IGNORED

Rumours without a Link

• 2 months later...

I'd onsider Pieters from Stoke City as a backup for Baines on LB. The guy has rly impressive stats on number of duels won so far this season. If Martinez can't get our defense to work effectively, perhaps we could use an individual who can bring some defensive safety on the field.

I'd onsider Pieters from Stoke City as a backup for Baines on LB. The guy has rly impressive stats on number of duels won so far this season. If Martinez can't get our defense to work effectively, perhaps we could use an individual who can bring some defensive safety on the field.

Think he signed a new contract a week or two ago.

• 2 weeks later...

See Liverpool have made a £10.8m bid for Marc Ter Stegen....cracking keeper for that price.

We can't offer potential European football but if I was Everton, i'd throw £15m at them and run away like a squealing little girl and hope they accept. Barca apparently want £23m but that won't happen.

A VERY VERY good, young keeper, who if Everton could convince to come (massively unlikely but have a great relationship with Barca) would be an unbelievable coup.

Get shot of Tim, get Marc in.

By all accounts he's a top lad as well, great personality and well liked.

See Liverpool have made a £10.8m bid for Marc Ter Stegen....cracking keeper for that price.

We can't offer potential European football but if I was Everton, i'd throw £15m at them and run away like a squealing little girl and hope they accept. Barca apparently want £23m but that won't happen.

A VERY VERY good, young keeper, who if Everton could convince to come (massively unlikely but have a great relationship with Barca) would be an unbelievable coup.

No idea about the player but why would he even consider going to Liverpool as they've just given Mingolet another five year contract :huh:?

Before they sign a new player and Mingolet can't do a runner without substantial payout (possibly).

Ah, so you reckon this guy would be first choice pretty quickly and Mingolet would get the league cup and splinters in his arse. Feasible if he's as good as you say.

Ah, so you reckon this guy would be first choice pretty quickly and Mingolet would get the league cup and splinters in his arse. Feasible if he's as good as you say.

Ter Stegen was deemed one of the best goalkeepers in the world, let alone a youngster.

That's why Barca bought him. Apparently their boss like Bravo, so Marc is only used like Robles (in cup games).

He's good enough to walk into most teams in the world.

Ter Stegen was deemed one of the best goalkeepers in the world, let alone a youngster.

That's why Barca bought him. Apparently their boss like Bravo, so Marc is only used like Robles (in cup games).

He's good enough to walk into most teams in the world.

He's played CL for them quite a few times, the lad is class. Screw the attacker, get 10 points a season with him in goal.

I can only find a Spanish magazine saying this has happened, but you've made it seem like it's a fact. Is it elsewhere?

What about selling Time Howard to MLS and bringing this young keeper in on a loan for the rest of the season? Barca would have nothing to lose, Ter Stegen would get playing time in the Premier League, with our Catalan link making it possible.

Worth a shot steve. Ter Stegen is one of the top young keepers in the world though, not sure how attractive we are to him without Europe. Plus his wages are probably massive.