IGNORED

Burnley ( Away ) Wednesday 6th April

Btay

I've seen a lot of people have a pop at Lampard and I know it's generally a lazy reaction but if we somehow convinced the likes of Guardiola or Klopp to manage us we'd still be in this mess. The third goal is the perfect exhibit - you simply cannot train Jonjoe Kenny not to be a fucking idiot, and train Ben Godfrey not to trip over his standing leg when unchallenged.

The simple fact is that out of the players at Lampard's disposal, a good 95% of them are absolutely stealing a living.

Just now, Shukes said:

I’m starting to think you don’t like him.

Not any more.  Never ever did I think he would become the player we are seeing, I was a massive massive fan of his honesty and athleticism.  Not there now…. He’s not arsed. 

Did you think he was ok? I personally thought it was awful.

I could lump it all on Kenny if you want? Easy to blame a lad who is barely good enough for the under 23s…. Who quite frankly should not be playing.  Poor recruitment and model pro Mr Everton Seamus getting injured “I’ll”. 

7 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I'm a little confused why there are some who are so confident we will beat United this weekend. I think this loss tonight is the ultimate confidence-shatterer, wiping out whatever confidence we may have had left.

Can someone explain why they're so confident we'll beat United? Or honestly, why they think we'll escape relegation? Genuinely curious

The fans basically. We will make it a bear pit. 

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

When you've got someone in your sights thats that. Worked his arse off tonight but barely saw any service. 

Did he bollocks!!! That was the epitome of “going through the motions”. 

He never got service when he first came in to the team, when Dunc took for a few games pre Carlo  he ran his plums off. 

22 minutes ago, Bailey said:

How have we lost to Burnley when we were given 2 penalties?

Because we are incapable of scoring from open play. Lampard needs to dump DCL asap and bring Rondon in.  (Never thought I would ever post that) Good job DCL didn't take the penalties, he would have missed both.

3 minutes ago, johnh said:

Because we are incapable of scoring from open play. Lampard needs to dump DCL asap and bring Rondon in.  (Never thought I would ever post that) Good job DCL didn't take the penalties, he would have missed both.

Give me sanity John.  Do you see what I see in Dom?  A player who is faking effort?   I can’t believe people can’t pick up on it?  He’s literally coasting. 

9 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I'm a little confused why there are some who are so confident we will beat United this weekend. I think this loss tonight is the ultimate confidence-shatterer, wiping out whatever confidence we may have had left.

Can someone explain why they're so confident we'll beat United? Or honestly, why they think we'll escape relegation? Genuinely curious

No one is confident we are staying up.

No one is confident of beating Utd on Saturday.

9 games to play so 27 points up for grabs. 
5 of those 9 at Goodison.

We have 3 shite teams below us and I know we lost to Burnley but we gave them 3 goals.

I understand the doom and gloom if there were only 3 games to play! We have 9!!

We need to get behind the team for all 9 games.

we can’t give up and accept defeat now!!

16 minutes ago, DownUnderToff said:

Iwobi "picked him up" but half arsed it and just let him go, then Holgate failed to even go for the header as the last of the zone defensive line.

Iwobi, Holgate and Mykolenko all could have done something to stop that goal.

I am not sure of the virtues of Mykolenko picking up Tarkowski either. 

1 minute ago, milesey05 said:

No one is confident we are staying up.

No one is confident of beating Utd on Saturday.

9 games to play so 27 points up for grabs. 
5 of those 9 at Goodison.

We have 3 shite teams below us and I know we lost to Burnley but we gave them 3 goals.

I understand the doom and gloom if there were only 3 games to play! We have 9!!

We need to get behind the team for all 9 games.

we can’t give up and accept defeat now!!

31 minutes ago, Matt said:

3 brain farts. I expected us to lose but didn't expect us to be on the front foot most of the game. Still think we beat United. 

24 minutes ago, Latchford9 said:

I still reckon we'll get out of it. 

We'll beat Man U on Saturday and that'll be the springboard to inject some confidence.

Just now, dunlopp9987 said:

Also, the Rafa appointment was a mistake, absolutely. But anyone saying it's either his or Frank's fault that we go down is out of their fucking minds. If we go down, it's on the players. We've seen it time and time again.

Paelladyce is a massive reason why we are going down.

I completely accept that you cant predict the type of errors the players are making but you can't watch these games and think we look organised and in control. 

We played one of the worst sides in the league, certainly with some of the worst players and yet they still completely detached our defence from our midfield and our midfield from our attack. 

I don't think we were terrible on the whole but you could see the disorganisation as soon as they got the ball around our box. You can see in the goals that the players aren't disciplined and sure of their positioning. Its the same going forward too. 

The players are crap, but I don't see anything from the training ground making its way onto the pitch either. 

