IGNORED

Wolverhampton (Home) Sunday September 1st

markjazzbassist

2 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Well, just about made the last 25 minutes, ran u and down Goodison Rd trying to get the stewards to open a gate! flight delayed by air traffic control, what we  saw was similar to last season,  exciting going forward but shaky at the back from long balls, their 2nd goal was shocking defending we just stood and watched it bounce. Thought we could have won by one or two more bar two excellent saves by Patricio.

Goodison Rd the right place? Hope I didn't give you bum information, just that's the place I've had to go when there's issues getting in. 

That save from Mina cost me 2 bets.. Only £7.5k 😢 

Considering we had three players making their full home debuts I thought it wasn’t bad today. We are only going to get better. The squad is strong now and we have real competition. I wasn’t impressed with wolves today. United are going to be a mess this season and arsenal are poor apart from their front three. I think we can be positive 

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

Goodison Rd the right place? Hope I didn't give you bum information, just that's the place I've had to go when there's issues getting in. 

That’s a killer Pete. Tranmeres 96th minute equaliser lost me £600 yesterday😫. Another quid that went to the bookies 🤪

Just now, Finn balor said:

That’s a killer Pete. Tranmeres 96th minute equaliser lost me £600 yesterday😫. Another quid that went to the bookies 🤪

Nightmare! Sickening when it's last minute more so now they have the cash out option. 

As was lucky with Tranmere the other year, won me a grand in the 90+ minute. Hopefully next week our luck will be in. 

2 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Thought Gomes done a great impression of him today. Far too safe in his passing and was hiding from the ball at times. 

I expected us to make easier work of them today tbh. But Everton eh. 

Wolves aren’t mugs they can play a bit,  Gomes was invisible first half but came good second half, Delph was winning tackles intercepting keeping a good position making good passes, just proved we’ve needed more than a one trick pony in the middle. 

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Wolves aren’t mugs they can play a bit,  Gomes was invisible first half but came good second half, Delph was winning tackles intercepting keeping a good position making good passes, just proved we’ve needed more than a one trick pony in the middle. 

Shows how much more important holding position is to whatever people call Gana's defending. 

We've barely conceded a chance through the middle so far, and no where near the type of chances Gana's holes and ball magnetism used to give. 

Anyway, Wolves. Ridiculous start to the game all round but after the first fifteen minutes I felt comfortable, we were in control and they had very few chances; then the defence went into brain fart mode and conceded a second. I missed our winner due to a toilet break but after that we could've had another couple; Jiménez should have had a red before Boly did so Wolves were lucky to finish with ten. Six point swing from last season anyway so I'll take that.

I like to have a look at the oppositions view point on their forums. You obviously get a few knobheads saying we are crap etc but the majority were saying what I thought. Why have they turned into a long ball team? I wasn’t expecting that from them at all. They have had four tough fixtures to start off. Pretty much like us under Koeman that season. We battled and got the three points. I really want us to go to Bournemouth and do a job on them now. They’ve had it coming for a while 

I thought we were easily the best team throughout. They had a few moments, where I feel we gifted them rather than them troubling us. Did they have an effort the second half other than the goal?

We played some really good football going forward, but lack that killer instinct of finishing teams off.

At the back though, we were very shaky. Digne was not himself in the first half. Mina struggled and if not for Keane, we could have been under much more pressure.

Gomes was very quiet again for 45 minutes, but came alive the second half.

Delph, was great. Always showing for he ball, tidy when receiving it, and protected that back four. A few misplaced passes and a couple of reckless tackles, but again, he needs chance to get up to speed.

Iwobi is giving us a completely different dimension up there. Always looks dangerous, and seems to have an end product.

Good to see Kean getting another set of minutes under his belt. Struggled a little today with the power of wolves, but getting a little better with each set of minutes. Just a matter of time before he takes off.

I thought we looked leggy in the last half hour. Iwobi tailed off but he’s not had a good run of 90 minutes in the prem but he did great and there is obviously an end product to him. Kean did fine, I think wolves are the only side in the prem that play that formation with three big centre halves. I thought traore playing wing back was an obvious tactic to keep digne from going all out attack. 

Our 2nd and 3rd goals today were quality.

Starting to see what Marco's vision is with these players I think today. Strong, physical wide attackers with pace who will come central for crosses. Supported by overlapping full backs. Option of a poacher in centre with Kean or battering ram with DCL. Siggy free role with two holding CMs who can pass and put a foot in.

14 hours ago, pete0 said:

No problems Pete, all the turnstiles were closed, so I went into the ticket office, and they sent me to the steel gates near the Park end , "bang on them and if there's a steward there they will let you in" Thankfully there was and they did

1 hour ago, Wiggytop said:

No problems Pete, all the turnstiles were closed, so I went into the ticket office, and they sent me to the steel gates near the Park end , "bang on them and if there's a steward there they will let you in" Thankfully there was and they did

Apologies mate, at least you got in I'm the end 🙂