IGNORED

Man City (Away) Sunday 21st November

Romey 1878

Just now, badaids said:

Did you just see Iwobi traipsing back instead of sprinting to cover off the extra man that Man City had on the attack then.  

But then also putting in a great tackle to win back possession after having dribbled his way out of trouble in our half a couple minutes earlier.

Sorry, but I saw more effort today than I have in plenty of shambolic Everton losses

12 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

OS commentators are very critical of Everton effort today.  Not just dearth of talent.  Effort.

”No desire, no energy.  I just don’t know what to say.”

Man City probably beat us with our full strength team bang on form - that I accept - the complete lack of effort, whatever team we put out, is inexcusable. Very poor show with no positives whatsoever. I fear for Benitez if we don’t beat Brentford - I don’t think we should be sacking yet another manager but there’ll be a lot of moans and groans if we can’t.

Don't normally post straight after the match, but if people think that was more effort than recent games then its worse than i thought.

Once again, no spirit, no tactics, no effort, no bottle, no pride, we have not moved on in the last 5 to 10 years.

Decisions taken at the top have been dire, in choice of manager and player recruitment, we have spent a lot of money on very average players, who we never get anything for when we get rid. The money put in by the new owner has been a curse rather than a cure, it gave us false hope and expectations.

All this talk of new stadium, new training ground, player recruitment manager the best in Europe, just takes the focus away from the real problems on the pitch.

Watching to days game was hard, Pickford has gone back to his panicking ways, poor with his feet, poor judgement of his area, bur he was not alone, Kean could have given away 2 pens, Digne has been poor for a long time, Delph summed up the attitude today on the 2nd goal, ran towards the ball and stopped in front of him, no body on line, no blocking the shot, Coleman should have been replaced 2 years ago, Iwobi what does he do, that is EFC now and the 5 years at least.

I know city are a much better side than us, and we would have lost with all our players available, but there are ways to lose, and we are a long way from that.

17 minutes ago, Tonsta said:

Don't normally post straight after the match, but if people think that was more effort than recent games then its worse than i thought.

Once again, no spirit, no tactics, no effort, no bottle, no pride, we have not moved on in the last 5 to 10 years.

Decisions taken at the top have been dire, in choice of manager and player recruitment, we have spent a lot of money on very average players, who we never get anything for when we get rid. The money put in by the new owner has been a curse rather than a cure, it gave us false hope and expectations.

All this talk of new stadium, new training ground, player recruitment manager the best in Europe, just takes the focus away from the real problems on the pitch.

Watching to days game was hard, Pickford has gone back to his panicking ways, poor with his feet, poor judgement of his area, bur he was not alone, Kean could have given away 2 pens, Digne has been poor for a long time, Delph summed up the attitude today on the 2nd goal, ran towards the ball and stopped in front of him, no body on line, no blocking the shot, Coleman should have been replaced 2 years ago, Iwobi what does he do, that is EFC now and the 5 years at least.

I know city are a much better side than us, and we would have lost with all our players available, but there are ways to lose, and we are a long way from that.

I would agree with that.

Just hope the crowd doesn't turn on Rafa. At the moment it wouldn't make any difference who was in charge. 

With a full squad to choose from we are mid table at best.

We didn't compete with them at all. That's on both the manager and the players. However, it's exactly what I expected. This manager and set of players will not give us anything different to what was served up today, it's all they know.

There's an acceptable way to lose games and today was not it. We're just lucky it wasn't 6 or 7 and was only 3.

4 hours ago, Aidan said:

These players were defeated before they stepped on the pitch. Zero confidence.

A good manager prepares and convinces the team that, with the right tactics, they can beat any team. Once we get into the doldrums - as did United with Solskjaer, for example - there's no way out.

2 hours ago, Tonsta said:

Once again, no spirit, no tactics, no effort, no bottle, no pride.

A good manager would never allow this to happen. For sure, he would not play the very same squad as showed no spirit and no bottle the last time. He'd teach them a lesson and demand nothing less than full commitment. On the other hand, he must also be a capable manager who decides on tactics and convinces the players to pursue them. I challenge anyone to explain our tactics over the last three games. As far as I'm concerned, tactically, we're a shambles.

2 hours ago, Harv said:

With a full squad to choose from we are mid table at best.

Let' not accept the ready-made excuse that a lack of tactics and effort is because of injuries. It's not - as we'll see when players begin to return.

35 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

No way should fans go after Rafa. We now have a very threadbare squad for Brentford, no Richi and likely Demarai out too.

I will go after him. His era is over already. The lack of tactics reveals he has no clue. Injuries have an effect, for sure, but that cannot explain lack of effort and commitment. Benitez is as good as gone, as far as I'm concerned, and I'd rather the owners accepted that fact now and not wait any longer. People retire to China for a reason, and we were stupid not to recognize that.