IGNORED

Norwich City (Away) Wednesday June 24

markjazzbassist

First half was utter shite. Second half was much better and I wish we’d gone at them a bit more and shattered any remaining confidence.

Iwobi probably summed up our entire performance in that he was terrible in the first half and then came alive in the second half.

The defence again looked strong for the most part and worked well as a unit.

DCL worked his bollocks off again but was perhaps a bit too greedy at times when there were other options on.

Davies was dog shit. Richarlison not far behind him for stinking the place out. You know when he’s having a shocker because he shows frustration in everything he does.

Three points, an away win, and another clean sheet. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Really? I thought Southampton looked a league ahead of Norwich. Watching them made me relish this game thinking we would smash them... they were awful.
Southampton’s 22 shots 9 on target compared to Norwich 9 shots 1 on target. 

But I suppose it’s all opinions. I’m just watching other teams get quickly into their stride and football jealousy is setting in haha.

I watched all the first games and posted that Southampton were the best team I’d seen out of the eight or ten I’d seen play so far. The fact that we didn’t match them against Norwich doesn’t make us shit or a poorer team. 
Look at the Liverpool game we restricted them to the sum of fuck all and people still moaned, yet 3 days later they smash Palace 4-0, so working on your theory of comparing of teams performances against another team, that Liverpool game makes us world class. 
We can beat the bottom team and because it’s only 1-0 we slaughter them, we can draw and not concede to the team top of the league who have twice as many points as us, and regularly score 3-4 goals a game, and we still slag them off. 
To be honest I’m lost for words I really am. 

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Another good point is Liverpool have the same schedule as us, play a team fighting for a top half performance.... and... well.

But we just have to accept our players can’t possibly perform against the bottom team because they are tired. 

Like people keep pointing out, we are worlds away. Maybe even galaxy’s away.

We are miles apart but they made more changes and played a team that had over 24 hours less than Norwich had to prepare. I don’t believe you can properly compare against other teams as tactics change depending on opponents. 4 points out of 6 and not long to prepare between games on one of the hottest afternoons of the year. It wasn’t pretty but I think they’ve done a good job. 

54 minutes ago, barryj said:

We are miles apart but they made more changes and played a team that had over 24 hours less than Norwich had to prepare. I don’t believe you can properly compare against other teams as tactics change depending on opponents. 4 points out of 6 and not long to prepare between games on one of the hottest afternoons of the year. It wasn’t pretty but I think they’ve done a good job. 

yeah 4 out of 6 points is a good haul, next 2 matches will be crucial, leicester and spurs, 2 "top" sides. i'm not sure about Europe, but just seeing progress and putting together wins and clean sheets and solid draws is showing me the progress with Carlo and the players.  

7 hours ago, Palfy said:

I watched all the first games and posted that Southampton were the best team I’d seen out of the eight or ten I’d seen play so far. The fact that we didn’t match them against Norwich doesn’t make us shit or a poorer team. 
Look at the Liverpool game we restricted them to the sum of fuck all and people still moaned, yet 3 days later they smash Palace 4-0, so working on your theory of comparing of teams performances against another team, that Liverpool game makes us world class. 
We can beat the bottom team and because it’s only 1-0 we slaughter them, we can draw and not concede to the team top of the league who have twice as many points as us, and regularly score 3-4 goals a game, and we still slag them off. 
To be honest I’m lost for words I really am. 

I’m lost for words too. We could beat Liverpool 10-0 and play the most fantastic football ever seen. 
Next game we can play shit, and because we beat Liverpool 10-0 the match before it means we didn’t play shit? Mate that makes no sense whatsoever, none at all.... it’s actually one of the most dumbest things I have ever heard. 

If you found that match exciting and thought we played well. That’s fine. It’s very simple though, I didn’t. I won’t be happy when we play like that ever, I’ll accept the result and reasons why, but I won’t change my mind and think we played well, because we played well the match before, that would make zero sense. 

I can see Carlo in the changing room now, lads that was brilliant, amazing! Play like that every week and we’ll be champions haha!

edit: and after that whole rant, ignore me Palf. I wrote that the second I got out of bed haha. Mental note, ignore phone, get up, have a wash, have a cuppa, then catch up on TT 😉 Grouchy twat I am first thing.

6 hours ago, barryj said:

Not comparing ability mate, just work rate and fitness. I just think we’re making excuses for them that’s all. 
Im happy with the points, of course I am. But I think we need to improve a massive amount to stay with mid table teams. 

look at the results and performances so far, it’s a 50/50 split as far as fitness and effort goes. Some teams have hit the ground running, and some look like they are in pre season. We’re still in pre season mode. And it’s hard for mere mortals like me to understand this whole “Poor footballers need extra time and extra breaks” mentality.  Surely all pro footballers should be around the same fitness levels? 

Struggling against the bottom team isn't what I’m looking for if I’m honest. 

But again, I understand others may see it differently and that’s fine. I’m not trying to change others minds on what they saw, just explaining my own 🙂

26 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I’m lost for words too. We could beat Liverpool 10-0 and play the most fantastic football ever seen. 
Next game we can play shit, and because we beat Liverpool 10-0 the match before it means we didn’t play shit? Mate that makes no sense whatsoever, none at all.... it’s actually one of the most dumbest things I have ever heard. 

