IGNORED

Burnley ( Away ) Wednesday 6th April

Btay

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

We have leapfrogged Burnley with the bookies and are now 3rd fav to go down. After last night and the confidence boost that win has given Burnley today I really think the club need to start making plans for the now likelihood of Championship football next season. 

for a long term rebuild I think Lampard and the coaching team assembled is a good choice. However, to scraps for every point in a Premiership relegation fight the gamble of his appointment just has not paid off, this has not been helped by losing some many defensive players since he has arrived. Losing Patterson, De Beek and Keane this week just pretty much sums our luck or lack off it up this season. Somehow, I think we are just destine to go down. 

In how many games this season have we been able to field an unchanged side?, most games it seem to be two or three forced changes.

The only one positive of going down is that this squad will get dismantled even more so than it would if we stayed up and a team could be built around the likes of Gordon, Patterson, Mykolenko, Godfrey, Branthwaite and other top talent in our U23 - the Championship might be a better level of division for this kind of rebuild with talented youngsters. Clutching at straws, but have a horrible feeling this is now going to be the reality of next season. 

Could a season (I pray it would only be one) in the Championship give Lampard et al the breathing space to get a 'team' and playing philosophy together?

Relegation will be a disaster and recovery likely a long process. 

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

We have leapfrogged Burnley with the bookies and are now 3rd fav to go down. After last night and the confidence boost that win has given Burnley today I really think the club need to start making plans for the now likelihood of Championship football next season. 

for a long term rebuild I think Lampard and the coaching team assembled is a good choice. However, to scraps for every point in a Premiership relegation fight the gamble of his appointment just has not paid off, this has not been helped by losing some many defensive players since he has arrived. Losing Patterson, De Beek and Keane this week just pretty much sums our luck or lack off it up this season. Somehow, I think we are just destine to go down. 

In how many games this season have we been able to field an unchanged side?, most games it seem to be two or three forced changes.

The only one positive of going down is that this squad will get dismantled even more so than it would if we stayed up and a team could be built around the likes of Gordon, Patterson, Mykolenko, Godfrey, Branthwaite and other top talent in our U23 - the Championship might be a better level of division for this kind of rebuild with talented youngsters. Clutching at straws, but have a horrible feeling this is now going to be the reality of next season. 

Could a season (I pray it would only be one) in the Championship give Lampard et al the breathing space to get a 'team' and playing philosophy together?

Good post Rob, I think we are down and the rebuilding job should be commencing today hopefully, the board meeting today isn’t to sack Lampard, but to reassure him of his position next season and take some advice on what they can do now if the worst was to happen. But what I don’t want to see from Lampard next season if we are in the Championship is a team full of loanees as we witnessed at Derby. 
God works in mysterious ways is the saying, so is this our retribution for allowing our club to be funded with money soaked in the blood and deaths of innocent people from Russia, by Putin and his oligarchs ( Usmanov and his crony Moshiri ) personally if there was a god I’d like to think so. 

17 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Good post Rob, I think we are down and the rebuilding job should be commencing today hopefully, the board meeting today isn’t to sack Lampard, but to reassure him of his position next season and take some advice on what they can do now if the worst was to happen. But what I don’t want to see from Lampard next season if we are in the Championship is a team full of loanees as we witnessed at Derby. 
God works in mysterious ways is the saying, so is this our retribution for allowing our club to be funded with money soaked in the blood and deaths of innocent people from Russia, by Putin and his oligarchs ( Usmanov and his crony Moshiri ) personally if there was a god I’d like to think so. 

half the players will be on the phones to their agents trying to get moves to a palace, West Ham, Southampton, wolves….. but the reason they won’t get those moves is cos those clubs realise the error of buying semi retired footballers.

when I say “semi retired”  I mean they have no career aims anymore, they need the money and the prestige of playing in the top league but winning trophies isn’t all that. Collect enough of them players and you get Everton, collect enough of those players with higher levels and you get man United. 

gomes, Delph, dcl, Holgate, Kenny, tosun, Alli, Coleman, gone…… dont want to see them again. They don’t care, Coleman may care more than most but he’s too busy trying to perfect the art of looking like he cares to realise the truth….. he’s finished and if he did have anything to offer why did he play for Ireland.   Lampard I believe has protected him from a backlash - he got injured playing for Ireland but illness is a better way of not getting the fans irate at him.

Lewis Warrington, Dobbin, Isaac, Gordon, will bring the attitude into our side. We need it. Get tarkowski in if we can. 

1 hour ago, barryj said:

Relegation will be a disaster and recovery likely a long process. 

no argument there - it will be a disaster. I would much rather a rebuild as a Premiership club, but this morning it is increasing looking like Championship football is now realistically on the horizon. Bookies have us at evens - so it is now a coin toss at best for us...and with our luck!! 

Plenty out of contract this summer and will be gone off the wage bill - plus add to that DCL, Richarlison, Mina, Allan, Doucoure (should be takers for all these players) potentially even Pickford and hopefully Gomes and Keane. A real good clearing of the deck and bringing in young, talented and hungry players under a new regime. We are going to have no other choice but to try and do this. 

The only positive out of a relegation is that some players will want to move on rather than play in the Championship, so might be easier to off load them to other premier league teams or teams in Europe.

How the fuck have we got to this as a club!!! An embarrassment. We have become a blueprint of now NOT to run a football club. The likes of Aston Villa and Newcastle will only benefit from taking note of how this club has fucked up over the past 5-6 years.

If we do go down - I'm one that thinks we will - is there a chance that the club will go bankrupt with Usmanov sanctions, stadium debt, highly paid wasters that no one will want, nae cash anyway?

If we got rid of everyone and brought through a load of youngsters, I'd be quite excited about that.  Because I've worked out that I love the club, but hate the players and people in charge. 

41 minutes ago, badaids said:

If we do go down - I'm one that thinks we will - is there a chance that the club will go bankrupt with Usmanov sanctions, stadium debt, highly paid wasters that no one will want, nae cash anyway?

If we got rid of everyone and brought through a load of youngsters, I'd be quite excited about that.  Because I've worked out that I love the club, but hate the players and people in charge. 

I’ve actually come to the realisation that I too love the club and the absence of players and a board who do the same makes me realise it needs grabbing back.

starting with kenwright and his cronies, moshiri and his cronies and the players who are stealing a living… get them gone. 

hopefully thelwell is strong enough to stand up to the shite. His dad was a blue and he understands what the club needs.

the toxicity goes back to the kenwright power struggles with Gregg and the grantchesters seeing him for what he is.   With Phillip green they then got their  own yes people in like elstone and the piece of shit media fella I had forgotten about.  Moyes did a great job for kenwright and for the fans.  Ultimately the chickens come home to roost. 

Tit for tat player purchasing where everyone gets a go, moshiri and kenwright picking managers when we had a dof who was supposed to do it.

Everton have had more non disclosure agreements written than Harvey Weinstein.  If they didn’t the amount of shit we would hear about would be shocking.  

1 hour ago, badaids said:

I've said for a while that the price of relegation for us would be more than most clubs. We have a stadium being built that will cripple us (especially if Moshiri declares that it's his) and have a playing squad on ludicrous wages.