We did it once again, hit the self destruct button, as a team, and as a club we’ve done the same. £550m under Moshiri, can anyone really say we had once top class player on the pitch tonight, having spent more money than the RS.

We did show some desire to win, but frail defensive and wrong decisions have cost us the 3 points.

My confidence is waining, but I’m still hopeful we will avoid the drop, if we make Goodison the same as it was against Leeds for all the remaining home games.

8 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Give me sanity John.  Do you see what I see in Dom?  A player who is faking effort?   I can’t believe people can’t pick up on it?  He’s literally coasting. 

Personally I think he’s never been a goal scorer, bar one decent first half of a season last year, the next have of the season was back to his standards of the 2 seasons before, and this season in the games he’s played in forgettable, when he’s not scoring his assists record you would hope would warrant his place in the team, but the reality is in every season he’s played for us it’s pretty much been non existent, what does he offer the team can someone please tell me because I’m really struggling to see it?

41 minutes ago, johnh said:

My thoughts also.

Give DCL a wake up call and start with Rondon. It surely couldn't be any worse.

Just now, Matt said:

Personally thought we played well and it took 3 individual errors to lose us the game. 

We did, we played well, created chances and individual mistakes cost us. We have a hell of a fight but with the players we have coming back, and if we can cut out the mistakes, we have a chance.

6 minutes ago, badaids said:

Even with all the errors.

If just 5 of those crosses into the box had been better,

If Patterson hadn't done his ankle and played,

If Gray had been brought on earlier.

We would have go something out that game.

Oh absolutely. We came inches away from making it 3-1, that surely would've been it. Had Kenny's scuffed cross dipped three inches lower, we are up by 2 and at the very least, we get a point out of this.

We just have a poisonous mentality going around this club right now, and when we are asked to defend a lead (especially on the road), there's just no universe where we will be able to hold that lead.

5 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Not any more.  Never ever did I think he would become the player we are seeing, I was a massive massive fan of his honesty and athleticism.  Not there now…. He’s not arsed. 

Did you think he was ok? I personally thought it was awful.

I could lump it all on Kenny if you want? Easy to blame a lad who is barely good enough for the under 23s…. Who quite frankly should not be playing.  Poor recruitment and model pro Mr Everton Seamus getting injured “I’ll”. 

Yes I thought he was ok.

He challenged for balls. He chased the central defenders down and several times caused them to just hit and hope to clear lines. Gave one of the biggest toughest defences a concern all night. 

He had literally zero service. 

Your right Rondon did a lot in his cameo, even got a good effort off. Funnily enough he had better service in that cameo than Dom had the whole match.

That service came from Dom by the way.

I have no problem with you seeing it completely differently though. We all look for different things in players.

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

Yes I thought he was ok.

He challenged for balls. He chased the central defenders down and several times caused them to just hit and hope to clear lines. Gave one of the biggest toughest defences a concern all night. 

He had literally zero service. 

Your right Rondon did a lot in his cameo, even got a good effort off. Funnily enough he had better service in that cameo than Dom had the whole match.

That service came from Dom by the way.

I have no problem with you seeing it completely differently though. We all look for different things in players.

He didn’t challenge though. On 3 occasions pope misjudged coming out of his box and dcl slowed down…. He did keep running towards the ball but slower and avoided a 50/50.   

im not talking about service…. We are at the wrong end of the table where all players need to roll up their sleeves.  He allowed tarkowski to roll him cos he couldn’t be arsed battling for the ball and stepped.

when you are in a relegation battle with 6 or 7 players who know they won’t be playing championship football either way next season - that’s when you are in trouble. Dcl is off. His self awareness is shocking- the fact we know he’s off is he tells people he is. 

We have leapfrogged Burnley with the bookies and are now 3rd fav to go down. After last night and the confidence boost that win has given Burnley today I really think the club need to start making plans for the now likelihood of Championship football next season. 

for a long term rebuild I think Lampard and the coaching team assembled is a good choice. However, to scraps for every point in a Premiership relegation fight the gamble of his appointment just has not paid off, this has not been helped by losing some many defensive players since he has arrived. Losing Patterson, De Beek and Keane this week just pretty much sums our luck or lack off it up this season. Somehow, I think we are just destine to go down. 

In how many games this season have we been able to field an unchanged side?, most games it seem to be two or three forced changes.

The only one positive of going down is that this squad will get dismantled even more so than it would if we stayed up and a team could be built around the likes of Gordon, Patterson, Mykolenko, Godfrey, Branthwaite and other top talent in our U23 - the Championship might be a better level of division for this kind of rebuild with talented youngsters. Clutching at straws, but have a horrible feeling this is now going to be the reality of next season. 

Could a season (I pray it would only be one) in the Championship give Lampard et al the breathing space to get a 'team' and playing philosophy together?