IGNORED

Crystal Palace (Home) Saturday February 8th

markjazzbassist

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

gladly admit i wanted cahill in the summer as a cheap backup.  he was run ragged by our forwards today and looked like an amateur. i'm so glad i don't have a job at the club.

I’d have been fuming if I was a palace fan with Charlys goal. Four round him and they let him waltz through 

2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

I’d have been fuming if I was a palace fan with Charlys goal. Four round him and they let him waltz through 

The defending for all goals was woeful to be honest, the Richarlison goal was arguably the one you could let slide for me, just because of how fast he was able to break away. 

For the first goal there's absolutely nobody near Bernard (as they'd played three in the middle with Zaha and Ayew really advanced) which was always going to cause problems. For the third goal DCL is in a totally different postcode, he has time to flick the kettle on back home and get back in time to stick the ball in the back of the net he's so alone, criminal to give someone such space in the box at a Premier League game but it'll get no complaints from me. 

Driving home I heard that they've got one of the worst scoring records in the whole division and have relied on a solid back line to keep them out of trouble. With a lot of time between now and May coupled with the fact that the transfer window is closed they could be a dark horse for relegation. 

Thoroughly enjoyed my trip to Goodison yesterday, great to be back at the Old Lady, loved bouncing around with my lad for the goals and we won! 

First half was pretty poor tbh, Palace barely scraped average all game but we hardly imposed ourselves on them, the goal was brilliant work from Walcott and I felt for him getting injured shortly after, his career in a nutshell. 

After the break I thought we were going to throw it away, no idea what Pickford was doing for the goal and we looked rattled, Palace were snapping into tackles and not giving us any time on the ball, tbh they looked more likely to get a second. Then the game changed again on a piece of individual brilliance  from Richarlison, great goal, and after that I thought we played our best football, Sigurdsson started to get on the ball and make things tick, even Sidibe started to be a threat on the right after looking lost coming on for Walcott. Easily deserved the second (great header from Richarlison!) and DCL should have added a fourth. 

Still think we lack quality in key areas, esp in midfield where we couldn't really dictate terms against a very poor Palace, but the mentality is very different to what it was under Silva and in Richarlison we have a genuine X-factor player who won us the game second half. 

18 hours ago, barryj said:

Out of interest who’s in the doom and gloom crew? 

None of the People in this thread.  Not aiden or Palfy.  It’s the people who aren’t regulars in this forum who just come on after we have some bad results and bitch and moan and act like the sky is falling.  When we are doing well they aren’t around and it’s wonderful. 

18 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

None of the People in this thread.  Not aiden or Palfy.  It’s the people who aren’t regulars in this forum who just come on after we have some bad results and bitch and moan and act like the sky is falling.  When we are doing well they aren’t around and it’s wonderful. 

Wow thanks mate I knew there was a reason  why I really liked you 😉👍

On 10/02/2020 at 14:44, markjazzbassist said:

although you aren't on much anymore, you were a regular for a while and weren't an "always moaning" type of poster.  i wouldn't consider you one either.

I still consider myself a regular. I just dont post that much. Been here for 11 years lol

but thx for not including me in the moaners 

edit, actually, I think I was here before 2009 to? But under a different name? Something like Peter H (Swe)?  I think i lost my password or something and just created a new account. 
Feels like ive been here a lot longer than 11 years