacement for Jags I'd be made up.

He certainly did. I always wondered why he was being shipped round again. Personally I think he has the potential to be one of the best CB's in Europe. At the very top level.... Kompany'esc