IGNORED

(Virtual) Party Time

MikeO

OK so I have a little over four hours left as a fifty-something so I'm celebrating like it's....lock-down.:unsure:

Tomorrow I'll be sixty but any "celebrations" will be "virtual". Anyone wanting to bring virtual cake/vol-au-vents/nibbles/champagne (virtual stuff is so much cheaper than the real thing) will be most welcome; I have genuine beer in the fridge so cool this end.

Timing is pretty crap but what can you do? Keep safe all.

15 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

congrats mike!  both of my children had their birthday under the lockdown this year.  it's different but it is what you make of it.  enjoy the brewski!

Thanks Mark, been a couple of times in my life where there were doubts I'd make it this far so can't complain; I'm hopeful that one of these days people will look back on what's happening now and see life through a new perspective. Stop the greed and look after those that need looking after more effectively, if this doesn't teach us a lesson nothing will. 

Congratulations Mike! 

My father in law turned 60 two weeks ago, he's a widower and we're not allowed to visit so we were afraid it was going to be a lonely event for him.  However at 8pm people from all the houses near him came out and started applauding and cheering for him.  He couldn't stop talking about how great that was during our next 'Zoom' call.

Hope you have a great day.

13 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

interesting.  is there a local brewery in devon?  has the microbrewery thing taken off in england like it has in the US?  for instance cleveland has 10+ breweries.  most are smaller but the beer is amazing.  

I went to a microbrewery in blackheath near Greenwich when the 2012 Olympics was on... awesome.  Gorgeous place too.  Hard to think you were in London. 

5 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I went to a microbrewery in blackheath near Greenwich when the 2012 Olympics was on... awesome.  Gorgeous place too.  Hard to think you were in London. 

it is massive over here.  even small little "cities" have a brewery or 2.  all these beer nerds have researched and are making stuff the way the belgians and germans are famous for.  Its great for the local economies too, they are small businesses and people really support them over the "big guys" like Budweiser, Miller, Coors, etc.  So much so that the big beer companies are trying to buy up all the small ones to give them credibility since no one drinks that piss water anymore.  Long may it continue.

sorry  i ,ossed  this  fabulous  event  Mike  i  was  hoping to  take  a  doggy nag  home  and  to take the piss out  of  you  but  i  didnt do either  for 2 reasons  

1/ As it was a virtual party    wouldnt be able to take a doggy bag anyway

and 2/(The important reason) I am  older than  you