If you found that match exciting and thought we played well. That’s fine. It’s very simple though, I didn’t. I won’t be happy when we play like that ever, I’ll accept the result and reasons why, but I won’t change my mind and think we played well, because we played well the match before, that would make zero sense. 

I can see Carlo in the changing room now, lads that was brilliant, amazing! Play like that every week and we’ll be champions haha!

You are comparing our performances against other teams performances against the same teams, and because we haven’t done as well the makes us somewhat inferior, different games different times. 
If you are going to judge all our games on this basis then that is frankly childish and ridiculous football isn’t like that. 
Yes we were poor the first half I think that was pretty much unanimously agreed, but we were far better the second half, and that has fuck all to do with how Southampton played against them. 
Yes it’s about opinions and you’re entitled to your opinion, but don’t get upset with every opinion that doesn’t agree with you, remember others are entitled to there’s.

And mine is poor first half good second, and yours is poor completely, but what that’s got to do with you being a 47 year old builder who goes jogging with his son, I do not know you nutter😉

23 minutes ago, Palfy said:

You are comparing our performances against other teams performances against the same teams, and because we haven’t done as well the makes us somewhat inferior, different games different times. 
If you are going to judge all our games on this basis then that is frankly childish and ridiculous football isn’t like that. 
Yes we were poor the first half I think that was pretty much unanimously agreed, but we were far better the second half, and that has fuck all to do with how Southampton played against them. 
Yes it’s about opinions and you’re entitled to your opinion, but don’t get upset with every opinion that doesn’t agree with you, remember others are entitled to there’s.

And mine is poor first half good second, and yours is poor completely, but what that’s got to do with you being a 47 year old builder who goes jogging with his son, I do not know you nutter😉

That’s actually your words. If you read the thread, I have given examples of other teams due to people mentioning our fitness ect. It’s just not correct is it.... or would t all players suffer the same. And let’s be fair, it clearly isn’t effecting all players and teams is it.

As for being upset about it. Words in black and white don’t show emotion mate. Easily misunderstood. Many tines in the posts I have said I’m fine with others thinking differently, and I understand why. So your comment there mate is a bit out there haha do what I said... have your coffee first, or will help you think straight.

My best advice is always read the thread to get the context of the posts, rather than cherry pick certain parts. 

I think most could see that my point was, that just because we played well against Liverpool, just because we had reasons to be slower, just because we are coming out of a three month break.... doesn’t mean we played well. We were poor. And to be honest mate, read others posts.... clear to see I’m not alone here.

My point about my age and occupation, is that I don’t seem to suffer from the same issues they do. Yes it’s on a different t level, but I can still put effort in even at my age, my sprint may be much slower, but you can easily see with your eyes that I AM trying as hard as I can. For me that is a minimal requirement from a player that gets paid a shed lid of money to play for us. 

Im not going to answer your remark about being childish, as I’m sure once you’ve had your coffee... you won’t need me to.

Lets leave it like this shall we:

I think we were poor, regardless of any reasons, no matter how valid... we were still poor. 

You think we weren’t, and are happy with the performance. I’m at peace with that mate.

Have a great day and look forward to sparring with you next match... as I’m sure whatever I say, you will have your gloves on 😉

15 minutes ago, Shukes said:

That’s actually your words. If you read the thread, I have given examples of other teams due to people mentioning our fitness ect. It’s just not correct is it.... or would t all players suffer the same. And let’s be fair, it clearly isn’t effecting all players and teams is it.

As for being upset about it. Words in black and white don’t show emotion mate. Easily misunderstood. Many tines in the posts I have said I’m fine with others thinking differently, and I understand why. So your comment there mate is a bit out there haha do what I said... have your coffee first, or will help you think straight.

My best advice is always read the thread to get the context of the posts, rather than cherry pick certain parts. 

I think most could see that my point was, that just because we played well against Liverpool, just because we had reasons to be slower, just because we are coming out of a three month break.... doesn’t mean we played well. We were poor. And to be honest mate, read others posts.... clear to see I’m not alone here.

My point about my age and occupation, is that I don’t seem to suffer from the same issues they do. Yes it’s on a different t level, but I can still put effort in even at my age, my sprint may be much slower, but you can easily see with your eyes that I AM trying as hard as I can. For me that is a minimal requirement from a player that gets paid a shed lid of money to play for us. 

Im not going to answer your remark about being childish, as I’m sure once you’ve had your coffee... you won’t need me to.

Lets leave it like this shall we:

I think we were poor, regardless of any reasons, no matter how valid... we were still poor. 

You think we weren’t, and are happy with the performance. I’m at peace with that mate.

Have a great day and look forward to sparring with you next match... as I’m sure whatever I say, you will have your gloves on 😉

Happy to mate and make sure your guards up and gum shields in😉👍

17 minutes ago, barryj said:

I don’t miss Walcott 😂

i can't believe i'm saying it, i was one of his biggest critics, honestly i despised him as a player.  but after watching enough of us without him, i've realized that when we need to play the counter and sit back, he helps to stretch their defense and gives DCL and richarlison more room.  he's growing on me!